free hit counters
Female Werewolf needles in a haystack - Page 53 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-17-2017   #625
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Maybe it’s the eternal optimist in me, but I don’t think this is a prank. Why would someone hack IMDb just to prank our community? We’re not large, important, or well-known enough to prank. Also, as Marvlman pointed out, Landis did work with Anna before, and it’s not unusual for directors to work with the same actors in their movies (like Scorsese and De Niro, to cite a highly obvious/famous example). And I don’t think this IMDb entry of “AWIL” is for a comedy short on YouTube either. It’s been confirmed by numerous respected news outlets, including “Variety,” that Max Landis is indeed writing and directing a remake of “AWIL.” (Just Google it.) Whether it comes to fruition is another matter entirely, but I’m not giving up hope…just yet.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017   #626
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

That would be a dream come true! However, I've learned to generally err on the side of caution here. For the time being I'll be siding with TF-Viewer's analysis that it is a prank, if simply to not get my hopes too high. The girl is simply gorgeous and the genderbent plot honestly sounds like it might be too good to be true. Either way, Landis is fairly communicative isn't he? If this is legit, we should know soon. Until then I'd suggest keeping expectations in check.

EDIT: It's also probably worth noting that I think IMDB can be edited by users in a similar way to Wikipedia. So without official word, I'd really doubt this.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.

Last edited by Cursebearer; 01-17-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017   #627
Cactus Jack
Fan of the Art of Process

Yeah, I checked Max Landis' Twitter, I've looked all over for official word, there's nothing at all about a synopsis, just that it's being produced by the Walking Dead guy.
Unread 01-17-2017   #628
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Ditto to what Cactus Jack said. Rather than being a prank, I'd bet this is more the sort of thing that might be added to the page by a soul with similar hopes to our own. Sometimes it can be tough to resist writing a little bit of fanfiction.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017   #629
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

Maybe they're hoping to get Landis's attention that way and get him interested in actually doing something like that.

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017   #630
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsangeo View Post
Maybe they're hoping to get Landis's attention that way and get him interested in actually doing something like that.
I don't know, but that could be precisely help him decide to go the other way... well, we all know that the chances of a female werewolf anywhere are quite low, right? Again, and as I said, this prank is really well done (and full of good taste, I must say).
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017   #631
zokk
Process Fan

The cause for pessimism is understandable... The Werewolf genre has more fails than successes in its history. But this looks / feels legit as the remake trend isn't going anywhere and Max Landis is enough of an Ubernerd (He wrote a great Superman miniseries American Alien) it's entirely possible he is one of us at least in spirit (Am I wrong or did I hear he had a DeviantArt account?) In either case, I would argue that if the Son is remaking Dad's masterpiece, he would want to go in a different direction in terms of casting. I think this makes a female werewolf story a stronger contender... After all why go where Dad has already gone before? As for nudity... well Deadpool has made R rated films a hot property again ( "Logan" looks like its gonna kill), So I could see some degree of nudity in the TF plus the desire to top Daddy's TF showstopper.
zokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017   #632
gwsfox
Process Fan

Personally, I generally take some salt when it comes to remakes. (Most try to out do or/and be bigger than the original, rather than stay true to the spirit) Joke or no, I'm really intrigued by the concept of a female lead suffering lycanthropy in said remake.
gwsfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #633
bcislandguy
Process Fan

Lets just hope they dont screw it up too bad, other than us the mainstream dosn't like to see females in a feral beastial look, they want pretty elves and fairy chicks to jerk off too, there hasn't been a good female tf in a movie since the 80's
bcislandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #634
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

The more I think about it, the more the casting of Anna makes sense to me. After all, it would make sense to cast a relative unknown in the lead role. (No, I don’t count a bunch of YouTube videos as signs of a major celebrity.) David Naughton was relatively unknown when he was cast as David Kessler in the original. At that point, he only made a few commercials tap dancing for Dr Pepper. (“I’m a Pepper, he’s a Pepper, wouldn’t you like to be a Pepper too?”) In fact, in its parody of “AWIL,” Mad Magazine referred to this fact by having the werewolf dance and ask, “I’m a werewolf, he’s a werewolf, wouldn’t you like to be a werewolf too?” It wouldn’t make sense to cast someone like Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role because, not only would she be unwilling to suffer the grueling hours of makeup, we wouldn’t buy the TF scene because we know “J-Law” isn’t a werewolf. Obviously, werewolves aren’t real, but we could suspend our disbelief just a bit by seeing an unknown actress rip off her clothes and go through the motions. There’s a small part of your brain that would think, “Well, maybe she IS a werewolf.” If the IMDb synopsis and casting of Anna are unchanged a month from now, I would say it’s a pretty good sign that this is not a prank. You would think in that time, SOMEONE would tell Landis that his movie’s entry on IMDb was messed with, and he would go back and change it. As Homer famously once said: “Now we play the waiting game….. Oh, the waiting game sucks. Let’s play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!”

Last edited by howlingfan; 01-19-2017 at 07:21 AM.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #635
exiram
Lurker

What was the name of that werewolf short film on vimeo? It’s with a guy hits on a girl in a bar and she turns into a werewolf? I’ve been trying to find it.
exiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #636
Lycanthrokeith
Gotta Be Me

There's one aspect of the AWIL remake that is being overlooked.

Even if the lead is female, and even if Landis the younger is at the helm...the effects will be nowhere near as good. Even if Rick Baker hadn't retired, the movie studios would instinctively resort to less expensive CGI as opposed to the previously used makeup, prosthetics, and animatronics.

There's just ultimately no way the remake will stack up to the original, solely for that fact.

Avatar: "Checking" by Mikhail. Used With Permission.

F-List: https://www.f-list.net/c/missclaneous
Lycanthrokeith is offline   Reply With Quote