free hit counters
Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!) - Page 6 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #61
foebits
planetsauce
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 106
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

It's a damn shame really. The promise this had was immense...
foebits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #62
Reactant
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 145
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me301 View Post
Cuddle has been awol for a month. oh and just do you guys know, there was a bunch of BE content written for the game by yours truly which, as of these demo builds, Cuddle has cut from the game. since he isn't replying to anyone who messages him, there's no way to know why. I know at one point he was concerned about the Steam policy when it came to the BE but steam is cool about mature content now so idk what his reason is now. He still paid me at least, but I really wanted my work in the game...
That sucks dude hopefully he comes around, seems like he is taking a lot of heat and it might be getting to him, especially as he did say that with the funding it received he had to relegate it to side project status. Either way, I'm glad you got paid at least.
Reactant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #63
Me301
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactant View Post
That sucks dude hopefully he comes around, seems like he is taking a lot of heat and it might be getting to him, especially as he did say that with the funding it received he had to relegate it to side project status. Either way, I'm glad you got paid at least.
Oh wait, when did he say that? i missed that. the game got PLENTY of funding. but cuddle blew several thousand on it flying to America and back for a con to promote the game when almost no progress had been made on it, as well as spending some to replace his personal laptop. Also, we lost 15k in taxes according to the bank statements he showed us, but i have a feeling that could have been avoided if cuddle hadn't drug his feet so much about getting work done... sorry... I'm just a tad bitter. had so many hopes for this game. I dedicated 2 years of my life to it. then to be treated like trash by cuddle and see him pretty much throw the potential of the game in the dumpster just destroys me.
Me301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #64
Gagecoalbrace
Slave Trainer
 
Gagecoalbrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oildale
Posts: 506
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

I hope this doesn't turn out like his other project that took years (for a simple flash game) by himself. I backed this at the start and have yet to ask for a refund mostly in hope that everything works out but that hope is nearly 0 now as is my hope for a timely refund. if the project goes belly up. at least you got paid.
__________________
will think of something next time
Gagecoalbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #65
Blake Isaac Gordon
Frequent Poster
 
Blake Isaac Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 210
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me301 View Post
Oh wait, when did he say that? i missed that. the game got PLENTY of funding. but cuddle blew several thousand on it flying to America and back for a con to promote the game when almost no progress had been made on it, as well as spending some to replace his personal laptop. Also, we lost 15k in taxes according to the bank statements he showed us, but i have a feeling that could have been avoided if cuddle hadn't drug his feet so much about getting work done... sorry... I'm just a tad bitter. had so many hopes for this game. I dedicated 2 years of my life to it. then to be treated like trash by cuddle and see him pretty much throw the potential of the game in the dumpster just destroys me.
15,000 EUROs in taxes??? (This just sunk in for me)... Doing a little research the HMRC (The U.K. equivalent of the IRS) states Fund Raised projects revenue is considered as donations and are taxed at 20%.

Doing math then that would mean...

The game was funded at close to: 75,000? that's almost 90,000$ which is more than enough to cover an experienced game coder's salary (for one year).

Either way after thinking about this something clearly does not add up. I am not saying the above statement is FALSE, far from it, but that is truly messed up of Cuddle just pocketed close to 75K for delivering nothing.

Is he even active on any forums. I'd love to get his opinion on this fact.
__________________
If you don't have money? TOUGH SHIT! If you don't have the cash, that's your problem.
-ClickMe

https://blakegordon.deviantart.com/a...TWBE-684396622
Blake Isaac Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #66
DFYoung
Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 19
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon View Post
15,000 EUROs in taxes??? (This just sunk in for me)... Doing a little research the HMRC (The U.K. equivalent of the IRS) states Fund Raised projects revenue is considered as donations and are taxed at 20%.

Doing math then that would mean...

The game was funded at close to: 75,000? that's almost 90,000$ which is more than enough to cover an experienced game coder's salary (for one year).

Either way after thinking about this something clearly does not add up. I am not saying the above statement is FALSE, far from it, but that is truly messed up of Cuddle just pocketed close to 75K for delivering nothing.

Is he even active on any forums. I'd love to get his opinion on this fact.
Cuddle isn't active, period.
DFYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #67
Blake Isaac Gordon
Frequent Poster
 
Blake Isaac Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 210
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFYoung View Post
Cuddle isn't active, period.
Mmmhm,

I guess he's a-chill-in on a pile of Euros... Who knows maybe he made himself a fort or something.


Does anyone have a link to the Kick Starter or is that gone as well?
__________________
If you don't have money? TOUGH SHIT! If you don't have the cash, that's your problem.
-ClickMe

https://blakegordon.deviantart.com/a...TWBE-684396622
Blake Isaac Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #68
Me301
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon View Post
Mmmhm,

I guess he's a-chill-in on a pile of Euros... Who knows maybe he made himself a fort or something.


Does anyone have a link to the Kick Starter or is that gone as well?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st/description

maybe I'm miss-remembering but i think that was what it looked like from the bank statement he showed us. I'm sure if I dug around, I could find it.
Me301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #69
Blake Isaac Gordon
Frequent Poster
 
Blake Isaac Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 210
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me301 View Post
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st/description

maybe I'm miss-remembering but i think that was what it looked like from the bank statement he showed us. I'm sure if I dug around, I could find it.
First thank you for the link, second d-damn!


1,805 backers pledged 62,701 to help bring this project to life.

This story is getting super super interesting, even more so than the defaulted 3-D printer scandal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36271249

The messed up thing is I believe that the project imploded and no one (especially the guy who took the money) suffered any consequences.

I really doubt that Cuddle ran off with all the cash. I think the project was a huge success and he had no concept on how to implement such a project and burned through the cash due to poor decisions.

(Who knows maybe he did hire a staff to do X, Y, Z and the individuals took the money and left)

BUT

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.


Either way this is an amazing story, and I am curious to learn more.

AND I cannot fathom the possibility that Kickstarter lacks any information (Real Name, DOB, ID info, address, Bank accounts) involving the identity of Mr. Cuddles.

This is a perfect example for Kickstarter to step up. If Cuddles is MIA have Kickstarter update the project page with a Legal Action Tab where people can get in contact with the legal team investigating said project.

Ah man, this is messed up, best off luck to all of those who seeming got taken. I hope you all gain restitution.
__________________
If you don't have money? TOUGH SHIT! If you don't have the cash, that's your problem.
-ClickMe

https://blakegordon.deviantart.com/a...TWBE-684396622
Blake Isaac Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #70
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple
 
SoylentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,844
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

It really is a shame- Harem Protagonist had potential out the wazoo...
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #71
ArcaneBEFan
Usually Invisible
 
ArcaneBEFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

I've lost big on a Kickstarter before... I backed Prodos Games' AvP boardgame. They promised to deliver for yeeeeeeeeeeeeears. Nope. Never. Never could figure out how to get my money back from them. Which stinks 'cause their game has been very successful.

Best of luck to any who want to fight lost rewards/cash.
__________________
I clicked on it by accident in yellowbelt's signature... but it was fun so now I have one!
ArcaneBEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #72
Me301
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
Re: Harem Protagonist - Dating Sim With BE (Last Kickstarter Days!)

I kind wanna share my scenes here as I know y'all would appreciate them, but I guess the dreamer in me still has that smallest glimmer of hope that Cuddle will stop being a butt and actually use my scenes in the game.... but then again, for that to matter, he would actually need to MAKE the damn game.
Me301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.