free hit counters
MySpace PSA Weight gain/Inflation - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-16-2009   #1
Zepylin
Lurker

MySpace PSA Weight gain/Inflation

Here's just a video that was linked somewhere that involves a slight amount of weight gain. I'm not much of a WG fan myself, but the sudden expansion involved is certainly close enough to inflation for me.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=52039211

It seems to involve a girl posting on some MySpace-esque site, only for her to received several insults about her appearance (and her photos to be manipulated and mocked) that begin to manifest in real life. You can probably guess what particular insult gets levelled at her...
Zepylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009   #2
dev111
Leecher

Re: MySpace PSA Weight gain/Inflation

bit young
dev111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009   #3
knoxfan1316
Frequent Poster

whoa... good find
knoxfan1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009   #4
Nemesis
Process Fan

Another dude posted this in the "Everything Else" section 12 hours ago
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009   #5
dragon6860
Writer of Inflation

Interesting, but, this may be me being cynical, I think it's propaganda for haveing a watched and gated internet. "It's for the ch1ldr3n!" And then they filter all content and whatnot.
Unread 02-17-2009   #6
Kyrex
The Thread Ender

It's not a bad bit of process, but I think the overall message of the video is pretty retarded and muddled.

By saying hello to people on the internet everyone will find you and ruin your life?
Kyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009   #7
timberwolf69
awhitetimberwolf

sticks and stones will break my bones... however verbal abuse will cause people to spend thousands on ad campaigns. :d
Unread 02-17-2009   #8
Kenster102.5
Lurker

Such a horrible and unrealistic ad for such a campaign. They are making teenagers and pre-teens seem like they are 11 years old.

Your life is like a taxi, even if you aren't going anywhere, the meter is always running.
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009   #9
Murasashi
Zero M.

And what's up with the synthesizer?
That just reminded me of that monster.com commercial in the music recording studio for a historical/action movie and some dude with three electric keyboards starts playing his cheesy song
Murasashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009   #10
Korota
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster102.5 View Post
Such a horrible and unrealistic ad for such a campaign. They are making teenagers and pre-teens seem like they are 11 years old.
Um. Well, since you have to be under 13 to really be 'pre-teen', I guess the 12 year olds have a reason to be upset about being treated like they're /one year/ younger than they really are. But... not much of one.

But yes, this ad campaign is mostly fueled by ignorance. Except that the internet actually IS full of douchebags who will treat other people like shit for no reason, and I can see how those worthless shitstains of society could get to someone who isn't fully emotionally mature.

But the point of this thread isn't to whine about stupid people being stupid. It's about the fact that there's a surprisingly well-done weight gain effect in it.
Korota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009   #11
Lord T Hawkeye
It's play time!

Quote:
Um. Well, since you have to be under 13 to really be 'pre-teen', I guess the 12 year olds have a reason to be upset about being treated like they're /one year/ younger than they really are. But... not much of one.

But yes, this ad campaign is mostly fueled by ignorance. Except that the internet actually IS full of douchebags who will treat other people like shit for no reason, and I can see how those worthless shitstains of society could get to someone who isn't fully emotionally mature.

But the point of this thread isn't to whine about stupid people being stupid. It's about the fact that there's a surprisingly well-done weight gain effect in it.
Actually, there are many people with a VERY vested interest in removing trolls from the internet.

As popular as facebook is, it still has a huge audience that it hasn't reached. Many people are curious to try it out but don't want to have to deal with the assholes.

What's the number 1 reason why people quit online games? It's not content, or technical issues. It's again, having to deal with the assholes.

So yeah, there's another reason why they do these campaigns. Net trolls are costing big business' money and they don't like that.

There's a reason why the wild west didn't stay wild. The gun slingers liked it but the people with all the money wanted law and order.

Hey Dollyteers! Dolly's got herself a comic now! Go check it out!
Lord T Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009   #12
Kyrex
The Thread Ender

I agree with Korota that the weight gain effect is done surprisingly well. Actually done much better than most I've ever seen. Too bad it's only 5 second clip.

As for what Hawkeye is getting at, I understand the sentiment of the video's creator and that the internet could be a wonderful place, but the metaphor they used to show how bad trolls can be doesn't make sense at all.
Kyrex is offline   Reply With Quote