free hit counters
Diminished: A Final Fantasy XV Doujin comic on Patreon! - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Closed Thread
Unread 01-31-2017   #13
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Re: Diminished: A Final Fantasy XV Doujin comic on Patreon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll-Elf View Post
I wouldn't buy the half done writings of Harry potter. I would buy the whole book. Stepping on a monthly fee has the off-effect of making people be a little more lazy to squeeze out more pennies. Not to mention, we have a track record of paying for things before they are due on this forum and having them never come to fruition. Still waiting on those Red-Parrot productions ring any bells?
Harry Potter is a novel. Red-Parrot's work is a video production. Those are not a comic. A major difference.

As for Patreon, I've seen comic work being published on there before anywhere else. There's plenty of those out there. I'll show you a couple examples:

https://www.patreon.com/deviantkibate
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=267312

Those comics are more giantess, but you get the idea.
Unread 01-31-2017   #14
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll-Elf View Post
It's not failure. Most artists don't try to sell you their work before it's even made. They sell you a finished copy.
Dull, you don't know the first thing about how large works get made:

Quote:
Michelangelo, who was not primarily a painter but a sculptor, was reluctant to take on the work. .... The pope was adamant, leaving Michelangelo no choice but to accept.[9] The contract was signed on 10 May 1508.[5] The scheme proposed by the pope was for twelve large figures of the Apostles to occupy the pendentives.[10][11] However, Michelangelo negotiated for a grander, much more complex scheme and was finally permitted, in his own words, "to do as I liked".
I assure you, not even the Pope could have an artist work for 4 years with no payment until the work was finished! Steven Spielberg wouldn't even do Tiny Tunes (A pet project) without first finding a way to make it pay. If artists had to work as you suggest, there wouldn't be much work beyond the kind of things I do.
Unread 01-31-2017   #15
LK
Process Disciple

"Fans," lol. What did you have, like three preorders for your Sailor Moon comic and were expecting fifty? You're hiding behind words.

You're asking for *recurring* donations without expectation of return on a niche comic project you intend to sell catering to other demented morons like yourself and dressing up your panhandling like you are James Cameron trying to raise scratch for the next Terminator movie by going directly to <Bane Voice> the faaaaans.</Bane>

Only unlike James, you are broke from making financially unsuccessful projects disguised as your personal wank material and dun wanna pay the rising costs of productions hitting *everyone.* But you gotta have your diapered icons, right?

Hiding behind some illusionary fan base to hide your personal circumstances? Scam.

YOU DON'T EVEN DRAW.
Unread 01-31-2017   #16
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK View Post
"Fans," lol. What did you have, like three preorders for your Sailor Moon comic and were expecting fifty? You're hiding behind words.

You're asking for *recurring* donations without expectation of return on a niche comic project you intend to sell catering to other demented morons like yourself and dressing up your panhandling like you are James Cameron trying to raise scratch for the next Terminator movie by going directly to <Bane Voice> the faaaaans.</Bane>

Only unlike James, you are broke from making financially unsuccessful projects disguised as your personal wank material and dun wanna pay the rising costs of productions hitting *everyone.* But you gotta have your diapered icons, right?

Hiding behind some illusionary fan base to hide your personal circumstances? Scam.

YOU DON'T EVEN DRAW.
Look at the pic of my sales below, and try saying that again. Every sale went toward the making of the next issue!
proof2.jpg

Last edited by Mercurius; 01-31-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Unread 01-31-2017   #17
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Welcome to the post-truth era. They couldn't care less what the actual sales were.
Unread 01-31-2017   #18
LK
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post
Welcome to the post-truth era. They couldn't care less what the actual sales were.
Revenue isn't Net Income, brah.
Unread 02-01-2017   #19
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Quote:
Revenue isn't Net Income, brah.
and 130 isn't...
Quote:
three
Unread 02-01-2017   #20
LK
Process Disciple

In your rush to throw shade, did you stop and think about how those statements are talking about two different things at two different points in the conversation and convey two different meanings?

No? Carry on, you crazy fuck.

It is a huge leap to assume a sale translates to a fan, as if all customers are homogenous in their satisfaction and why they made the purchase. I think people fucking balls out insane enough to preorder one of his comics could qualify as a fan, so I like 3. Besides, his point was to make him and what he represents larger than it really is, which fits into his pattern of "How do I dress up what I am doing to sound more impressive than it really is, given my lack of talent and originality?"

Pretty sure you can drum up 100 sales for just about any fetish comic on the Internet.
Unread 02-01-2017   #21
Doll-Elf
Writer of the Fetishes

We aren't buying the comic outright, we are paying mercury to pay the man to make the comic. Would rather pay the artist and not the middle man. We aren't even paying for the commission, we are submitting a monthly fee for something only one person has control over editing. I'm not paying a monthly fee for a scat fanfic. And odds are, at least with the last series, it will be there.
Unread 02-01-2017   #22
OhZone
OhYeah!

LK, I respect your experience and knowledge on these matters, but wouldn't one polite comment about your view be enough? So, maybe some of us will "fall for it" but it doesn't make a difference in your life does it?

Same on DE.

On the other hand, youse are bumping the thread so -

Last edited by OhZone; 02-01-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Unread 02-01-2017   #23
LK
Process Disciple

No, civility for shady people leveraging ambiguity, hope, and the almighty penis power towards impulsive decision-making to lie and hustle is not warranted. Given the history this community has of talentless hacks grifting money from rubes and ending up producing nothing but air and regret, I would have thought more people would be for systems holding people to their promises.

Imagine Dave Sammons came on here proposing a similar desire for investment.

That's the culture now isn't it? Crowdsourcing has its place, but you need to look really closely at the context. You want to label the numbers different ways to argue a position, I will raise bias and self-interest as clouding factors.

It is a crutch for this person. Look at ZZZ and Dreamtales, since equivocation seems so damn important here. Whatever issues I have with their content, I respect that they self-finance and create with respect to what sells. I ASSUME that they have successfully married their interests with their business and that losses they may take from shoehorning in their interests over audience wants are risks they wholly assume.

Merc wants to be creative director for his kinks while he disperses the personal risk to useful idiots. Sorry, "ignorant people." *He can't create himself,* why the fuck should he get welfare on a monthly basis for creative projects?

He has the easiest job, creatively speaking. He doesn't have the money though.
Unread 02-01-2017   #24
OhZone
OhYeah!

Well, I guess I'm lucky that I haven't been ripped off.

Tags
comic, diminished, final fantasy xv, shrinking women