free hit counters
Personality tf/mc, An obscure and quirky fetish - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-06-2012   #1
brandygang
Be me!

Personality tf/mc, An obscure and quirky fetish

Anyone else here a big fan of personality tfs? I realize this is a seriously underrated and often over-generalized sort of tf/mc that I'm quite a big fan of.

I enjoy the typical tg and even stereotypical ones (bimbos, maids,cheerleaders, general sluts and vappy harlots), but I also have a particular fetish for the idea of people changing their identity fundamentally to associated stereotypes and further into more elaborate or different characters. I like characters gradually made into other characters basically.

But it's best when the end result is something a different version of the original character, theirself replaced with the new personality they've taken in, well still retaining some sense of their identity.

And well these things can include sexual identity, I like different aspects of themselves altered. Not everything has to revolve around sexual activity or gender identity.

Whether they're dominant or submissive. Passive or assertive,outgoing or cool and composed, kind or cruel,focused or aloof. Especially through mindcontrol.

I like the idea that, rather than a physical change which the character has to adapt to (and can even choose to) a foreign mindset takes over that's impossible for the character to repress as it gradually takes over their personality. They can't fight the urges to dress like a goth, or act real giddy and carefree. They suddenly like trees and nature or find themselves obsessed with anime or cosplay, or suddenly have the overwhelming desire to dominate everyone and everything.

And all the while their consciousness is helplessly trapped within it's own mind aware of all it's new thoughts, foreign preferences, unusual taste or strange new attitudes and passions towards something. (Besides just sex and standard tg fare) Of course they're still in control of their body and actions, they're not possessed but it's like they cannot help it, like a drug addict who are not 'brainwashed' per-say but just can't help what they've become (eventual sacks of sad). And the greatest and sexiest kink is the fear that they will come to accept and embrace the persona as part of their own identity. It blurs the line between freewill and self-choice.

And then the attraction comes in seeing them give in and slowly finding them changing themselves of their own inner-will, or resisting and having a different effect entirely. I like that it's not a magical/whatever physical change, but a change in their own self brings that about. (Kind of like how mental changes come as secondary kinks for many tg/tf'ers. But for me it's just in the reverse order. Physical tf/tg brought about through mental change)

The only types of this I see are always in extremes to warant their own groupings (Bimbos,corruption,ect) and even then the sex-aspect and sub/dom servant/master relationship really takes over, there's hardly really anything emphasized on the actual personality or character of the victim.

Two of the only artist I've found that dabble in this are Chicken-Yuki and DragonFang-X. The former has some good writing and descriptions, but the art is lacking. The latter has decent art, but the writing is minimal. (A paragraph or two of description)

Does anyone know any work of this or is a fan of this type of tg/tf/mc?

Last edited by brandygang; 08-06-2012 at 10:27 PM.
brandygang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012   #2
Muhznit
The Magical Mammary Man

Re: Personality tf/mc, An obscure and quirky fetish

Interesting... I assume you mean something like refocused priorities?

Something along the lines of:
A girl that donates generously has no problem sharing her guy with other girls, while a greedy bitch hogs her guy (and if possible other girl's guys) to herself.
A girl that's a hard worker finds that she enjoys giving pleasure and moving her body during sex versus just sitting there and letting the guy to the work, as a more lazy girl would prefer.

I've sort of been dabbling in things like this in a rather vain attempt at a "Procedurally generated mind control hentai game"...

I love 'em.
Muhznit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012   #3
brandygang
Be me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhznit View Post
Interesting... I assume you mean something like refocused priorities?

Something along the lines of:
A girl that donates generously has no problem sharing her guy with other girls, while a greedy bitch hogs her guy (and if possible other girl's guys) to herself.
A girl that's a hard worker finds that she enjoys giving pleasure and moving her body during sex versus just sitting there and letting the guy to the work, as a more lazy girl would prefer.

I've sort of been dabbling in things like this in a rather vain attempt at a "Procedurally generated mind control hentai game"...

Yes,exactly! Of course I'm incredibly interested in the idea of how these 'priorities' define ourselves, and how the perception of stereotypes.

It's subtle value manipulation that changes them as a person drastically to the point where it's a process.

Like to explain, many people have differing views on bimboization and bimbos in general. Some people like the general idea of a girl becoming more flirty or girly...and some like the idea to the point where it surpasses a bimbo in general. Some claim pure mindless sex-addicted slut tfs, are an excess that surpass the idea of a bimbo, claiming a true bimbo needs to shop and flirty and have some sense of.. something that makes them a bimbo and not a slut.

But what makes people this way? Aside from biology, most of your life is what makes you who you are, and what makes you decide to live the way you do and be the person you are. My fetish is a forced infringement on this. True brainwashing at it's core. (though not with the necessity of a mistress or forced sex or whatever like most corruption or conversion work has. The thing separating this from that is the insistence of freewill and and ability to think and reflect on the change based on circumstance. The change and 'corruption' becomes a part of you, but you never perfectly become 'corrupted' so long as you still you.)

My interest are similar, in a character that takes on different 'roles' and personalities other than just a 'bimbo'.

For a story example, take your run of the the mil girl-next-door. She's sweet, but not sugar coated or flirty. She's intelligent, but not quite a bookworm or genius. She's fit, but not athletic or particularly sportsy. She can use a computer if needed, can cook herself a sandwich or few basic things, maybe keep tidy but isn't very domestic. She likes to have fun once in a while, but not especially to anything in particular. There isn't anything particularly special about her, besides that she tries hard to do her best and be a good person.

And say one day she comes across a gypsy woman or magic wizard, vending machine, friend who's a witch, whatever the catalyst is for the the change/transformation.

Say she comes across a plethora of items or something. Everything has an obvious use for it, but said use also has a common stereotype associated with who uses it. Not only that, but what traits they have. Such as:

Book or Glasses - Nerd or associated intellectual
Beaker - Scientist or such
Duster or rubber gloves - Maid or house-wife
Rollerblades - SkaterGirl
Black Nail polish - Goth or scene, ect
Sweater - Shy or carefree
Controller - Gamer
Headband - Sporty or a jock
Scarlet Lipstick and makeup - Preppy
PomPoms - Cheerleader, so obviously flirty and ditzy

Now my fantasy is basically that the girl (or boy if you REALLY need it to be TG) finds it and it's 'traits' or assocation slowly consume their personality and start to become a larger part of their identity. Not that they physically transform into the role (although physical changes can occupy them, as a bonus), but they become taken over by this role, like it's subtle brainwashing/MC that begins and they can't stop.

Like one cursed with the glasses might begin to enjoy reading and learning, and becoming more 'nerdish.' It affects everything personality wise about them as well as their lifestyle. Their idea of 'fun', their views on life, the food they eat, the people they hang out with, their goals and dreams in life... everything gradually get's rewritten (as opposed to instantly washed over or replaced) to fit a perfect blend between themselves and this ideal, to the degree which they stop opposing the foreign influence but choose to accept their former self. To the degree they see fit.
Someone finding the duster/gloves might gain OCD light qualities, or just be more submissive. Picking up the rollerblades might at first make you enjoy rollerblading, but it might gradually have you start to incorporate other 'extreme' toyboyish stuff. And then acting like a 'tomboy'. (More assertive, using more lingo, ect) The headbands might make them crave to be fit and healthy and want to get out more, and than later eat right, or if they were already naturally competitive it may make them want to be a professional athlete. The makeup might make them more outgoing or as I prefer, makes them incredibly vain and obssessed entirely with appearances, making them want to be a star or beauty queen, ect, and also making them more dominant and assertive to gain attention.

An unusual favorite of mine is a tattoo or cigarette, and they start feeling bold and cocky and arrogant so they soon become a street punk. They notice they can't stop swearing excessively, can't mind their manners, have a hot temper and eventually can't tolerate normal society and become a person one really would associate with the 'streets.'
They're now living in a rundown apartment, probably working at a tattoo parlour or rundown shop. Sexuality might be more curious and even more fierce. They're treat their former friends and loved ones with spite and rebelliousness.

But at the same time they might still have a sibling that they loved or music that struck with them, a memory cherished or something especially important to them. Values values values. The change alters how their lifestyle, but not certain fundamental parts about them that are too dense in them to be overcome.

In this weird sort of way, the foreign transforming influence and the former self sort of take on a passive aggressive, dominant/submissive relationship. The former self is reduced to mere urges against an 'aggressor' and must cope, but at a certain point the balance tips and if the person changes enough their former self becomes submissive but not non-existent (and aching in their mind as they deal with this contradiction identity). I dislike the idea of a 'complete change' ever occurring, it loses it's appeal to me then.

An important idea is that the mc transformation is 'anchored' around something, one obsessive ideal that everything anchors around. The fetish is the transformation, but the additional interest comes with how they cope with this, and how that they change themselves with how they seem fit.

HOWEVER, one of the most important parts that keeps this interesting for me is that the mc is subtle and some part of them still remains. In the same way a lot don't like mc in certain tg/tf/cd stories because they feel it cheapens it. (No humiliation or affect really done if they don't remember who they were or don't care) Like the character may become a nerd of street punk, but still has to keep SOME resemblence of their former self, like if they liked a certain food, place, activity or person, there's something noting how what they've become it contradicts that or ensures it.
Outside their life and control, they keep the same life, until THEY decide to change it. The kicker being it's them (forced to) do parts of the change for themselves,into another variation of themself, and not insta-changing or gradually morphing into another person.

Of course, this is just the basic of the fetish put in a basic light. I've yet to mention fantasy and scifi, fictional stereotypes that add even more to the mix.

I hope this fetish isn't too hard to understand.

Last edited by brandygang; 08-07-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Unread 08-07-2012   #4
brandygang
Be me!

Short version: External Transformation (TF) brought out and self-inflicted by slow mental changes. That's basically my fetish. It just kind of seems to fall outside the range of common tf/tg for some reason. I find the change of a human being,especially their mind, in itself erotic, to the point of fetishization, but like the idea of some instinct or urge, some internal force changing them externally within rather than the other way around.

Examples: These definitely make good on this idea, as a start:

http://hypnochan.org/hyp/res/32719.html
http://hypnochan.org/hyp/res/33947.html
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3689462/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3689297

The last two have some incredibly nice introspection (in the details and the latter in the comments) on the ideas of warping someones sense of self-identity merely by introducing them to unshakable values and urges that must be followed. Just like a bimbo/slut, but rather than it merely being sexual arousal and libido making them further into what they decay into it's whatever subjective value the creator uses.
Unread 08-07-2012   #5
brandygang
Be me!

THIS STORY. This one. It's perfect. It contains exactly what I like in this fetish:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4114...ght%2C-Revised
Unread 08-07-2012   #6
Katsumend
Frequent Poster

I was actually thinking the other day about how most mind control is a mental tf into some stereotype. Take a fully rounded character and reduce them to one or two (cliche) desires. I think there's a lot of potential for what you're talking about beyond my little pony fan fiction

Last edited by Katsumend; 08-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Katsumend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012   #7
Ficfactor
Samus Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumend View Post
I was actually thinking the other day about how most mind control is a mental tf into some stereotype. Take a fully rounded character and reduce them to one or two (clique) desires.
Very much this. A lot of fans of certain "genres" such as bimbofication don't find bimbos themselves interesting or attractive; rather the transformation of into something wholly cliched or contrary to what the original personality most embodied. An outgoing, popular girl made into a shy, bookish introvert or vice versa is just as appealing to me as bimbofication or other more established personality alterationss.
Ficfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012   #8
Crash Ichimonji
Perverted Asexual

I've actually been mulling over this idea for an Evangelion fan-fic where a freak accident makes Rei act more and more like Asuka, and Asuka acts more and more like Rei.

Rei: *flustered* "Ikari-kun! I-I didn't ask you to clean my place while I was away!"

Asuka: *deadpan face* "Baka-Shinji, you need to stop apologizing for everything."

And eventually it would lead to this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eva swap.jpg (136.0 KB, 173 views)
Basically

Missa the host
a rental van with 10 fetishists aboard
a film crew
a road map of tf shrines and areas of interest
and drive the van and its fetishists around to f/x labs,
Sleepy Hollow,etc as the passengers discuss their fetish

IOW
turn the camera on yourselfs to make a documentary about
your RL kinks due to the fetish
Crash Ichimonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012   #9
Makalaka
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Ichimonji View Post
Rei: *flustered* "Ikari-kun! I-I didn't ask you to clean my place while I was away!"

Asuka: *deadpan face* "Baka-Shinji, you need to stop apologizing for everything."
That would just so weird...
Makalaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012   #10
brandygang
Be me!

The specifics for this fetish are actually surprisingly simple once I think about it. Its just a fetish for mind control / brainwashing rarely explored that often.

How many varients of MC are there? There's the television famous kind where a character is forced to move in a repetitive motion,like walking like a zombie or squacking as a chicken. This is also is a fetish for some, "Haigure " is a famous example. Another is the common master slave dom/sub thing, where someone becomes subservient and submissively obedient to another. The unappeal with these Imo is that they are essentially Body control, not ' mind control '. How can one really know what's different about their mental processes enough to know they're not just mindless automatons now? Its why I dislike robot tfs.

A closer and better fit to this is bimbofication and corruption, but these have there problems. Besides the basic fact that they're cliche and overdone without so much as speck of originality, they don't offer any full way to reflect on the transformation, nor do the victims have a sense of awareness that they've been changed, do its more tf than it is mc.

Worse yet is the persistence of BDSM themes here, treated as inseperatable from it.

Its unbelievable how repetitive these story's are, an intelligent woman/warrior or magical girl will be drugged /raped and ravished and by the end you'll have a vapid bimbo/demon or servant. I think there's a cultural bias here to since peeeatiful dumb slutty blinds are treated like the apitimy of sexual desire, and anything less is almost considered a fetish in itself. I think its why on the MC story site nobody says "Oh man wouldn't it be soooooo hot to read a story about a woman 'degraded, brainwashed and forcibly transformed into a genki girl, a shy innocent virgin, an Internet dwelling picky chewing woobie, or God forbid an intelligent mildly attractive independent woman." Its almost pathetic, if not for the constant apologetics and selfawareness of the fetish.

It will always be demonstrated through sex. There will always be a dominant zealous asshat or temptress there to prove the characters change. But this runs into the same automaton problem, and you get the feeling should this glorified master or mistress vanish the victim would just lay there soulless waiting tot someone new to come along to give them new orders.

Sexuality is an interesting attribute and interactions with other individuals (obedient/rebellious) is also important. But I don't understand why its treated as the most important, immutable factor in this genre of fetish. It just seems like not many individuals have a true kink or fetish for MC/brainwashing unless the promise of sexual promiscuousity exist. (besides those who express otherwise in this thread. Its definitely a quagmire )

That being said I'd like to give a shout to Hipperreed on a Digimon comic he did dealing rather well with this, even if it was off another story. If you're reading this, kudos Hipper.

Last edited by brandygang; 08-07-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Unread 08-07-2012   #11
brandygang
Be me!

Oh and sorry for the lengthy post, lol. I didnt mean to go off on anybody, just kinda laying out the groundwork for this concept and why its not more commonplace among mc fetish. When you can make people into ANYTHING you want and people only get a kink out of 2-3 things.
Unread 08-07-2012   #12
Muhznit
The Magical Mammary Man

FYI, the reason sexuality is there is well.... it's a fetish. Without sex, it's just a normal obsession. Also, I find that there are generally three types of mind control:

Will control: You can give them a command that they are unable to disobey. They are actually in control of their body, but just reacting to instructions against what they really intend to do. Through intensive manipulation, physical changes can be achieved, as well as shaolin monk-like capabilities. Breast Growth is included. Control is accelerated/kept through commanding them not to try to escape, bring harm, or in any way disobey.

Memory Control: Direct manipulation of memories renders them EXTREMELY gullible, to the point where you can make them do just about anything by installing a superstition about any given subject, and eliminate memories that you dislike. Hallucinations and illusions woud fall into this category, as well as telepathy. Control is accelerated/kept through "scheduled appointments" and "Bad memories of what happened last time you disobeyed".

Emotion Control: Most likely what you're looking for. A direct control over what the target likes or dislikes to make them do something of their own choice. Perhaps you can create a phobia for one thing, and an addiction to another. Control is accelerated/kept by (getting meta here) giving them a fetish for being mind controlled. Think of that-they KNOW what they were like previously, but find it so hot and sexy that they were molded into something else, that they don't even care. TVTropes calls it "Getting smiles painted on your soul".

Fun fact: For this, I basically turned the psychic legendary pixie trio from pokemon into different mind control styles. Works quite nicely.

I love 'em.
Muhznit is offline   Reply With Quote