free hit counters
Pro artist looking for Comm. But with questions. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-28-2013   #1
shinchan1
Frequent Poster

Pro artist looking for Comm. But with questions.

Hey everyone,
Normally i'm just a poster but i'm needing to come up with some extra dough so i'm looking into taking commissions for TF stuff for the first time and most likely a limited time.
The Issue....
I'm a professional in the animation field and I NEED to keep my actual name out of this stuff. I like working in my field and certain mouse eared and splat logo-ed studios frown upon this kind of thing. So I would love some tips from other artists on how to go about doing this animosity. I've never been in this situation before so its pretty foreign to me.

I can draw characters on model provided you give me a model packet to work from and I will only draw pre-existing characters so I can mask my personal style.

Thanks for the help everyone!
shinchan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013   #2
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Re: Pro artist looking for Comm. But with questions.

I am sure that you are going to have some commisions here. I am almost sure that you know deviantart, but if not, I recommend you to get an account there, not just because you will get the chance of getting more commisions, but also because it is a wonderful place to get some inspiration .
Anyway, good luck with your works!!
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013   #3
Wat
Super Duper Leecher

DA, more likely FA if you want to do TF commissions - professional or not you're going to need exposure+examples to get people who want to pay a decent amount for your commissions. Personal experience here, regular FA commissioners are the most numerous and pay more than the other sites I've gotten commissions on.

You'll need a service to get money over - paypal, bitcoin, amazon giftcards (if you don't need cash)- there's other services as well. All require a valid email, paypal will require verification to remove restrictions (real name, etc). I haven't used bitcoin but once, seems to require a bank account, but the actual transfers are anonymous?

For maximum anonymity using paypal, a dummy paypal that you transfer to a real paypal might be your best bet, but you're limited on amount of money you can transfer a day and you'll eat a double fee with each commission.

Feel free to pm if you've got any specific questions.
Wat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013   #4
shinchan1
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wat View Post
DA, more likely FA if you want to do TF commissions - professional or not you're going to need exposure+examples to get people who want to pay a decent amount for your commissions. Personal experience here, regular FA commissioners are the most numerous and pay more than the other sites I've gotten commissions on.

You'll need a service to get money over - paypal, bitcoin, amazon giftcards (if you don't need cash)- there's other services as well. All require a valid email, paypal will require verification to remove restrictions (real name, etc). I haven't used bitcoin but once, seems to require a bank account, but the actual transfers are anonymous?

For maximum anonymity using paypal, a dummy paypal that you transfer to a real paypal might be your best bet, but you're limited on amount of money you can transfer a day and you'll eat a double fee with each commission.

Feel free to pm if you've got any specific questions.
awesome! I have a deviant art that I can post images up on. My main concern was just keeping myself anonymous. Last thing I want is for it to leak that I did fetish work and risk my career. I worked hard to get it, lol
Unread 10-29-2013   #5
lonewarrior
otaku at large

well aside from wanting to be anonymous what do you think your price range will be?
Unread 10-29-2013   #6
shinchan1
Frequent Poster

25 for a rough pencil drawing, 50 for a refined and cleaned up one and 75-100 for a colored piece depending upon the complexity. These might change though as I get a feel for the community. I'm basing these on standard pay rates in my field for a beginner.
Unread 10-29-2013   #7
Matador
Frequent Poster

It's not as hard as you think to stay anonymous. If you stick to common sense and reasonable precautions you should be just fine. The other folks here have already given you great advice.
Send me a message here if you want, I might be interested in working with you, once I see some of your stuff.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013   #8
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Honestly...I'd say you're limiting yourself significantly if you just want to work with "established characters" in order to maintain anonymity. I normally go for original/random characters in the vast majority of my pieces.

There are a lot of other artists working for different companies right now who still do these projects - it's actually a fairly good opportunity to experiment with other styles and formats than you use in your day to day work.

That said, I'd still need to see a few sample pics before I'd commit to anything. Do you actually have a DA gallery yet?

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013   #9
shinchan1
Frequent Poster

Ya, I'll draw up some stuff to give you guys an example of what I can do. I might stray from the established character idea once I get more comfortable with this. It's a very hard industry to get into and I don't want to risk losing anything, but Visual Development is a job thats pretty hard to get bids on sometimes and this so happens to be a hard time.
I'll post some work up though, for sure!
Unread 10-30-2013   #10
Eviscerator
FLAME Magnet!

Well, whatever you decide to do, I am very interested in seeing what you have to offer.
Species: Homo Sapiens Sapiens
Alignment: Neutral
Listening To: Judas Priest - Burn in Hell
Eviscerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013   #11
Kanttori
Boob painter

I would say don't worry so much. I'm an professional animator too (games), and I haven't ever had any problems. And I've done some pretty weird commissions in my time. Just come up with an alias and start drawing boobs man
Of course if you are Glen Keane or something, people might recognise your style, but most likely they will just think you are a fan of his.
Unread 10-31-2013   #12
shinchan1
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanttori View Post
I would say don't worry so much. I'm an professional animator too (games), and I haven't ever had any problems. And I've done some pretty weird commissions in my time. Just come up with an alias and start drawing boobs man
Of course if you are Glen Keane or something, people might recognise your style, but most likely they will just think you are a fan of his.
well i'm not Glen Keane, but I did apply to his new studio to see if I can land some gigs. My work is pretty noticeable, so i'll see what I can do. Thanks man!