free hit counters
EduartBoudewijn's AR/AP Updates - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > AP/AR

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-10-2017   #49
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Re: EduartBoudewijn's AR/AP Updates

Here's the resulting image for a commission for klatuk4u that I spent quite a long time working on. I do think the resulting image was definitely worth the effort and I'm very happy with the result.

The idea behind this image is that Widowmaker has somehow gotten her hands onto an Age Regression gun and has used it to regress several Overwatch agents back into diapers.

Personally I had thought Tracer's gadget would've prevented time weirdness with her, but apparently in this case it wasn't as useful for her. To be fair Winston probably didn't see something like this coming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overwatch AR final.jpg (1.24 MB, 541 views)
EduartBoudewijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2017   #50
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Alright; so I have been interested in doing some kind of animating for a few years now and always I've been way too scared to actually do something with it. However, recently I've actually started doing one just to get started with it and here's the resulting GIF. It's my first animation ever and I went a little overly ambitious perhaps. I felt I learned a lot though and I'm hoping to apply what I've learned with a new animation pretty soon. Obviously there's a lot I could improve upon, but at the same I'm very happy with how it turned out so far.

I would love to hear what you guys think about this piece!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Jane AR.gif (1.00 MB, 255 views)
Unread 12-11-2017   #51
cparle87
Leecher

Something seems a bit off. She staggers back, shrinks a bit, then she's back to normal, then the very next frame she's a baby without anything in between. Was that intended or is my computer not loading it right?
cparle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2017   #52
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
Something seems a bit off. She staggers back, shrinks a bit, then she's back to normal, then the very next frame she's a baby without anything in between. Was that intended or is my computer not loading it right?
almost seems like that's what's happening on my end too, the animation seems a little off

So I looked at the animation frames and you have a frame completely out of place that lasts way incredibly to long and you also seem to be missing a couple of frames as well. Since I couldn't fix the animation either. Other than that, it's actually pretty good quality artwork wise just need a little adjustment on the animation side.

Last edited by godleydemon; 12-11-2017 at 01:40 AM.
godleydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2017   #53
Captain Ash
Adventurer

Hello Eduart,

I'm glad that you've decided to make an animation.
The first part looks really great.
But then the animation looks like it needs some more frames.

I know this is a test gif, but what I've seen is fantastic.
A warning in advance, animated gifs may take long and are lots of work, but in the end they pay off.

I hope this will be one of many animated gifs.

Greetings
Captain Ash
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2017   #54
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by godleydemon View Post
almost seems like that's what's happening on my end too, the animation seems a little off

So I looked at the animation frames and you have a frame completely out of place that lasts way incredibly to long and you also seem to be missing a couple of frames as well. Since I couldn't fix the animation either. Other than that, it's actually pretty good quality artwork wise just need a little adjustment on the animation side.
Thanks a bunch for your comments; I appreciate the feedback. I'm honestly not quite sure which frame you say is out of place. Here's a link to a folder containing all frames of this animation at this stage; perhaps you could enlighten me? I'm honestly just trying to learn as much as I can from this: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al7hCT4bt4Mpm1d3MEspAKl3EgTS

I'm definitely aware that this is still very rough; since this is my first animation, the larger goal was to learn from it rather than make an actual polished animation. Some extra inbetweens would definitely make it feel more smooth and maybe I could spread the timing out a little bit more as well; the actual shrinking part is very quick at the moment.

@Captain Ash: I'm definitely aware that these take a lot of time, that's mostly why I'm trying to learn a lot of the basics before going into fully polished animations. Definitely appreciate your kind words!
Unread 12-30-2017   #55
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Here's a comic page I colored as part of a collab with ARmatic on deviantart (http://armatic.deviantart.com/)

I think he did a wonderful job with the lineart and general look of the comic; I added the colors and shading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oogabooga color.jpg (307.4 KB, 442 views)
Unread 01-29-2018   #56
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Here's a small birthday gift I made for klatuk4u. We often talk about missed TF/AR opportunities in mainstream media; and of course Tangled was about the biggest miss in terms of AR potential ever. So here's an image featuring Mother Gothel being regressed by Rapunzel's song.

Slowly but steadily getting back into regular drawing; changing art programs was more of struggle than I thought originally, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mother Gothel AR.jpg (425.1 KB, 154 views)
Unread 01-30-2018   #57
Captain Ash
Adventurer

Maybe now is a good time to tell Rapunzel that she is adopted.
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2018   #58
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

I don't know, maybe this is Rapunzel's way of letting Gothel know she found out =p
Unread 08-21-2018   #59
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted some AR art; sorry about that.

Here's a commission for LordBwargle on deviantArt that I worked on for quite a bit. Like with the Overwatch and Street Fighter commissions I drew for klatuk4u this is more an age regression aftermath than a sequence, this time featuring 5 female characters from the Borderlands series. Not actually a game I played myself all that much, but still some cool designs for these characters and I had a lot of fun getting them down like this.

Characters are Aurelia (top-left), Mad Moxxi (middle), Athena (top-right), Lilith (bottom-left) and Gaige (bottom-right). I hope you'll all enjoy it as well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Borderlands AR final.jpg (1.12 MB, 193 views)
Unread 12-21-2019   #60
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Here's a big commission I've been working on for the past week for klatuk4u on deviantart. He commissioned this AR sequence of Morgana Macawber from Darkwing Duck accidentally regressing herself back into an egg. I guess she wanted to look a bit younger for her date, but this is just overdoing it.

It was a real pleasure to draw Morgana again; I always really enjoy drawing her and it's been a while since I last drew her. I also tried some harder cell-shading with this image again; which I think worked out with her general style very well.

(Had to shrink the image down a bit for the Process; there's a larger resolution version on my dA and FA for the people interested)
Attached Images
File Type: png Morgana AR small.png (601.2 KB, 151 views)