free hit counters
Crowdfunding question? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

View Poll Results: Crowdfunding?
Yes, do it! I'll contribute whatever I can! 5 20.00%
Sounds like a good idea. 11 44.00%
Ehnnn... 5 20.00%
I'm not sure this is a good idea. 2 8.00%
No! What were you thinking?! 0 0%
I'll tell you in the comments. 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-30-2013   #1
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

Crowdfunding question?

Hello, folks.

This is going to sound rather weird and I'd like to get your take on it. Basically, here's the idea:

I am currently going to school for animation, thanks to the great inspiration of Mako and the other animators from the old Siren Song. At the moment, my funding for this school is very sketchy and it's really hitting my finances hard at the moment.

What I'd like to ask is this: What is your opinion about me possibly setting up a crowdfunding thing to help pay for the school?

I don't want this to sound like I'm being selfish here so here's what I'm going to do. For large funders, I'll be providing a custom-made animation of some length featuring transformation, or perhaps a comic or whatever you want (some restrictions on content will apply, basically, nothing illegal). Other funders will get other things that I have not yet decided on (I need to do a lot of research on crowdfunding).

My most recent animation, the Gynethrope, will give you some idea of my skill as of, well, last year. The school will help me get much better at animation and, in turn, provide you with much better transformation videos.

So, what do you think?

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?

Last edited by danielsangeo; 08-30-2013 at 10:30 PM.
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013   #2
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Re: Crowdfunding question?

An interesting idea. I think you'd have to be more specific about ETAs of rewards and the like to get people comfortable with the idea of donating.
Unread 08-30-2013   #3
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

Agreed. All that will be hammered out once I start looking into doing it, if doing something like this is even a good idea. I'm just fishing for opinions right now. I haven't laid down anything specific.

Unread 08-30-2013   #4
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

You'd get a lot more funding if you did a crowdfunding campaign for a product, e.g. you could make a visual novel or an animation or a comic or something, and do that as your means of income throughout school. Indiegogo does allow charities but they don't get as much money as people making a product.

Go for it though
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013   #5
Scorch
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsub View Post
You'd get a lot more funding if you did a crowdfunding campaign for a product, e.g. you could make a visual novel or an animation or a comic or something, and do that as your means of income throughout school. Indiegogo does allow charities but they don't get as much money as people making a product.

Go for it though
A visual novel like X-change would be a great idea, except less of the "I'm a girl now, let'ss go fuck everybody or get raped all the time. being a girl is fun!" shit, i mean the game was interesting and the art was freaking awesome, but it was 99% sex, which is extreme even for hentai.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013   #6
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

I have decided to go through with it. (My real name and photo is on the page! Ohnoes!)

What do you guys think would be some good "reward" levels? In other words, "contribute $100, get a custom 10-page comic", or whatever?

I really don't want to cheat anyone but I just don't know what would be the rate. In the end, I will be contributing animations for people to watch with the skills I learn in the school, but these will be extras for people that vote at specific levels.

What do you guys think? Also, should I open this to the rest of the forum?

Last edited by danielsangeo; 09-02-2013 at 11:13 AM.