free hit counters
Female horse transformation audio drama - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-14-2017   #1
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

Female horse transformation audio drama

This weekend I encountered a kind of kinky female equine transformation story from a very unexpected source... the long-running NPR series This American Life. Amy Bonnaffons' story Horse follows a woman who voluntarily undergoes a medical procedure to gradually transform into a horse, and it goes into some detail about the process of it and her emotions. It's read by two actresses, one telling the story and another reading excerpts from a brochure about the horse-ifying process. Equine transformation isn't quite my thing, but I know that for some of you this story will go down like sugar cubes after a nice long gallop. It starts at about 34 minutes into the episode.

I'm not sure, but this story may be just an excerpt from a longer work. Bonnaffons has a collection of short stories out soon, and apparently many of them deal with transformations of various kinds.

Last edited by MindiFlyth; 11-14-2017 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Added more info
MindiFlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2017   #2
Dragon
Process Fan

Re: Female horse transformation audio drama

An interesting excerpt and a take you don't typically see in the transformation fetish. Although I'll say that the part that it works only on females feels like a cop out, but would, in the universe, be good for a TG story. The literary shrug when asked why it only works on women kinda put me off. All in all, though, interesting and possibly worth picking it up.

Edit: I don't see any more transformative content in the blurbs for other short stories or the book.

Last edited by Dragon; 11-14-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2017   #3
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

No, but there are a couple of mentions of transformation on the promo page, and one reviewer says, “In her amazing, wildly inventive collection, Amy Bonnaffons writes about transformation, each story further complicating the world as we know it." So I don't know what happens in the book, but I'd say it's one to watch for.

SPOILERS:

Yeah, there is some handwaving in the story, and TBH I didn't really like the part where she brings a guy home for sex and then seriously injures him because his touch feels like a "bridle". That seemed like it was maybe supposed to be some feminist empowerment thing, but to me it just read like some poor, random guy getting the crap kicked out of him for daring to touch a woman in a scenario he had been led to believe was consensual. (Maybe it's supposed to be chilling, symbolizing how her humanity is slipping away. But I had the feeling we were supposed to be like, Go, girl!, and I was sure not feeling that.) All that aside, I thought it was well-written and it did really take its time to explore the transformation. I'd say this one is a must-listen for equine TF fans.
Unread 11-15-2017   #4
Dragon
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiFlyth View Post
Yeah, there is some handwaving in the story, and TBH I didn't really like the part where she brings a guy home for sex and then seriously injures him because his touch feels like a "bridle".
Yeah, that was a part I didn't like much either. The character is a bit too nihilistic for me. Transforming into a horse because she's bored, kicking a guy and bailing... I'd compare it unfavorably to The Stranger in terms of philosophical exploration. But as you say, it's well written and the transformation is handled well, and there's the pregnancy of her friend. So not a total loss.

Quote:
Can't say I know a lot about horses but do they randomly kick people for no reason?
Tame horses generally don't, but can be spooked if you walk behind them without them knowing you're back there. You'll see horse people keep a hand on the horse's rump as they walk around behind, so the horse knows where they're going.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2017   #5
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

She sounded like kind of a jerk as a human.
Also strangely unapologetic about her anger management problems when she starts changing.

Can't say I know a lot about horses but do they randomly kick people for no reason?
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2017   #6
thunderwing
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuros View Post
As they say, a horse is dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle.
thunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2017   #7
Sickboy
Lurker

Probably. All animals are dicks!
Sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2017   #8
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

The detail about how the TF only works for women because women are the only ones who really want it is also... well, horseshit. (Oh please, like there aren't a bunch of guys running around in horsey costumes at some con right now.)
Unread 11-20-2017   #9
Mr GorpThorp
Frequent Poster

Gonewild audio on reddit can yield some results on occaision, if that wasn't mentioned already

Tags
equine, female animal tf, horse