free hit counters
Style Mistakes that Weaken TF stories - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-30-2018   #13
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Style Mistakes that Weaken TF stories

Spelling and grammar errors are kind of a given though, they ruin anything.

Continuity errors though are more story specific errors. Particularly in a TF scene, articles of clothing being removed... and then being removed again, or ripping off once, and then the same article being ripped off a second time. Forgetting what kind of clothes a character was wearing partway through a scene is another one. I've seen a TF start with pants then have a skirt being ripped off a paragraph later. Or a shirt become a dress, etc. Perhaps the worst example is the writer forgetting the name of their own character. It's a little distracting when "Sarah" becomes "Angel" then back to "Sarah" (this actually happened years ago, if I can find it I will link to it). Consistence is good, the opposite is not so good.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2018   #14
Dragon
Process Fan

I've noticed name change errors when the story started as RP log and the person who edited it manually searched and replaced.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2018   #15
Lycanthrokeith
Gotta Be Me

Name Change and Name Continuity happens often when there are too many characters with similar names. When you have control of the entire in-story universe, there should not be 3 Johns and 2 Jennifers. (Exception: Clone stories. Even then, put a number tag on them, such as Eve6).

I try to limit myself to one character, one letter, including nicknames and surnames. If there's an Adam, there shouldn't be an Aaron. (Exception: Twins).

And occasionally Autocorrect/Spellcheck is your enemy. Unusual nicknames can sometimes be reworked by the nefarious pair into a mundane mistake.

The lesson I learned: Don't rely solely on Autocorrect/Spellcheck.

Avatar: "Checking" by Mikhail. Used With Permission.

F-List: https://www.f-list.net/c/missclaneous
Lycanthrokeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2018   #16
LeenaAngelWing
Frequent Poster

I don't particularly like it when TF stories don't actually describe how the character feels while they are Tfing. Like when TF is only aesthetic.

I dislike incoherent TFs and TFs that use repetitive language. Once read a story where "cracking" was used to describe the sound like 20 times throughout the TF.

Spelling an grammar errors are a give in but I forgive one or two. I dislike tonal errors alot. If you make someone react with fear throughout their whole TF and then turn around and masturbate when done you've fucked up. Give me a reason. Did the TF make your character horny? Are the instincts of the new form overwhelming? It's not that hard. Just give me something more than "Oh no I'm a monster!... Guess I'll masturbate"

Though saying that line made me realize it's probably how I would react if TFed.

I also dislike when people TF in front of others and there is no reaction. Just as bad is when the reaction is to have the onlookers narrate the tf for them "OMG she's growing a tail!"

I guess I just want my TF stories to be solid amateur writing. That's all. Though I might be spoiled because I write and edit for a living and I might be unable to turn the critic part of my brain off.
LeenaAngelWing is offline   Reply With Quote