free hit counters
Awil remake female lead rumor - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-27-2017   #1
Mr.sandman
Process Fan

Awil remake female lead rumor

So I did some digging and found an imbd page for the remake about a girl named Alex and her bf getting attacked an she becomes the wolf. Personally I just want a good female change this could be it. Nut we all know too well about crushing disappointment. Hahah thoughts?
Mr.sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2017   #2
matteso586
Frequent Poster

Re: Awil remake female lead rumor

The Ghostbusters remake had female leads. That didn't work out.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017   #3
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
The Ghostbusters remake had female leads. That didn't work out.
That's a bit unfair of a comparison. Werewolf movies are pretty solitary affairs, so you only *really* need one good performance from the lead. Whereas ghostbusters lives or dies on its group dynamics, so not only do you need *four* good performances, they have to gel with each other simultaneously.
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017   #4
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoylentOrange View Post
That's a bit unfair of a comparison. Werewolf movies are pretty solitary affairs, so you only *really* need one good performance from the lead. Whereas ghostbusters lives or dies on its group dynamics, so not only do you need *four* good performances, they have to gel with each other simultaneously.
GB'16 was also an awful, awful movie. That had nothing to do whatsoever with the genders of its protagonists, but I can definitely understand why some morons in Hollywood would see it that way.

It's depressing, because people are liable to use GB'16 as another excuse for why there should never be a female Doctor Who.
Dr. Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2017   #5
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.sandman View Post
So I did some digging and found an imbd page for the remake about a girl named Alex and her bf getting attacked an she becomes the wolf. Personally I just want a good female change this could be it. Nut we all know too well about crushing disappointment. Hahah thoughts?
Once again, you're late to the party, dude. The remake has already been discussed in detail here. Please use the search tools on this forum. In fact, I just read an article today with an interview with David Naughton, the original AWIL, and he said he's begging Max to have a cameo in the remake, even as a guy who gets killed. In case you don't know, Max Landis, the son of John Landis (the original's writer-director), is writing and directing the remake, and yes, it appears that it's going to star a female werewolf this time. Here is the article:

http://theslaughteredbird.com/interview-david-naughton/
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017   #6
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

I feel like even the people who liked Ghostbusters 2016 have forgotten about it by now. Nerds need to let that one go.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017   #7
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
I feel like even the people who liked Ghostbusters 2016 have forgotten about it by now. Nerds need to let that one go.
I really liked the Ghostbusters remake. And I also like the two older films, for me they are different things, and enjoy them all.
What I believe it happened is that the older films were AAA movies in the days when such movies had less competence, there were less previous references and consequently they became even cultural icons that fulfilled spaces that were empty. But the remake was a AA movie that had to fight against larger products, against the fact that they weren't offering anything "original" (ironic, eh?), and the shameful memory of the whinning fans from the older movies, thinking that every past time was better.
If this AAWIL happens, I am going to watch it. Even in the case of a male lead I will watch it. Or even (God, forgive me) if they make it CGI, as long as it would be a good film by its own merits .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017   #8
Galyo
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Or even (God, forgive me) if they make it CGI, as long as it would be a good film by its own merits .
You mean like An American Werewolf in Paris?
Unread 05-01-2017   #9
CNash
What would you rather be?

Ghostbusters '16 was the definition of a "love it or hate it" movie (I for one enjoyed it), but there are far too many ulterior motives flying around to properly gauge critical reception, so it'll just go down as a mistake. No doubt it hurt Paul Feig's reputation, flying high after Bridesmaids...

CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017   #10
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNash View Post
Ghostbusters '16 was the definition of a "love it or hate it" movie.
Well, then count me as at least one counterexample to your theory. I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. I thought it was "meh."
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017   #11
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Well, then count me as at least one counterexample to your theory. I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. I thought it was "meh."
Even "meh" is unforgivable by Ghostbusters standards. if you're going to remake a film revered THAT much by THAT many fans, you'd better know what you're doing. Feig didn't.
Dr. Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017   #12
Wolf/Puma
Leecher

I agree the gender of the cast has nothing to with GB16. The Story was just bad and sometimes hard to follow. Also the Cast just didn't really draw you in. The only Stand out was Abby. Just bad story. Gender doesn't matter. I've always play with the idea what if a woman were in a man role from a TV show or Movie and the other way around!
Wolf/Puma is offline   Reply With Quote