free hit counters
Our new shrinking woman film! - Page 19 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-19-2016   #217
RedJack
♠♣ Jack the Ripper ♦♥

Re: Our new shrinking woman film!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtshrink View Post
To be honest I only spent 25$ on this and I got more Clip's then 25$ would normally get me. So I really have no need to bug the guy. If something comes of it cool if not lesson learned. Kick starter and these sites are investment sites basically. And sometimes your risk does not pay off it's what happens in the real-world all the time. sometimes you don't get your money's worth or back.
That is sort of BS... I'm don't mean to come off rude, but if you pay for something to be made, something gets made or you get sued. I have tried to be nice here, but this is starting to piss me off. I know it's not Qzar's fault, but a lot of people got screwed... I mean my is pretty bad since it's way more than 20$... (Edit: I'm not going to sue anyone! Just for the record, I'm just making an example how these things go down! Alright? I respect Qzar, I'm a little mad at him, but it's Dave I'm mostly pissed off at.)

So of course some who has donated 20$ or whatever would say, oh well... lessen learned. But I didn't, it was over 100$... Plus I was under the impression Qzar was making this, not this Dave guy.

Again, I'm trying to be civil about this and even said I won't ask anymore till an update, but the idea I should just be okay with this since this is a quote, "investment site basically" is bull! Of course a lot of here would say, "Well you were stupid for donating that much." Again I believed it was Qzar making this, not someone else. If I did, I would have played it safe and gave 20$

But my conversation is going no where now and everyone... just flame me, I honestly don't care. I did learn a lesson and that's to trust NO one. That is really the truth. So whatever everyone, I'm tired and I'm logging off for the day. I don't feel like fighting, I've said my peace or rant or whatever you want to label it.

Good luck in the in all this mess Qzar and be more carefully who you pick in the future, that's all I can say man. See you all later...

Last edited by RedJack; 04-19-2016 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added something
RedJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2016   #218
mtshrink
ham sandwich

Not looking to flame you just stating my opinion on why I'm not getting angry at this. I never invest what I'm not willing to loose weather its with a kick starter or a real life investment. So I look at the few clips I did receive and what clips at those lengths cost and I weigh them against my investment. And in my case I came out a bit ahead. I know this is not the case for you but that's my opinion on the matter. Good luck friend

Wanna RP? Shot me a PM
mtshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2016   #219
Obsidian
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJack View Post
That is sort of BS... I'm don't mean to come off rude, but if you pay for something to be made, something gets made or you get sued. I have tried to be nice here, but this is starting to piss me off. I know it's not Qzar's fault, but a lot of people got screwed... I mean my is pretty bad since it's way more than 20$... (Edit: I'm not going to sue anyone! Just for the record, I'm just making an example how these things go down! Alright? I respect Qzar, I'm a little mad at him, but it's Dave I'm mostly pissed off at.)

So of course some who has donated 20$ or whatever would say, oh well... lessen learned. But I didn't, it was over 100$... Plus I was under the impression Qzar was making this, not this Dave guy.

Again, I'm trying to be civil about this and even said I won't ask anymore till an update, but the idea I should just be okay with this since this is a quote, "investment site basically" is bull! Of course a lot of here would say, "Well you were stupid for donating that much." Again I believed it was Qzar making this, not someone else. If I did, I would have played it safe and gave 20$

But my conversation is going no where now and everyone... just flame me, I honestly don't care. I did learn a lesson and that's to trust NO one. That is really the truth. So whatever everyone, I'm tired and I'm logging off for the day. I don't feel like fighting, I've said my peace or rant or whatever you want to label it.

Good luck in the in all this mess Qzar and be more carefully who you pick in the future, that's all I can say man. See you all later...
Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. And sometimes you lose big. I get where you're coming from, Red. No one likes to invest money and see nothing come from it, but shit like that happens all the time (to be perfectly frank). I lost over $1,000 on an artist. Was I mad? Absolutely, but with time, the sting lessened. Even the best laid plans can be ruined by an onslaught of poor timing, external forces beyond either party's control, and just plain bad luck. Sometimes you just come out empty-handed.

As you mentioned, just learn from it and move on. Count it as a loss (a hefty one, it seems, but still just a loss). Hell, even though I didn't get the comic I ordered, I still became good friends with the artist, got to know them better, and eventually discovered that they really needed the cash more than I did. So I don't really feel so bad about losing that grand, because I can take solace in the knowledge that I ended up helping someone in dire need.

Also, this shouldn't make you unwilling to ever invest or contribute funds again. I mean, it's your choice and all, but I personally would continue contributing (and I do) to projects I find interesting, and I still commission people too.

Qzar isn't the enemy here, not even in the slightest, and it seems like he simply doesn't have any answers to offer (silence doesn't necessarily mean he's forgotten about this debacle, nor does it imply he's trying to downplay it). You assumed he was 100% in control of this project gone south, and ultimately that's on you. You made the assumption, and you got burned (like so many before you have been). And it seems like qzar is in the same boat as you, to be quite honest (scammed by this Dave fellow).

At any rate, I think it's a good idea you're taking a breather. Sometimes thats all anyone needs.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2016   #220
LK
Process Disciple

Sue or move on. I recommend the latter. Either way you are hopefully wiser.

You are only punishing yourself with this unrealistic hope. You took a risk and it didn't work out. That is all this is.

Buyer beware.
Unread 04-19-2016   #221
Anotherfetishguy
أنا رجل مضحك

Why is this still a thing?
Unread 04-19-2016   #222
LK
Process Disciple

Sunk cost fallacy.