free hit counters
Super Suzy vs. Mad Marilyn (SW Comic) - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-01-2012   #13
Nom Anor
The King of Swing

Re: Super Suzy vs. Mad Marilyn (SW Comic)

Oh no.

On one hand, I've tried to stop buying online comics to save money for the immediate future.

On the other hand, the image of Suzy and Marilyn both in super-hero outfits and both shrinking out of them...

Damm you for forcing me to choose, DT.
Nom Anor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012   #14
Dreamtales
Frequent Poster

Thanks so much for the comments. Steve's art really is amazing, he really got the genre and made some of the best shrinking sequences I've ever seen. The comic took almost three years to compete but was definitely worth the wait.

BTW this was another comic script that benefited greatly from Merritstone's input. He suggested the baggy doll clothes and Marilyn ripping out of her costume. (I should have a checklist for comics: Baggy clothes? Check. Bursting out of clothes? Check.)
Dreamtales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012   #15
DangerousDave
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamtales View Post
(I should have a checklist for comics: Baggy clothes? Check. Bursting out of clothes? Check.)
The ultimate combo: bursting out of clothes which were baggy just moments before

Check out my free 3D stories:
Just a little bit and Money and Power, sexy love stories between shrinking men and growing women.

They have lots of size changing fun...

Also, check out my newer stories for sale here.
Enjoy!
DangerousDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012   #16
bradbarry2
Process Fan

Bought this one instantly as soon as I saw it. Love it. Really would like to see some more like this. While SW is rather far down on my list of TFs, this was very well done and a good story. I was thrown a little off by the inconsitant clothes at times, like tf-viewer, and I would have liked a bigger, better view of her growing out of her suit when marilyn gained her superpowers. But over all this is the best or second best one you have done.
bradbarry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012   #17
Captain Ash
Adventurer

At first, I’m wondering myself how Dreamtales manages it to get such great artists for his projects?
Then again, seeing the cover and the preview, it is obvious that it is the artist of Elfquest.
Although I’ve never read these comics, I’ve seen this style on the Elfquest covers, having this weird face expression when the characters are smiling or grinning.
Especially for Marilyn on the cover this style doesn’t fit to her.
Also seeing that the topic is a superhero vs supervillain comic, I was not sure how good this will turn out?

But since it’s a long time since I’ve bought a SW comic, I gave it a try.
Then the first few pages: Super-Suzy is a Supergirl with all the powers like Superman.
Unlike the review pictures expects, the quality of the details and strong colors are extremely exciting.
Even the character-design of Marilyn is very sexy and far better than the cover reveals.
She looks as attractive as always and has luckily not this weird face expression like misleading shown in the cover.
So far my fears that this comic might me an epic fail have not been justified.

But good drawings are just secondary. What about the story?
Marilyn is a scientist without any superpowers.
Despite most other villains, Marilyn has a motive to do what she does to solve one of the biggest issues of mankind (no, I’m not telling what it is) but has been rejected because this would mean the lost of profit to some greedy companies.
Suzy on the other hand acts thick-witted, does not recognize the her intention and tries to stop Marilyn, sticking to her rigid good/evil code like a superficial person would do.
Of course Suzy hasn’t forgotten to lecture her foes with some trite superhero phrases.
Marilyn manages to take Super-Suzy’s powers, making her not-so-super all of a sudden.
It is nice to see in this contrast that Marilyn is braver when it comes to fight against a stronger opponent.
And yes, Frank also has a cameo.

Now to the most important part: the process.
The process is very detailed. Picture for picture the female characters are shrinking into her clothes, revealing more of her body until having her finally running around nude in her whole beauty.
Like most artists would concentrate only on some part of a female body, Steve Blevins considered every part to make it very detailed.
I love the work he puts into her feet.
Interaction, perspectives and face expressions, everything is perfect and inherently consistent, fitting to the story and the situation.
There is nothing to be complained about (except for one detail, who can find this on page 23?)
Praising the artwork now that much, I wonder if the artist does also like shrinking women?

Summary:
Unlike expected, this refreshing superhero story turned out to be really outstanding.
The process is awesome and these nude shrunken women are the best I’ve seen for a long time.
It is good to see that Dreamtales put more details into his characters, giving them more life and personality.
And with Steve Blevins he surely hit the jackpot.
Although this comic is long and detailed (in most cases I’m having the feeling the stories are too short) plus having a felicitous ending, I had the wish to see more.
Do not get irritated by these preview pictures, they show not slightly the potential this comic has and is it every cent worth.
If you are a fan of shrinking woman or seeing a tiny woman struggling into the palm of the hand of a giantess, you will have your fun with it.

Captain Ash

Last edited by Captain Ash; 07-07-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote