free hit counters
Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Thrd - Page 30 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-25-2009   #349
Keichan
More tsun than dere

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

You know, I think I might be a little confused by the instructions you gave on the updated game files.

Why wouldn't you just set it up, rar it, and give it to us properly set up, rather than expecting us to hobble it together ourselves? 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Keichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009   #350
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

I wasn't exactly thinking very clearly. I thought packing the whole thing would make it a huge file size, but apparently there was no difference.

Goes to show that I shouldn't do work right before I go to bed.

Just so's you know, my folder is much more cluttered with all these extra files for when I was making sprites and other things. So I would have had to remove all the extra stuff, trying to remember which ones were actually extra, and then pack it.
monomonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009   #351
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomonkey View Post
I wasn't exactly thinking very clearly. I thought packing the whole thing would make it a huge file size, but apparently there was no difference.

Goes to show that I shouldn't do work right before I go to bed.

Just so's you know, my folder is much more cluttered with all these extra files for when I was making sprites and other things. So I would have had to remove all the extra stuff, trying to remember which ones were actually extra, and then pack it.
Considering that you're doing all this work, I really, really appreciate it, and it's inspiring me to get on an update faster.

Anywho, I do have a question. We have an option for more linearity or less linearity... do you guys care about dialogue that much? Here's the deal- I want it to be possible to lose party members due to enslavement or capture. However, I don't want to rewrite all the possible dialogue scenes for having 3, then 2 members... that would take a lot of time...

One possibility is to have traps that would convert your teammates, then at the boss, they are helping the boss to seduce you.

Another possibility is when the CC maxes, the girl gets seduced then you cycle through another party member. This might be a pain to code but it's do-able. Or, a chance of passing off the holy rock, as in each additional party member gives a 75% chance of not losing immediately, but there's a small chance that the rock is lost and they are done for.

Lemme know your ideas... I really want to have enslavement of multiple party members but not have to triple or quadruple the time it'll take to release.

DQ4 heroine transformed as Witch Lady.

Find a lot of VG/RPG femdom corruption (and MCl, monstergirl) at groups.yahoo.com/groups/ricobanderas9
rb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009   #352
keitaro_2006
Process Fan

Yup, i think the first opt better... where your ex-teammate helpin during boss battle to seduce you... And of course, i would love to see some combination move between the boss and the enslaved one... the gameover scene could be the same, i think...

I too didn't like the same dialogue, if it can't be avoid, how about make a skip opt?
keitaro_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009   #353
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keitaro_2006 View Post
Yup, i think the first opt better... where your ex-teammate helpin during boss battle to seduce you... And of course, i would love to see some combination move between the boss and the enslaved one... the gameover scene could be the same, i think...

I too didn't like the same dialogue, if it can't be avoid, how about make a skip opt?
not mutually exclusive- when you lose party members, they fight you at the boss...

Find a lot of VG/RPG femdom corruption (and MCl, monstergirl) at groups.yahoo.com/groups/ricobanderas9
Unread 07-26-2009   #354
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

Now that I'm actually working on my own project in RPG Maker (XP though... don't know how you can stand 2003), I can see just how annoying it is to work with it. I think both choices are going to be a pain to code.

What about having the party get split up and each have to go through a mini-dungeon? The ones who fail along the way end up as servants to the "boss".

To be honest I was going to do something similar to that with my own game but decided not to.
Unread 07-26-2009   #355
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Now that I'm actually working on my own project in RPG Maker (XP though... don't know how you can stand 2003), I can see just how annoying it is to work with it. I think both choices are going to be a pain to code.

What about having the party get split up and each have to go through a mini-dungeon? The ones who fail along the way end up as servants to the "boss".

To be honest I was going to do something similar to that with my own game but decided not to.
Mmmmm... it would be a pain in the ass, wouldn't it. Yeah, rm is bad for that, haha.

I suppose, then, select traps are probably the best. Like story events in the dungeon where they can get converted.

Unread 07-26-2009   #356
Keichan
More tsun than dere

Whatever you do, just promise us there will be more actual transformation this time.

The catgirl makeover scenes in the first release or two were spot-on, but the off-screen TF with a text exposition in the next major release felt like something of a cop-out, especially when seeing that there are sprite sheets for monstergirl versions of the girls in the image folder.

Also, I have a headache (?・ω・)
Keichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009   #357
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keichan View Post
when seeing that there are sprite sheets for monstergirl versions of the girls in the image folder.

What?

I don't plan on making every bad ending a transformation. But I do have some good ideas in store.

I do need people to let me know their preference for the 'party' system.

Unread 07-27-2009   #358
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keichan View Post
Whatever you do, just promise us there will be more actual transformation this time.

The catgirl makeover scenes in the first release or two were spot-on, but the off-screen TF with a text exposition in the next major release felt like something of a cop-out, especially when seeing that there are sprite sheets for monstergirl versions of the girls in the image folder.

There's actual transformation in the game I'm making. And it's animated.

Vote for me.

In all seriousness, I made the sprites for him after his most recent release. They're only in your folder because they were in my MonstergirlQuest folder when I posted the bug-fixed version. They should be in the next release, to the best of my knowledge. I mean, that's why he asked us to help him make the sprites in the first place =p

ps - holy hell the animations take forever and a day to do. I do not recommend even bothering with custom animations unless you seriously have nothing better to do with your time (as I do). The first one I did (a bunny) took me about 8 hours of work, not to mention about 3 hours of just staring at it trying to make it look right. I'm cheating by using existing sprites in the RMXP program as the start and end states, but it's still a lot of work, especially since I can't custom-make the ending this way and have to conform it to a specific color scheme and position. Fortunately for you all, I've abandoned the catgirl/bunnygirl style and am just going human->animal.

pps - I'm only posting about this here because I don't want to start a whole new thread just to talk about a game I'm working on since the likelihood of it coming out any time soon is low. So far I've written the base story and two TFs. Only animated one.

Sorry to ninja =p
Unread 07-27-2009   #359
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
There's actual transformation in the game I'm making. And it's animated.

Vote for me.

In all seriousness, I made the sprites for him after his most recent release. They're only in your folder because they were in my MonstergirlQuest folder when I posted the bug-fixed version. They should be in the next release, to the best of my knowledge. I mean, that's why he asked us to help him make the sprites in the first place =p

ps - holy hell the animations take forever and a day to do. I do not recommend even bothering with custom animations unless you seriously have nothing better to do with your time (as I do). The first one I did (a bunny) took me about 8 hours of work, not to mention about 3 hours of just staring at it trying to make it look right. I'm cheating by using existing sprites in the RMXP program as the start and end states, but it's still a lot of work, especially since I can't custom-make the ending this way and have to conform it to a specific color scheme and position. Fortunately for you all, I've abandoned the catgirl/bunnygirl style and am just going human->animal.

pps - I'm only posting about this here because I don't want to start a whole new thread just to talk about a game I'm working on since the likelihood of it coming out any time soon is low. So far I've written the base story and two TFs. Only animated one.

Sorry to ninja =p
No worries. You have a shitload of karma and brownie points and AP/MP from me for those sprites (which are not included in my last version, haha I will need to start doing changes on your release ).

Animations... you mean battle anims? Or just animations. Yeah, they are a buttfuck. I initially wanted to have a normal battle system and animations. Bad idea. One animation took me about 6 hours. The timing is so weird. You need to repeat a frame 30 times for it not to be too fast.

Unread 07-27-2009   #360
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

It's just an animation. I'm choosing to do it battle-less like your game.

It took me about 2 hours just to figure out how to animate it properly too. I was initially trying to rely on specific timing but found out that I can manually go through each frame of animation instead. So it's like, Change Graphic: blahblah Wait 4 frames Change Graphic: blahblah2 Wait 4 frames. It looks horrible in code, but it works!

The program was clearly not designed with ease of use in mind. Hell I still can't even work out how to use battle animations on the field without it looking horribly wrong and have since abandoned even trying.

But hey, feel free to ask for code help or something. I've gotten the hang of using the program, even though XP is vastly different from 2003.