free hit counters
Expansion Comics is Online! - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-23-2006   #49
CK01
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentJ
On a personal note, I'm curious- is it just those without credit cards complaining about it being a pay site?
Nope, most of the people against in this thread seem to be generally anti-pay site.
CK01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006   #50
Prinz Eugen
Process Master

I wish you great success with this new venture..cheers!
Prinz Eugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006   #51
Bambi_Blaze

Thank you so very much Prinz Eugen and ALL who have offered your kindness, support, and well wishes!! It really means a LOT!

Please have a wonderful day this Thanksgiving Season!

*snuggles*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.php.jpg (90.3 KB, 295 views)
Unread 11-23-2006   #52
GreatDragon AD
Twin Warrior of Fire

I wish you best of luck too on the site, Bambi. I've been meaning to make my own webcomic series using my characters as well. I got it mostly planned out and finished writing the script for the first chapter. But at the moment, I wnat to get the neccesary pics and comics before I take my time on the project. I'm no artist (heck, the only thing I could draw are stick figures) but I am good in creating characters and writing stories. That's why I often request/commission artists to draw my characters for me. I also host them in my blog at bakunyuu.com

http://gdadgirls.bakunyuu.com

I got a couple of scripts done. I just need someone to edit them before I find some artists to work on them. If you need a writer, I don't mind helping.

http://gdadgirls.bakunyuu.com/
GreatDragon AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006   #53
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Blaze
Thank you so very much Prinz Eugen and ALL who have offered your kindness, support, and well wishes!! It really means a LOT!
Especially the "Support" part, judging by that picture.
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2006   #54
phoenyxx
Frequent Poster

Just wanted to chime in here and say thank you for a new BE site. The more, the merrier!

Phoenyxx
phoenyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2006   #55
Abazaba
Frequent Poster

My Crazy non-sence rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz Eugen
I wish you great success with this new venture..cheers!
Agreed, this place sounds great. It is true most people complain about pay sites. However most of those people only complane because they can't afford them. Or don't have access to a credit card to pay for them. Normaly I have not the money to afford pay sites.

However I largely disagree with anyone who would say that its bad to have a pay site. For all the reasons said above plus the fact that if you pay artists. Most of the time that only HELPS us with out the money for pay sites. Because those artists either as a way to promot the site or as a way to thank loyal fans will do FREE art, and post it in places like this. Those are normaly the same artist who wouldn't have the time to do free work if not for the money they recive from sites like this one.

So its a give and take, and as CattyN basicly said money makes the world go round. This place would be much diffrent if not for pay sites even if those who can't afford/get in them would dissagree. Secondly in a decade or two things what were ON pay sites will eventually become free works posted here. Think of all the countless anime/payed works that are here FREE(though some illegaly(subbed anime is still copyright infringment) which I am fully against).

The next time you think about complaining about a pay site think of all the things that you have gotten via a payed/commissoned items that are now free. Or all the free galleries and forums that came from payed sites or out the the kindness of people who PAY for them. Such as this very forum that is generiously donated by someone who has to PAY for the bandwith/site.

In sort I think my odd rant is basicly summed up in as such. "Nothing is truely free. Even if YOU are getting it for free." -shuffles off to ramble endlessly on this subject-

P.S. I want to thank Bambi and all her minons for her near endless work for our little comunity and for the numerus sites we all take for granted(free or otherwise).
Abazaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006   #56
thefatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abazaba
However most of those people only complane because they can't afford them. Or don't have access to a credit card to pay for them. Normaly I have not the money to afford pay sites.
or they just don't want to pay for it period. there's alot of freeloaders out there. sorry but the economy doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Secondly in a decade or two things what were ON pay sites will eventually become free works posted here. Think of all the countless anime/payed works that are here FREE(though some illegaly(subbed anime is still copyright infringment) which I am fully against).
this is very true. you may find that in a couple years, things that were pay content on comicexpansion.com or any pay site for that matter will become free reign content that all can enjoy. just like technology. the top-of-the-line computer i bought 10 years ago would sell for $50 today in good condition, because the price i payed for it 10 years ago is the same price i would pay for top-of-the-line stuff today.
Unread 11-25-2006   #57
jiryha
Frequent Poster

I think one of the reasons most people have problems with stuff like pay sights is from the lessons learned through sports and computers.

Sports stars now get payed rediculous amounts of money for doing what most people consider a game. They get this money because they were allowed to expect this kind of money. People used to do it for a decent salary then owners would get into bidding wars over certain good players, getting higher wages, ect ect ect. Now even mundane, but professional level, athletes are raking in millions because things were allowed to get out of hand.

Originally all computer software was free, done by people that liked pushing the barriers on what could be done with it. They would pass arround each others programs and improve existing content for free all to see what could be accomplished. Then Mr. Gates, who had been a part of that group for a brief period, pulled the plug, threatened legal action and computer software has become an increasingly commercial affair. Some companies are now charging 20-30 dollars for games that used to be free ware and are usually reproductions of games teens do in flash over the span of one or two weeks.

Most people I think are afraid that if artists go to pay sites that eventually all free content will disappear as artists start to expect money for everything they do.

Not an unfounded fear. However, when it happens(though it will never totally happen) it will just mean that there will be higher quality stuff and more of it. An artist that is getting paid for his work, generally wants to do the work to get payed. I can't afford to go to paysites myself. I don't think I can afford the food I'm going to need in two weeks at this point. But I do support them as a natural progression of material. It's a nessicary step for anything in a capitalist society to survive.
jiryha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006   #58
Abazaba
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiryha
I think one of the reasons most people have problems with stuff like pay sights is from the lessons learned through sports and computers.

Sports stars now get payed rediculous amounts of money for doing what most people consider a game. They get this money because they were allowed to expect this kind of money. People used to do it for a decent salary then owners would get into bidding wars over certain good players, getting higher wages, ect ect ect. Now even mundane, but professional level, athletes are raking in millions because things were allowed to get out of hand.
Yes but also take into account the INDUSTRY at large. Sports is a multi BILLION doller industry. Thus employiees are going to make a huge amount of money but speaking ratio wise a very small fraction of the over all industry. I am sure that like sports or ANY other job for that matter. There will be competion price wise, but not to say it will get out of hand THAT much. Due to the fact that the community at large isn't raking in that kind of cash.

Quote:
Originally all computer software was free, done by people that liked pushing the barriers on what could be done with it. They would pass arround each others programs and improve existing content for free all to see what could be accomplished. Then Mr. Gates, who had been a part of that group for a brief period, pulled the plug, threatened legal action and computer software has become an increasingly commercial affair. Some companies are now charging 20-30 dollars for games that used to be free ware and are usually reproductions of games teens do in flash over the span of one or two weeks.
As for computers, yes it too is proably more like a trillion doller industry world wide. Even with that, there are still HUGE amounts of FREE, or next to free software out there. Shareware for example has proably billions of programs that you can download for free, and use. Some of the better programs charge like what five dollers to keep there projects going. Hell even Linux is a HUGE free program that is compeating very well against top name programs. Not to mention the Open Office programs. So its easy to make that argument, but hard to make it float in this open world.

Quote:
Most people I think are afraid that if artists go to pay sites that eventually all free content will disappear as artists start to expect money for everything they do.

Not an unfounded fear. However, when it happens(though it will never totally happen) it will just mean that there will be higher quality stuff and more of it. An artist that is getting paid for his work, generally wants to do the work to get payed. I can't afford to go to paysites myself. I don't think I can afford the food I'm going to need in two weeks at this point. But I do support them as a natural progression of material. It's a nessicary step for anything in a capitalist society to survive.
Yes it is true that as more artist go to pay sites the number of high quality works will incease. Not all of it will be on pay sites. I mean there are a great number of PAY sites that HOST free sites, or free galleries for starting artists. I would be hard pressed to even think of a time when no more than 50% of any given communit especialy our non-mainstream fetish. Is in the realm of pay sites or pay anything. The more something goes comercial, the more the free aspect of it will develop. Especaly in this world of instant access and free press.
Abazaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2006   #59
foducool
Frequent Poster

aww too bad they don't accept visa credit cards >_< I would have loved joining 'em
foducool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2006   #60
Bambi_Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by foducool
aww too bad they don't accept visa credit cards >_< I would have loved joining 'em
Visa has a new policy with CCBill - all new subaccounts now go through an additional VISA approval. Check back in a few days or so and the VISA logo/option should be available on our join page.

Thanks for your interest and hugs!