free hit counters
Forgotten CYOC stories - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-18-2011   #1
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Forgotten CYOC stories

There are alot of really good but forgotten starts of adventure stories on the CYOC. Whats the mission here troops? bring them to light.

What is your favorite forgotten and never added to CYOC story thread?

Why is it your favorite?

I want to know all about your favorite forgotten relics of time. Some of these story arcs haven't been added to in years, and they are incredibly good. So its said to see these things forgotten to time.

I make a habit of coming by CYOC at least 3 times a month to see whats been added and to see if any of my favorite arcs have new chapters. Unfortunantly the answer has been for quite some time, none of them has been updated. By sharing these missplaced and forgotten pieces, we could some how bring them to the attention of some fledging writer of the process. They may decide to add a chapter or two. If so, that would be grand in deed.

I thought about for some time forming some type of group through the process to help write and formulate story arcs out of our favorite CYOC's. But have kind of lacked the motivation to do so.

So without further adue here is my favorite story arc.

3 nerds and a device
http://www.cyoc.net/stories/stories_...ter_16416.html

this story had so much damn potential that was just never seen. The transformations were extremely well played out and it was just 3 nerds screwing around with a little ray gun.

Well theres my favorite, whats yours?
Unread 10-19-2011   #2
blackshirtboy
Process Master

Re: Forgotten CYOC stories

I came across a similar situation in Transform or Dare (probably my favourite storyline, along with "It started when I made her clothes disappear") where Jen and a few friends are just playing around with the curse.
The transformation are delightfully weird but the story eventually just sort of peters out.
It starts roughly around here: http://www.cyoc.net/stories/stories_...ter_52296.html
Unread 10-20-2011   #3
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshirtboy View Post
I came across a similar situation in Transform or Dare (probably my favourite storyline, along with "It started when I made her clothes disappear") where Jen and a few friends are just playing around with the curse.
The transformation are delightfully weird but the story eventually just sort of peters out.
It starts roughly around here: http://www.cyoc.net/stories/stories_...ter_52296.html
I have to say after going through that story arc, its really good. There was some people that really put some time into that one. Nice pick there bud.
Unread 10-20-2011   #4
John Y Smith
Process Fan

There was one interactive story I liked about a super hero with a transformation touch. Unfortunatly, it was pretty inactive so they deleted it.
John Y Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011   #5
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Y Smith View Post
There was one interactive story I liked about a super hero with a transformation touch. Unfortunatly, it was pretty inactive so they deleted it.
Are you sure it was on CYOC? they usually don't delete any of the stories or story arcs that are on the site. Theres still arcs there from WAY back. Maybe you just haven't been able to find it again XD
Unread 10-22-2011   #6
lalilu
spicy

there were some good, weird transformations in the cyoc. you were incredibly lucky if you found a story that went more than 10 chapters deep or wasn't gay
Unread 10-22-2011   #7
LostHopeOfDusk
Do not pet the kitty

Donkey gay sex had it own stories, but people ended spaming it in other stories...
LostHopeOfDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011   #8
Red_Mage
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalilu View Post
there were some good, weird transformations in the cyoc. you were incredibly lucky if you found a story that went more than 10 chapters deep or wasn't gay
No kidding. The site has some great material, but it can be very difficult to sift through all the crap it takes to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daichi Azure View Post
C) Only you can prevent forum fires!
Red_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011   #9
Mitchell
Process Disciple

Scottish werewolves was my fave. I had a fw I wrote in there, but, well...I'm trying to figure out my life.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011   #10
John Y Smith
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by godleydemon View Post
Are you sure it was on CYOC? they usually don't delete any of the stories or story arcs that are on the site. Theres still arcs there from WAY back. Maybe you just haven't been able to find it again XD
in 2003, they were clearing out stories which were not added too during a certain time frame. I think it was the only one which was deleted although I could be wrong. However, I searched the site at the time and never found it. It was an interactive story... but it was not in the interactive section.

I backed up some of my favourite transformations from the story in a word document at the time, if I find it, I'll repost them... although I don't have the authors who wrote each part.
John Y Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011   #11
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Y Smith View Post
in 2003, they were clearing out stories which were not added too during a certain time frame. I think it was the only one which was deleted although I could be wrong. However, I searched the site at the time and never found it. It was an interactive story... but it was not in the interactive section.

I backed up some of my favourite transformations from the story in a word document at the time, if I find it, I'll repost them... although I don't have the authors who wrote each part.
OH I actually wasn't really aware of that, thanks for the info. Sooner or later I"ll get around to depositing my 9 gig backup of all of my process related material <.< yes.. I know.. I horde..
Unread 11-04-2011   #12
zidanetribal88004
Lurker

here is my fav one in terms of potential, it was a great set up, but no one went anywhere with it aside from the one unbirthing branch, and the really sorta weird branch
http://www.cyoc.net/stories/stories_...ter_54185.html
zidanetribal88004 is offline   Reply With Quote