free hit counters
R.i.p.d. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-03-2013   #1
Blazer22
Frequent Poster

R.i.p.d.

There's a new movie coming in theaters called R.I.P.D.
It has Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges as the main characters.
Story:
A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.

Even though they can see each other as they were. To normal people they're in different bodies.
Ryan looks like James Hong
Jeff looks like a hot chick
Blazer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013   #2
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

Re: R.i.p.d.

Sadly, though, there isn't any process involved.

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
tghawk555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013   #3
Blazer22
Frequent Poster

True.....
I think it'll be a funny movie though judging from the previews.
Examples:
One of the other dead police is an a girl scout.
Jeff Bridges gets throw and hit by a bus. You see a glimse of his girl self pressed against the windshield. Surprises the hell out of the driver.
Ryan gets hit by a tumbling car. When he gets up he's holding his gun. To normal folk he's in James Hong's body holding a big bananna getting up.
Blazer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013   #4
muffin_wins
muffin_wins

hope it's as good as the previews show or hope the preview are not just the best parts of the movie and the rest sucks.
muffin_wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013   #5
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Lurker

feels like they're trying to make another MIB, or at least cash in on the fans that liked the original.
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013   #6
charon2187
Leecher

Apparently, it's awful.
charon2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013   #7
Cadoc
Lurker

I figured as much
Cadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013   #8
Xanderfox
Process Master

oh Hollywood... great concept, top name actors, awesome special effects, how do you still screw it up?
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013   #9
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderfox View Post
oh Hollywood... great concept, top name actors, awesome special effects, how do you still screw it up?
Objection, Your Honor: asked and answered!
Unread 07-27-2013   #10
personEL
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charon2187 View Post
Apparently, it's awful.
Not the movie I saw. Yes, it's Men In Black with dead people, but still fairly enjoyable.

A Tweet suggested that it would've worked better as a TV series. I completely agree.
personEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013   #11
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderfox View Post
(Apologies for the rambling post ahead, but this is something I've been wanting to talk about for a long time):

Haven't seen the movie yet so I won't comment on it but in general, I do know this:

Movies are a business. That much is true and whatever puts the most butts in the seats is what most moviemakers try to do. That's the primary goal of a lot of them.

However, what I wish was the primary goal for all is to "tell a good story" with superb character development. The top name actors, the awesome special effects, and so on all should only be used to further the story. George Lucas famously said that special effects without a story is a pretty boring thing and I agree. A movie called "Twelve Angry Men" released in 1957 was, for the vast majority of the movie, just twelve guys in a smoky room talking to each other. There were no special effects. But Twelve Angry Men ranks in my top 10 favorite films of all time because of story and character development.

Don't get me wrong, some of my favorite films are a cavalcade of special effects. Time Bandits is among the top 10 as well, with its giant floating heads, a person turning into a pig, doors to other places in time, Sean Connery, and yet still it has a great story and great character development because these special effects serve to the story and character development, not the other way around.

In the movie Shrek, the filmmakers made an error in judgment, in my opinion. In the scene where they introduce Lord Farquaad, the executioner pours a glass of milk. They used this scene to "show off" their ability to do liquid in a computer. While it was only a short sequence, it jarringly took me out of the story and it took me quite a while to become re-engrossed. In a live action movie, they would not have had this kind of scene because, really, it's just pouring a glass of milk. The milk would've just been in the glass next to the gingerbread man. It's one of my only complaints about the Shrek movie because the rest of it was superb.

Long story short (too late!), I believe that special effects should serve the story, not the other way around.

On topic: I probably will wait for RIPD to come out at Redbox or something before I see it.

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013   #12
CNash
What would you rather be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsangeo View Post
In the movie Shrek, the filmmakers made an error in judgment, in my opinion. In the scene where they introduce Lord Farquaad, the executioner pours a glass of milk. They used this scene to "show off" their ability to do liquid in a computer. While it was only a short sequence, it jarringly took me out of the story and it took me quite a while to become re-engrossed. In a live action movie, they would not have had this kind of scene because, really, it's just pouring a glass of milk. The milk would've just been in the glass next to the gingerbread man. It's one of my only complaints about the Shrek movie because the rest of it was superb.
DreamWorks do this a lot, whenever some new animation technique is developed. I remember when they produced one of their first animated films in stereoscopic 3D, they specifically had a character in the first scene with one of those bat-and-ball toys, bouncing the ball directly into the top "layer" of the screen (i.e. right into the viewer's eyes) just to show off the 3D effect. But because it wasn't part of the narrative, it just seemed tacky.

CNash is offline   Reply With Quote