free hit counters
Expansion Comics is Online! - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-22-2006   #37
Sutibaru
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Blaze
Sutibaru, if I remember correctly Dr Curvy contacted you? We were very disappointed that you declined.

If I'm mistaken please forgive, but I do KNOW you were/are on Dr Curvy's list of desired artists for EC.
Yes I remember that. I was asked to do a pretty long comic series I believe. Not only that kill the time that I have to focus on my own art, but I just do not care much for money. I think in all, I only have done one commission. I have declined the rest because I had no desire to do them.
Unread 11-22-2006   #38
Bambi_Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutibaru
Yes I remember that. I was asked to do a pretty long comic series I believe. Not only that kill the time that I have to focus on my own art, but I just do not care much for money. I think in all, I only have done one commission. I have declined the rest because I had no desire to do them.
Fair enough, and I completely understand. Sutibaru, if you change your mind just let us know.
Unread 11-22-2006   #39
CattyN
Frequent Poster

Who doesn't like money? Money provides you with food and keeps you alive @_@; The only people who say money is of no value are either teens still living with their parents and getting free food and rent... or the extreemely rich who don't really need more money cuz they already have tons of it. As soon as you get into the real world you suddenly realize how imporant it is to have. Just surviving week by week is what i've been doing since I graduated college. Commissions keep me afloat. I can barely make enough money to buy myself a bag of potatos each week. If you think i'm joking I can assure you that i'm not. I'm so poor I eat potatos. I know that sounds funny but it's really not... it's sad and depressing. All the money I make from Commissions goes to paying Rent, Gas bills, and food. Never to myself. How sad is that? And i've had a pretty strong flow of commissions lately too...

Bambi: I'm strongly reconsidering your original offer now that i've seen the fruits of your labors... But first i'm going to see how my second job pans out before I commit to having to work on a longer-running comic. Time is definately not on my side ^_^;
CattyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006   #40
Bambi_Blaze

Awesome news Catty Hon, just let me or Doc know if/when you're ready.

BTW - I've sent you a couple of emails over the last 3 days or so... did you get them?
Unread 11-22-2006   #41
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

Feel free to advertise any new work on FTF10, Bambi... I'm fairly sure that not EVERYONE is so bitter about paysites over there... in fact, they hardly say anything. Even if you slap them, as I frequently do.
Prophet Tenebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006   #42
Bambi_Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet Tenebrae
Feel free to advertise any new work on FTF10, Bambi... I'm fairly sure that not EVERYONE is so bitter about paysites over there... in fact, they hardly say anything. Even if you slap them, as I frequently do.
Thanks babe! I'll for sure take you up on that!

Kisses!
Unread 11-22-2006   #43
Vader7476
The Divine Sith Lord

Smile

Congrats on the site opening Bambi. And she is correct, I'm doing a comic for that site at the moment. :P
Unread 11-22-2006   #44
Deadric
Lurker

My 2 Cents

Heres my 2 Cents *throws in 2 cents* well im not big on paysites since i cant afford to pay for it as Catty said its hard to keep a float thats how i feel thats why i cant be bothered with paysites they are too expensive for me... anyway i Love your Work bambi But i cant pay for any paysites wich isnt such a pain since i see no need for it im sticking with The process ^^ and the forums on EM >< ^^ Well my rants over for now anyway sorry if my english isnt that good Since im Dislexic and English is my second Language
Deadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006   #45
LK
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattyN
Who doesn't like money? Money provides you with food and keeps you alive @_@; The only people who say money is of no value are either teens still living with their parents and getting free food and rent... or the extreemely rich who don't really need more money cuz they already have tons of it. As soon as you get into the real world you suddenly realize how imporant it is to have. Just surviving week by week is what i've been doing since I graduated college. Commissions keep me afloat. I can barely make enough money to buy myself a bag of potatos each week. If you think i'm joking I can assure you that i'm not. I'm so poor I eat potatos. I know that sounds funny but it's really not... it's sad and depressing. All the money I make from Commissions goes to paying Rent, Gas bills, and food. Never to myself. How sad is that? And i've had a pretty strong flow of commissions lately too...

Bambi: I'm strongly reconsidering your original offer now that i've seen the fruits of your labors... But first i'm going to see how my second job pans out before I commit to having to work on a longer-running comic. Time is definately not on my side ^_^;
If you need some nice paying commishes from me man, let me know. ^^;
Unread 11-22-2006   #46
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

I believe Erik is always looking for people to do new Covergirls for the Overflowing Bra.
Prophet Tenebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006   #47
The Warlock
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattyN

Some people in this community seem to think accepting money for art is wrong. Or at least, them having to pay an artist is wrong, I imagine most of them would like to be paid for their work.

I can only imagine they're A) communists or B) just idiots.

But I'm sure you already knew this, Catty, I've read some of your thoughts on the public.

The Warlock
The Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006   #48
VincentJ
Frequent Poster

I'd also like to add this from Sheber himself: "It cost literally thousands of dollars to commision these and other artists. We're encouraging them to continue making expansion content. I think that we can all agree that this is a good thing."

On a personal note, I'm curious- is it just those without credit cards complaining about it being a pay site?
VincentJ is offline   Reply With Quote