free hit counters
TF stories that aren't super short. - Page 8 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 03-29-2023   #85
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: TF stories that aren't super short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amahain View Post
A well-written TF story produced by a human is still far better than anything an AI can churn out. I'm impressed with this AI technology, but I've yet to read anything produced by an AI that really drew me in and immersed me in the story. A good AI-produced bit of TF erotica still looks kind of amateurish to me (though props on it being grammatically correct, I guess). Just to quote from that other thread (and to be clear, this isn't to slag on jwyattguy who provided the prompts - just demonstrating the limits of the AI):

That is the "sexiest" part of the AI produced work, and it's boring. The reader still has to do most of the work to have any sort of reaction to that. It's like trying to get aroused by a Rorschach ink blot that kinda looks like a boob. At best, it can prompt you to create a scenario in your head, but you as the reader are still doing the heavy lifting.

Compare that to your own writing. You know how to build up to the TF, you know what sort of details are worth mentioning to your reader and what details can be left to the imagination, you know to call on several different senses in your description (eg. sight, sound, touch...), you have a sense of style that balances all that with the general flow of the story.

You're not competing against an AI. The AI sets a very low bar that any reasonably competent writer can surpass with ease, and you're a competent writer.

That said, it also sounds like you're looking for a reason not to write given the number of times you've announced you've quit. If you feel burnt out on writing, that's understandable. I've gone years between posting stories because the effort to enjoyment ratio feels a bit too high at times (that's effort compared to my own enjoyment of writing; that other people enjoy my writing is just a bonus but it doesn't factor into my decision to write). By all means, take a break; it's okay.

The trick is, you have to enjoy writing. If you enjoy writing, it doesn't matter what an AI is capable of. You write for yourself because you want to, and you share it with others because you want to.
I'm aware human written stories are better, but AI can churn them out fast. I'm concerned that people are getting dumber and lazier and will settle for low quality trash so long as they can get it fast. The average attention span is dropping like a fucking rock. Eventually no one at all is going to want to read something that effort went into writing that they'd have to wait for when they can push a few buttons and have a machine generate something of notably lower quality in seconds. If people will settle for machine generated garbage then putting real effort into writing is pointless and a waste of time. Besides the machines will only get better at it over time, eventually there won't be a discernable difference at all.

I used to have pride in my work and looked forward to getting feedback on it, but now I'd be worried that after spending hours on something someone would ask what program I used or what prompts I gave the AI.

I'm done.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2023   #86
jwyattguy
Hey Kool Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Never-fucking-mind. Not ever writing TF stories again. Not when people can just tell an AI to do it for them in seconds. I'm done, nothing could make me want to waste my time on writing after this.
Why would you ever consider quitting? AI doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to reaching the level of complexity with words that a human can. Just to get anything even remotely cohesive and/or erotic from AI, I have to re-type my prompt A LOT. And I'll have it re-do its responses A LOT. And I STILL usually end up with about 1/10th of what I want, with the rest being nothing but added fluff. I've tried creating a few actual stories, and I've discovered that A) the AI lacks the creativity to keep things interesting, B) it starts to get VERY repetitive and repeat itself, and C) it's responses are often not very natural sounding, and lack any sort of real genuine emotion. If you try to make it emote any sort of sexual feelings, you end up with canned responses like "she started to become horny" or "it was making her hot and wet". Every story that I've tried to create for myself, I've given up on every single one of them because of the limitations.

I didn't share my AI story experiences to show how amazing it is, or exclaim "This is the future of writing!" because it DEFINITELY isn't. The technology is VERY imperfect, and very robotic. And I imagine it will be for some time. That's why I primarily use it for roleplay (with shorter responses) or something similar to my infomercial request (which the more robotic "by-the-numbers" speech pattern works better).

Keep writing! Because no AI can replicate the intricacy, creativity, emotion, or raw talent of a real flesh-and-blood human.

You are a very solid person, always sure, always secure, stubborn, determined, and very loyal... You are a very strong minded person and stick to your word... people like and trust you..

Last edited by jwyattguy; 03-29-2023 at 09:28 AM.
jwyattguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2023   #87
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwyattguy View Post
Why would you ever consider quitting? AI doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to reaching the level of complexity with words that a human can. Just to get anything even remotely cohesive and/or erotic from AI, I have to re-type my prompt A LOT. And I'll have it re-do its responses A LOT. And I STILL usually end up with about 1/10th of what I want, with the rest being nothing but added fluff. I've tried creating a few actual stories, and I've discovered that A) the AI lacks the creativity to keep things interesting, B) it starts to get VERY repetitive and repeat itself, and C) it's responses are often not very natural sounding, and lack any sort of real genuine emotion. If you try to make it emote any sort of sexual feelings, you end up with canned responses like "she started to become horny" or "it was making her hot and wet". Every story that I've tried to create for myself, I've given up on every single one of them because of the limitations.

I didn't share my AI story experiences to show how amazing it is, or exclaim "This is the future of writing!" because it DEFINITELY isn't. The technology is VERY imperfect, and very robotic. And I imagine it will be for some time. That's why I primarily use it for roleplay (with shorter responses) or something similar to my infomercial request (which the more robotic "by-the-numbers" speech pattern works better).

Keep writing! Because no AI can replicate the intricacy, creativity, emotion, or raw talent of a real flesh-and-blood human.
You're not the only person I've heard of using AI to write. Those programs get better at it everyday, there's no way I'm going to waste my time on such a hobby anymore. I've already decided to quit, I've already deleted my DA account, I'm done. I have absolutely zero interest in writing anymore. Fuck it, I'm out.
Unread 03-30-2023   #88
jwyattguy
Hey Kool Aid!

Quote:
You're not the only person I've heard of using AI to write. Those programs get better at it everyday, there's no way I'm going to waste my time on such a hobby anymore. I've already decided to quit, I've already deleted my DA account, I'm done. I have absolutely zero interest in writing anymore. Fuck it, I'm out.
It's a shame you'd quit so easily... I suppose that, if you've given up so easily, it must mean you didn't enjoy doing it that much to begin with.

You are a very solid person, always sure, always secure, stubborn, determined, and very loyal... You are a very strong minded person and stick to your word... people like and trust you..
Unread 03-30-2023   #89
TF-Viewer

Quote:
It's a shame you'd quit so easily... I suppose that, if you've given up so easily, it must mean you didn't enjoy doing it that much to begin with.
What is your problem, huh? Do you think insulting someone was called for just them?
Unread 03-30-2023   #90
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

people just dont respect creators, if someone quit doing something they loved then there was a very good reason. they put a lot of hard work and time in and were very brave to put themselves out there. dont cry or make comments when some one quit and you wernt there to support them
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2023   #91
jwyattguy
Hey Kool Aid!

Quote:
What is your problem, huh? Do you think insulting someone was called for just them?
You just proved my point.. The fact that you take offense to it shows that, despite what you say, I don't REALLY think you're ready to give up on it. Use that passion of yours... turn it into creativity. Show people why you enjoyed creating stories to begin with.

As I, and others, have said... AI-generated stories simply can't give you the raw emotion and natural flow that a human writer can. And, you say that AI is getting better all the time, so it's only a matter of time before it replace you. If you think that is true, then shouldn't you be creating what you can, WHILE you can?

I do quite a bit of writing, myself... I just don't ever post any of my stories. The way I see it, if I were a prolific writer, and I shared my stories with the world, and I foresaw AI possibly taking that away from me, one day... well...

I'd rather write my heart out, and go out with a BANG, rather than a whimper...

Unread 03-31-2023   #92
TF-Viewer

Quote:
You just proved my point.. The fact that you take offense to it shows that, despite what you say, I don't REALLY think you're ready to give up on it. Use that passion of yours... turn it into creativity. Show people why you enjoyed creating stories to begin with.

As I, and others, have said... AI-generated stories simply can't give you the raw emotion and natural flow that a human writer can. And, you say that AI is getting better all the time, so it's only a matter of time before it replace you. If you think that is true, then shouldn't you be creating what you can, WHILE you can?

I do quite a bit of writing, myself... I just don't ever post any of my stories. The way I see it, if I were a prolific writer, and I shared my stories with the world, and I foresaw AI possibly taking that away from me, one day... well...

I'd rather write my heart out, and go out with a BANG, rather than a whimper...
That's you, that's not me. We aren't the same.

I did enjoy writing, I used to think I was even good at it at one point. I liked that I had found a way to contribute to the community after years of just appreciating the works of others. I spent hours on some of those stories,
but the feedback gradually became simpler and more sparse and I felt people were getting bored of my work, that I had an inflated sense of my own writing skills. That I must not be as good as I thought sense I rarely
got comments and only a few times got requests. To this day I don't know if I was any good at it really, or if people were just trying to be nice by not telling me how bad it was.

There were more stories I wanted to write, but I kept delaying working on them because I didn't think they'd be good enough for the community that already has a lot of writers with more talent than I have. Now this AI shit pops up and anyone can just have a machine write for them, and despite what anyone says to the contrary the AI will be capable of flawlessly imitating human writers within a year at the rate they're progressing. It makes me never want to try again, I was already hesitant to write anymore to begin with and the idea a machine could do it better and faster than I ever could is just crushing to my spirit and has killed my interest in writing all together.

I did love writing, I really did. But I just can't anymore after this.
Unread 09-20-2023   #93
TF-Viewer

Know what? Fuck AI. It's not even that good. I thought by now everyone would be using it to write stuff, but they don't. The few AI written stories I've seen are trash, they look like an insane person wrote them after doing all of the drugs. I can do better than that crap.

So I'm unquitting, again, for the... I lost track of how many-th time. No dumb AI is going to stop me, only my own lack of motivation, skill, and talent can do that. Also I'm stupid so I'll keep doing it anyway.
Unread 09-24-2023   #94
edwardfandango
Process Fan

Yeah, that's why it's usually best to wait for emergent "threats" to your hobbies to develop before publicly quitting in a paroxysm of anguish.

Roughly six months in, I've been pleased with where AI content is. It's easy to spot, readily filterable on Deviantart and others, and abundant in a way that shakes up our usual cycles of drought-to-disappointment.

As a once-writer turned consumer, I don't prefer AI writing to the real stuff. Writing I prompt can't surprise me like someone else's can, and great TF writers can craft stories with descriptive details, tension, and pacing that I haven't seen from ChatGPT. I read a lot of TF and I think your work is excellent. Around here we're desperate enough for content that what's good tends to get noticed, and what doesn't is usually for good reason. I don't see you getting supplanted by an LLM anytime soon.

Besides, those models seem to be in a state of constant improvement. I'm sure you'll have a chance to publicly re-quit again in a few months if you want to.
edwardfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2023   #95
jwyattguy
Hey Kool Aid!

Quote:
Know what? Fuck AI. It's not even that good. I thought by now everyone would be using it to write stuff, but they don't. The few AI written stories I've seen are trash, they look like an insane person wrote them after doing all of the drugs. I can do better than that crap.

So I'm unquitting, again, for the... I lost track of how many-th time. No dumb AI is going to stop me, only my own lack of motivation, skill, and talent can do that. Also I'm stupid so I'll keep doing it anyway.
You said it! I still dabble with AI to write stories, occasionally... and yeah, as I said before, it SUCKS! I spend more time correcting it, reminding it of what the topic actually is, or having to halt it in its tracks because it gets carried away... than I do actually being pleased with its output. It also lacks subtlety when you want it to, while then going into lavish detail when a simple description will work. And, it's dialog is always TERRIBLE (it usually ends up making the characters talk like they're in a Shakesperian play, and it always tries to go back to that style).

I look forward to seeing what sort of story you come up with!

Unread 09-27-2023   #96
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

I write a bit still. Not a fan of A.I. most of it feels very stiff and lacks detail to describe process. Ends up sounding like a synopsis rather than a fleshed out story.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote