free hit counters
Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 03-11-2017   #37
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies

Again....if you're starting from scratch, why the pressure to make a full length movie up front? Lots of film-makers start with shorts - get the concepts working, techniques, etc. Many feature length films started out as shorts and got re-adapted once things worked out better.

I still think the Patreon concept is a way to build interest - particularly since you can post behind the scenes clips, film journals, etc - while building funding month to month as you develop the entire thing. Particularly since - not having done a full film before, it may be difficult to plan a good film-making budget.

As a side note, there was a production company started by the guys who did "Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning" - and followed it up with "Iron Sky" that was built around a crowd-funding investment concept and I think you can submit requests for investment/funding. Don't remember the name. There were some posts on twichfilm.net about it way back when but I lost track.

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2017   #38
CantSaySeeSaw
Ezekial 23:20

I agree. Trying to do short clips is the best way to start. I have done some very simple effects that take advantage of low lighting and imagination. I think I have the ingenuity to make better clips, and I am trying to, though I am a little worried about my face being out there.

Anyway, I'd be interested in seeing who would want to meet up before any sort of patreon/kickstarter/fund-raising happens. From there, finding out who has what skills would be my next priority. If we have the right people, it becomes way more likely that some content will be produced.

Edit: btw sorry if I made the moderator feel unappreciated. you are real and I see youuuu.

Last edited by CantSaySeeSaw; 03-11-2017 at 06:56 PM.
CantSaySeeSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2017   #39
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

No problem. I just don't always announce what we do.