free hit counters
Undrerepresented Themes in a TF Story? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-17-2017   #1
biohawk84
Process Enthusiast

Undrerepresented Themes in a TF Story?

Hi Folks!

So I'm thinking of writing another story, about a donkey TF, but I kind of feel a lot of it has been done/over-done with regards to the mechanics of an actual transformation. Some of the common things I see at the start of most TF stories include:
-uncontrollable/involuntary braying
-tail rips clothes
-ears grow
-hands turn to hooves
-some pain/discomfort
-sex organs change/increase in arousal

So I guess my question to you all here would be what are some things/themes you feel are underrepresented/under-explored? Or things/themes you'd wish folks would include more... weird or otherwise? And again, I'm thinking of writing another donkey TF story, but this probably applies to most TF stories [and yes there are many animals/plants/inanimate objects/etc underrepresented in TF literature/art, but I'm just trying to focus on the actual TF mechanics].
biohawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2017   #2
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Undrerepresented Themes in a TF Story?

Mental changes are fairly underrepresented. Often when they're involved at all they happen super quickly and aren't described in much detail.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2017   #3
biohawk84
Process Enthusiast

That's definitely something I'd want to explore. It also can be tricky to incorporate as it can trend into the turn-off category. Most of the times I've seen these included (when they've been done right), they often involve bodily functions (like peeing and pooping-which can be a major turn-off for a lot of folks) or victims who are all of a sudden consumed with the urge to mate with an animal.
Unread 08-17-2017   #4
Tancred
The french guy

Mental changes, uncontrolable animal noises are my favorites parts and I include them as often I can in my work!

For the tail riping the cloth throught, I would just like to say that it is not that logical. Most of the pants are too solid to be riped by the growth of a tail. The person would bore likely get a tail fracture before ripping jeans (for example). Technically, I think it would be more logical if it was making it way throught cloth layer assing over the belt or throught the leg of the pants...

Personnally, one of the element that, I think, is under represented is the post-tf... The girl dealing with her new body and relearning how to use it... I prefer when she stops at the anthro stage...

And I've finally got my website! ;-)
Tancred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2017   #5
CantSaySeeSaw
Ezekial 23:20

Sometimes I want pants to rip even if it's unlikely. Lately I've preferred thinking about more realistic sensations, like how a tail would feel caught in a pair of pants. I also like to imagine what sensation a change might cause. Does it burn? Does it pinch? Does it hurt? My favorite is when someone doesn't feel it-- doesn't notice at first, even if they know what's happening or is going to happen.
Unread 08-18-2017   #6
whiteflame
Eccentric Equine w/rhyme

How bout two people merging into a single animal, like one person becoming the back end of a horse and one the front. If it includes realistic mental changes, even more terrifying for the back end.
Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil. Nil.
whiteflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2017   #7
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

This is going to sound odd, but perhaps internal to external? Like, their guts change first so they get different cravings and instincts, maybe heart and lung rates change, and onlt then does the outside change, after everything's already bulging and bending in weird ways to accommodate their new bestial anatomy. Could maybe mik this with skin-ripping if you want the changes to not "fit"...
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2017   #8
biohawk84
Process Enthusiast

While I agree that skin-ripping TF's are underrepresented, that is one area that is a major turn-off for me.

As for the "organs first" suggestion, I could see a scenario where a woman is slowly like turning into a cow from the inside out. As her digestive tract grows to allow her to subsist only on vegetation, I could see her abdomen becoming distended, maybe even giving her a "pregnant" appearance. I could see that prompting more "cravings" for salads, etc. There could also be other biological consequences in this case; for example, cows do release a lot more methane gas... something to definitely explore.
Unread 08-19-2017   #9
Craper
New avatar coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohawk84 View Post
While I agree that skin-ripping TF's are underrepresented, that is one area that is a major turn-off for me.

As for the "organs first" suggestion, I could see a scenario where a woman is slowly like turning into a cow from the inside out. As her digestive tract grows to allow her to subsist only on vegetation, I could see her abdomen becoming distended, maybe even giving her a "pregnant" appearance. I could see that prompting more "cravings" for salads, etc. There could also be other biological consequences in this case; for example, cows do release a lot more methane gas... something to definitely explore.
All this is good and stuff I have been exploring some recently in newer stories/art/RPs. Additionally with cows and other ruminants, they tend to chew cud. That can be fun to mix in too, especially if they aren't displaying too many outwards signs. Honestly, reading through the biological processes on like a wikipedia page of any given species is bound to uncover some cool stuff you can integrate into a theme.

As an additional note on the "methane" stuff though: If you want to make it have a bit of mental TF, or even be infections, you can use the cow gas as a vector. Mind melting and infectious, so that being locked into a confined space may cause the change to speed up, or spread to others that can get a good lungful of it.
Craper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2017   #10
spacehillbilly
Process Fan

How about existential angst?
spacehillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2017   #11
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

With me, it's hybrid forms or anthro. While we do see non-morphic animal transformations a lot (which isn't really my thing since it is basically a tamer version of feral), we rarely get ones where they are mostly humanoid but do have animal-like features like fangs and such. Also mental changes are a must for me, or at least exploring the new form/body and seeing how it works.
Monstermaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote