free hit counters
More general 'increased beauty' - Page 106 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-03-2014   #1261
Dex164
Frequent Poster

Re: More general 'increased beauty'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPratt View Post
The answer is no. You shouldn't post, but I have to say this is kinda funny.
No, you should post to show people exactly what their $10 bucks is going to be spent on.

Go out and support an artist who's willing to show a full example of one of their works before they ask you to pay; not these communities that show you 3 images with all the process with promises of more, and instead you pay to see the story images.

*EDIT* Plus, anyone who wanted to could have found this with the simplest of Googling. It is the 7th search result on the front page for me.

Last edited by Dex164; 08-03-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: conversation
Dex164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014   #1262
BillPratt
789th level Draco-Ninja

The Apogee model works, but it works by not showing exactly what you're going to get. The goal is to show enough to get a sale and no more. Spoiling the moneyshot removes the incentive to make the final purchase. You do not see "No Luke. I am your father." in the ad. The movies trailer does not contain Bruce Willis's death certificate or Jaye Davidson's wang.

For a four or five part arc, releasing the first part is probably a good sample and you factor the production expenses into the price of the remainder. For a short work your options are limited. Either you have to work off the previously built reputation of the creative team, you release it into the wild as a loss leader to attract future sales, or you release a page or two of the lead up.

The reason you can find this stuff so easily is the Bestoryclub is not executing takedowns and don't seem particularly interested in doing so. Regardless, something being easy does not make it the right thing to do. Not buy and convince others not to buy are both good options. Playing the smart cow game just waters down the moral high ground.
BillPratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014   #1263
Yarrcanite
Process Fan

Well, the 4th part of Remote out of Control came out years ago, 2008 from the looks of it... While still paid material, the project's probably dropped by now... So it's somewhat of a gray area in general I suppose, paying for old stuff that the artist no longer probably cares for...

http://bestoryclub.com/comic/Remote-out-of-Control has all 4 parts of it for those interested.
Yarrcanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014   #1264
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

You knew I was going to have to delete that post, right? Also, consider this a warning, Gumby. If it shows up on a paid content site, no post. Whatever their business model is, that's what it is. We can't post paid content, end of story.
Unread 08-04-2014   #1265
BillPratt
789th level Draco-Ninja

I can assure you that there is emotional attachment on the part of at least one of the creators, but there is no financial. BESC is purely work for hire. There are no royalties or residuals.
Unread 08-04-2014   #1266
Gumbyx84
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
You knew I was going to have to delete that post, right? Also, consider this a warning, Gumby. If it shows up on a paid content site, no post. Whatever their business model is, that's what it is. We can't post paid content, end of story.
I understand the warning. With all the talk that it came from different sites and me not understanding if it was still purchasable through legitimate means I made the ass-u-me-sumption that it was ok. Sorry
Gumbyx84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014   #1267
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

No big deal but if it looks too good to be true.... Well, like I say, just a warning. No harm, no foul.
Unread 08-05-2014   #1268
bstgate
Frequent Poster

Now, I don't know what paid content you all are talking about since the post has been deleted. But since I'm curious for any IB content, I wonder what it was and possibly where it can be purchased?
bstgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014   #1269
Avenger2099
Frequent Poster

It's the link that's a bit further up on the page to the BEStory Club's "Remote Out of Control"
Unread 08-05-2014   #1270
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarrcanite View Post
Well, the 4th part of Remote out of Control came out years ago, 2008 from the looks of it... While still paid material, the project's probably dropped by now... So it's somewhat of a gray area in general I suppose, paying for old stuff that the artist no longer probably cares for...

http://bestoryclub.com/comic/Remote-out-of-Control has all 4 parts of it for those interested.
Boom. Thanks, Yarrcanite.
Unread 08-05-2014   #1271
BillPratt
789th level Draco-Ninja

And the guy who wrote it asking you not to should be a bit of a hint, too.
Unread 08-06-2014   #1272
bstgate
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger2099 View Post
It's the link that's a bit further up on the page to the BEStory Club's "Remote Out of Control"
What's wrong with linking to the BEStory Club, isn't that a legit place to purchase it? On the other end, Dex164's link to e-hentai where you can download part 2 for free does not seem to have been deleted by the moderator.

Forgive me if I'm being daft here...
bstgate is offline   Reply With Quote