free hit counters
beaddventure - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-01-2017   #25
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Re: beaddventure

Here's the link to the "Please don't be morons" thread about the Addventure on the BEA. Might be worth adding your voice to the chorus:

http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php?topic=9996577.0
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2017   #26
Sutibaru
---

RIP addventure. Even if you aren't technically dead, having a login screen to even view it will result in a sharp drop of contribution and essentially walls off new people from discovering it.

CYOC is a decent alternative but it's clearly more focused on transformation.
Unread 10-01-2017   #27
brickware
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoylentOrange View Post
Here's the link to the "Please don't be morons" thread about the Addventure on the BEA. Might be worth adding your voice to the chorus:

http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php?topic=9996577.0
I have been trying to do that but the confirmation email never arrives despite repeated attempts. Not quite sure what to do about that.
brickware is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2017   #28
OhZone
OhYeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutibaru View Post
RIP addventure. Even if you aren't technically dead, having a login screen to even view it will result in a sharp drop of contribution and essentially walls off new people from discovering it.

CYOC is a decent alternative but it's clearly more focused on transformation.
Yeah, sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickware View Post
I have been trying to do that but the confirmation email never arrives despite repeated attempts. Not quite sure what to do about that.
Look at your junk folder?
Unread 10-01-2017   #29
brickware
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Look at your junk folder?
Made sure to check the Junk/Spam folder as per the Sign Up instructions.

Will try again tomorrow I guess.
Unread 10-02-2017   #30
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Wait a minute, you need a login to view, rather than just to contribute?
Are they allergic to money?

EDIT
The more I read, the more pissed off I get.
Tuck the "add a chapter" response behind HTACCESS.
Swap out the standard 403 page for a custom.
"The Unending BE Addventure is a product of BotComics and the BEArchive. Want to contribute? Sign up for a free account here! We'll even consider prolific contributors for a paid account totally free of charge."
Problem fucking solved.

Last edited by vincent_richter; 10-02-2017 at 01:42 AM.
vincent_richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017   #31
Sutibaru
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
Are they allergic to money?
To be fair, they weren't making any money out of the addventure anyhow. It did not have any ads. This is a way to try to get paid subscriptions out of it or to discover that the addventure is actually linked to that site. It is just done terribly poorly without any thought on how it would effect the community the site requires to stay healthy.
Unread 10-02-2017   #32
brickware
Lurker

So I did eventually get a confirmation email eventually in my Inbox. However I say eventually as it took about 3-4 hours to come from when I tried signing up.
Unread 10-02-2017   #33
Laprasking
Lurker

What a shame. In the past I've enjoyed browsing through some entries and even contributing myself with a few entries. Without that "anyone can add an entry and without logins" part of it, it probably is going to die off.

Been trying to sign up as well but also not getting the confirmation email in my inbox or spam folder. Once I do get that sorted, I'm probably going to back up some of the entries I wrote so they're not lost forever (Or indeed, become harder to access. )
Unread 10-02-2017   #34
JBird
Casual Artist

Can't say I'm disappointed when most of the chapters submitted on a daily basis have not interested me in the slightest, or go off into weird territories that are beyond kinkshaming. And that's not mentioning the legit work writers put in to tell their stories.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017   #35
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Sanity has possibly prevailed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotComics
Hi again and sorry for the delay answering, but as somebody suggested, we don't work on weekends.

I took all the necessary time to read your comments carefully.

We CARE about your comments and we will reconsider our decision to see what's the best for the majority of the community. It could mean not for all, but for the majority.

Some definitions and answers to void any speculation:

1. I am the Marketing Manager of BotComics, Inc. We are also owners of BEArchive and I work here since 2011. I am not some newbie playing around with your loved 20 year old website. BUT I have to recognize, I am not as familiar with BEArchive as I am with the comics websites, so all your feedback is valuable to me. If we need to reverse some decision because we see that's the best for the majority of the community, we will do it.

2. When we added the registration and login requirement to access Addventure it wasn't done because of the traffic or the publicity. When we designed the login/registration process it was for bearchive.com. What happened with Addventure was completely accidental. We never expected to disturb the community.

3. We are a small group of people managing a significant number of projects and despite reading and accepting some of your recommendations we can't just implement all the solutions immediately. We have limited human and economical resources and we can't do everything at the same time.

4. It will take some time for us to fix some problems and behaviors of the website. Maybe a week or two. In the meantime, I kindly ask for your patience and understanding.

5. We are evaluating the solution proposed by Adama "Open to view, register to post".

I'll keep you posted with a new post on this thread.

Have a great day.

Mariano
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017   #36
PyroWildcat
Perverted Skeleton

Yeah, that makes me confused about where his reply on page 3 came from. Is this saving face or was it all really just a misunderstanding?

Either way, glad we dodged a bullet here. Here's hoping that the login thing gets fixed soon, but I might as well put up the episodes I had been sitting on while waiting for this to be undone.
PyroWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote