free hit counters
Story: Transco's Grand Experiment (many TFs) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-24-2013   #1
joeberan
Process Fan

Story: Transco's Grand Experiment (many TFs)

An idea I had for a setting for short TF stories. We'll see if I have time to actually write any.

-----

The auditorium was full to brimming. People murmured to each other in the small groups they had formed during the `basic' training. The room was full of that droll and empty sound of hundreds of voices fading into static. Somehow you could carry on a conversation with the person sitting next to you, but try and focus on the cacophony and you couldn't pick out a single word.

The lights faded out on the audience and the stage lit up. It was empty but for the rippled blue curtain in the back. The sound of the crowd faded to nothing and all that was heard was the clicking of heels as Katerina walked on to the stage. She was dressed in a white lab coat that was cut to her figure nicely. Underneath it you could see a bright pink blouse and a gold chain hanging from her neck vanishing into her cleavage.

``Hello!'' She said excitedly, ``Congratulations on making it in to this study! I hope the training wasn't too tough, but we needed to evaluate each of you physically and psychologically to see if you would be fit to participate.'' Katerina paused and looked out across the room, ``That you are hearing this talk means you've all made it in. Start thinking now about how you want to spend your $100,000.''

The audience murmured, most of them had all ready figured this out. They each had their dreams of houses or boats or cars or vacations and a thousand other things to spend that money on. It was like winning the lottery.

``But that will come later. As you all know this experiment will last one year, during which time you will all be completely isolated, limited to this compound, forbidden contact with the outside world. We have everything you could possibly need here. You will be provided for and allowed to live a lifestyle comfortable to any first world citizen. You're room assignments will be handed out at the end of the talk. If you have any questions or comments you'd like to make the help desk outside will be glad to hear them.'' Katerina took a deep breath, it was time to tell them all what they had signed up for.

``TransCo is a company some of you may have heard of. Our innovative medicines have been on the market for a few years now and have saved many tens of thousands of lives. What you don't know is how our products work, or the extent to which they will truly revolutionize the world we live in.'' Katerina paused again, time for the big reveal. She stepped to the side of the stage and the curtain behind her lifted up.

A man in a speedo was sitting in a chair. He had short black hair with just a bit of curl. He was muscled and tan like someone who worked out at a beach gym. He smiled and waved to the audience.

``This is Jim.'' Katerina said, ``And in a minute he is going to demonstrate some of the truly unbelievable things Transco products can do. How are you doing Jim?''

``Just fine Katerina.'' Jim replied in a low voice, smiling all the time.

``We all are stuck.'' Katerina said, turning back to address the audience, ``We are all who we were born, and we are proud of it. But this is limiting. You can only ever be yourself. You can never really understand what it is like to be anyone else, and so you are isolated.''

Katerina paced across the stage as she continued, ``But why stop there? What if you could be anything else? More than just getting a new job and making new friends, but to truly experience something outside of your own existence? Wouldn't this let you be more open minded? Wouldn't you have more empathy towards others and the world around you? Wouldn't that be a good thing?''

Katerina stopped and surveyed the audience. ``Transco thinks it would.'' She said and let that sentence sink in.

``Jim, are you ready?'' Katerina said.

``I'm nervous, I've got butterflies in my stomach, but yes. I am ready.'' Jim replied, he was bouncing around a bit, his hands twitching in his lap. He looked up and then back at the audience and smiled crookedly.

``Hit it!'' Katerina shouted and stamped her foot.

There was a click and suddenly a deluge of blue liquid dropped onto Jim. It coated him head to toe then rapidly drained away into a cleverly disguised grate below Jim's chair. Some of the audience jumped at the sudden movement, others laughed. Jim blinked and smiled and gave them a thumbs up.

Then Jim started to change. Rapidly. He was getting a little smaller and his skeletal structure was shifting. The audience stopped laughing and stared in awe at what they were seeing.

A spot light hit Katerina again and she started talking, ``This is no trick. Jim had just been dosed with a Potion #9 from Transco, though in a far more dramatic way than was necessary. How do you feel Jim?''

``Good.'' Jim said, his voice higher in pitch. There was no doubt about what was happening. His slight bit of five o'clock shadow was gone, as was the hair on his chest. His once broad shoulders were narrowing and he had a small pair of breasts on his chest that kept getting larger with each rise and fall of his breath. Jim shivered, drawing attention to his widening hips, ``It tingles a bit, it feels nice.'' Jim said in a smooth feminine voice and giggled.

An assistant walked on stage rolling out a body length mirror and a towel. Jim took the towel and stared into the mirror. His jaw dropped and he started to dry himself off. He was grinning ferociously as he padded his new curves gently with the soft cloth.

``Meet Jane.'' Katerina said, ``How are you feeling Jane?''

``Fantastic!'' Jane said and shook her chest. She stared enraptured at her breasts as they giggled. Some of the audience managed to laugh.

``And just to be clear, Jane you are 100 percent female now, correct?'' Katerina asked and smiled at the audience.

Jane patted her crotch with the towel then pulled down the ill fitting speedo to reveal a tuft of black hair and a very female crotch, ``Oh my god! Wow!'' Jane said bending over to bring her face as close as possible to her new crotch. More of the audience managed to laugh this time.

``Jane is now indistinguishable from someone who had been born a woman. From her 34-28-36 measurements down to her DNA, no one would be able to mistake her for the man she once was.'' Katerina paused, now was the time to make the audience think they'd seen the punch line by dialing it down a little. ``Jane's hair and skin hasn't changed, as some of you may have noticed. You might think he looks like his sister or some other relative. That's sort of true, and was intentional for this demonstration. Jane are you happy with your hair?''

Jane reached up and grabbed the short hair on her head. ``No!'' She said enthusiastically.

``What kind of hair would you like?''

``Wavy red hair, shoulder length.'' Jane said a little too immediately. It made it obvious he'd been prepped for the question before hand.

Katerina smiled. Another assistant walked on stage and handed Jane what looked like a perfume bottle. Jane spritzed herself a few times and turned to watch in the mirror. The audience murmured quietly as her hair lengthened and changed color. Even her eyebrows and pubic hair changed.

``Tan skin on a red head looks weird, don't you think Jane?'' Katerina asked

``Yes, can you fix that?'' Jane said posing in the mirror.

``Of course. Anything else you'd want to change?'' Katerina asked and smiled.

Jane looked in the mirror and pouted. She grabbed her breasts and lifted them. They were probably B cups. ``Bigger boobs. I used to be a guy after all.'' Most of the audience managed to laugh at that.

Another assistant came on the stage and spritzed Jane with two little bottled. Jane watched in the mirror as he skin lightened to become a delicate pale white. She licked her lips as her breasts grew bigger and bigger, stopping at a D cup. Another assistant came on the stage carrying a white bra and panty set. Jane smiled and grabbed her breasts in the mirror, then took the bra. As she struggled to put it on (causing more laughter in the audience) Katerina continued talking.

``The impacts of this technology are obvious. It's more than just cosmetic changes. It's life changes.''

There was a pause while Jane finished putting on the bra and slid on her panties. She blew herself a kiss in the mirror and then walked next to Jane. She was shorter than Jane, 5'4''. As a man she looked like Jim had been almost 6 feet.

``Do you still feel like Jim?'' Katerina asked.

``No!'' Jane said and blew a kiss to the audience.

``There you have it. A chance to be someone else.'' Katerina paused, time for the big finish.

``The obvious question to ask is what are the limits of what we can do? Well rather than tell you, I'll show you.''

The three assistants walked on to the stage. One was leading a horse, one was carrying a bird cage, and one was cradling a baby.

``You've all ready met Stan, Barry, and Susan.'' Katerina said and each assistant waved. ``Now meet Samuel, Jessica, and Tony.'' The horse stamped its foot, something moved around on the bottom of the bird cage, and the baby cooed loudly.

``It's time to show how reversible our process is. Jane are you ready to change back?'' Katerina asked.

Jane looked across the audience and sighed. She looked down at her breasts and pouted. ``Do I have to?''

The audience chuckled, so did Katerina, ``No you don't. Let's let these three demonstrate instead.''

Stan, Barry, and Susan each pulled a little bottle from their pockets and spritzed their partners.

The audience gasped. The horse rapidly dwindled down to the form of a skinny naked white guy with a bridle leading to Stan. From inside the bird cage a tiny nude woman seemed to appear and rapidly grow larger and larger until she burst the cage and grew to full size in Barry's arms. The baby was put on the ground and rapidly grew to a toddler, then a child, then a teenager, then a young adult, and finally a naked man who looked to be in his thirties was standing next to Susan.

``Ladies and gentlemen, Transco believes anyone can be anything. We believe our technology will make the world better. More empathic and more free. We just need you to help us. Before we go public we need to know what we are getting in to. You will all will help us test and study our products. I'm sure you have a thousand questions. I know I would. I ask you to hold on to them. Tonight, get settled in to your new rooms. Explore the grounds. Get comfortable and get to know each other. Testing won't begin until tomorrow. Thank you for your attention and I look forward to seeing what you all become.'' Katerina finished and everyone on stage bowed.

The crowd cheered like they had just seen their favorite band's farewell concert.

--

The audience had emptied out and the crew were all congratulating each other. Most of the performance had been scripted, but it hadn't been rehearsed. Jane, for example, had never been turned into a woman before. She laughed at a joke Barry told her about his time with tiny Jessica, his wife. Jane's breasts bounced as she laughed, something she had not yet gotten used to, and she sipped on her champagne.

Katerina tapped on the side of her glass with a fork and got everyone's attention.

``Once again, great job everyone. I think we've got a great crowd and we are going to learn an awful lot.''

``Is it a secret that this is really a psychological study?'' Susan asked. She held a doctorate in it after all. ``You made it sound like we'd be testing new products on them. I thought all the product testing was finished.''

``It's more than just that. Study and observe. Test and hypothesize. That's our job. We just have a lot of knobs to turn.'' Katerina replied.

``Do they when you said `testing begins tomorrow' you meant that some dishes will be dosed to start the ball rolling?'' Stan asked. All of them worked for Transco, but only Katerina knew anything about the plans for the experiment.

``Let's just say that for some people it's started even earlier.'' Katerina smirked and poured her champagne on the ground. No one noticed she hadn't had a drop of it.

Everyone's eyes went wide and then they started to laugh. Wasn't the first time they'd been surprised with a transformation. Wouldn't be the last.
joeberan is offline   Reply With Quote