free hit counters
There's an Official Female Link - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-13-2015   #13
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Re: There's an Official Female Link

Scorch, are you sure you're not thinking of Midna?
Also, as a great man once said, there's only so many times you can call a dude "Zelda" before some weird shit happens.
Unread 11-13-2015   #14
Unbarred Sin
Stupid computer problems

My dream has come a little closer
Unbarred Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015   #15
elrey
Frequent Poster

I hope it will never be like Pokèmon.."Are you a boy or a girl?
Unread 11-14-2015   #16
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrey View Post
I hope it will never be like Pokèmon.."Are you a boy or a girl?
That would be great. We have a number of other series that allow the choice of male or female versions of the protagonist, it would be awesome if Zelda joined that club. I mean, this is already a character that doesn't speak, all that has to change is the in game model and some contextual dialog from NPCs as to whether they're using male or female pronouns, and finally recording an alternate set of "Hyah!" sounds with a female VA. Not really going to add years to production time.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015   #17
Avenger2099
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
That would be great. We have a number of other series that allow the choice of male or female versions of the protagonist, it would be awesome if Zelda joined that club. I mean, this is already a character that doesn't speak, all that has to change is the in game model and some contextual dialog from NPCs as to whether they're using male or female pronouns, and finally recording an alternate set of "Hyah!" sounds with a female VA. Not really going to add years to production time.
Eh, while I agree with you that it wouldn't be that hard to make a female and male version of Link I don't think Nintendo should do it. As a one off maybe but at this point he's an icon. It would be like making a male Samus or a female Mario. None of them talk much and could be easily swapped but they are who they are and shouldn't really be changed. It would be like changing Tony the Tiger or... the Geico Gecko.
Unread 11-14-2015   #18
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger2099 View Post
Eh, while I agree with you that it wouldn't be that hard to make a female and male version of Link I don't think Nintendo should do it. As a one off maybe but at this point he's an icon. It would be like making a male Samus or a female Mario. None of them talk much and could be easily swapped but they are who they are and shouldn't really be changed. It would be like changing Tony the Tiger or... the Geico Gecko.
And to head off anyone who's gonna say it, yes, we know each given Link is more often than not a different person. But Link as a concept is pretty set now, after 30 years of the series.

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015   #19
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

^ Don't care. Want girl Link.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2015   #20
Xodiac
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Echo View Post
And to head off anyone who's gonna say it, yes, we know each given Link is more often than not a different person. But Link as a concept is pretty set now, after 30 years of the series.
If you've ever tried to make a LoZ unified continuity, you'll see keeping each game separate from the other games is the bst way to stay sane. Between alternate times, alternate ages, endings that don't match well with how other games start... yeah. They're all different characters, pretty much.

But that raises an interesting question. All the Links look similar. They're not identical, thanks to different technology levels of the games and different artists working on them, but they're all similar. Yet we just agreed, they're all different characters. And aren't they all the "Chosen Warriors" of Hyrule, or something?

So what if someone deliberately makes themself look like Link? Maybe if they come close enough, the universe will MAKE them the next Chosen Warrior.

It wouldn't be inherently TG, but the concept intrigues me. Imagine some random cosplayer transported to Hyrule because their costume was too close to how Link really looks, or someone in Hyrule who realizes the land needs a hero so deliberately becomes the next Link.

Last edited by Xodiac; 11-19-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Xodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2015   #21
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Quote:
The female Link concept art looks strikingly like the Elf from Dragon's Crown.
Quote:
Weren't Young Link, and Toon Link voice by a female?
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote