free hit counters
New eBook available: HOW THE CHIPS MAY FALL - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-11-2017   #13
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Re: New eBook available: HOW THE CHIPS MAY FALL

I'm working my through this... I've given some of my impressions to Scidram... and it's holding up, for me, as well as Short Time.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2017   #14
merritstone
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Parrot View Post
Just bought it solely as a thank-you for my enjoyment of this story in the past.
Ditto! Done and done. I still remember the first stories that I ever read from the old days. Inspired me to write my own. Thanks!
merritstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2017   #15
scidram
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by merritstone View Post
Ditto! Done and done. I still remember the first stories that I ever read from the old days. Inspired me to write my own. Thanks!
Oh wow. Thanks so much for the kind words! I got a little nostalgic and decided that this oldie needed to be put out there. But I'm totally flattered and honored that my work has inspired others.

Thanks again, and take care!
Unread 06-19-2017   #16
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

**takes a deep breath** I just literally finished this book. I got it two weekends ago and my god!

My fan girl devotion to Syrus aside this book is good.

I was terrified, I was relieved, I was made sick with worry and the one character I didn't think I'd like suddenly redeemed herself in my eyes. I just... God's.

I WANTED do badly to get spoilers like I did with short time to know Julia and Rachel and Gwen were ok... But I didn't. And when the book got to much I ran like Sebastian in Never Ending Story. Ran in terror only to steel myself and come back for more.

I'm so glad I did. I won't give spoilers but I freely admit my thought process for the ending was much much darker.

scidram is the only author I know who has made me connect with his characters like no other.

Thank for a great novel.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote