free hit counters
Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Thrd - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-19-2009   #1
rb9
Process Master

Monstergirl Quest (ZOMG LOOK AN UPDATE!!)

Announcement:

mgq.lefora.com

Go and register and start posting shit. Let's not clutter it with too many topics so hopefully we can have some organization like, one post for the Tower, one post for the first part, catgirl town, etc...

Here's the official thread for Monstergirl Quest, my RPG in RM2k3.

Progress will be slow at first because this is a one-man project and game creation is a bitch.

Purpose of Thread
  • development updates
  • bug reports
  • brainstorming new content
  • content sharing

As indicated in the evil conversion thread where this took off, this project is unprecedented, especially because most games anywhere like it have been in Japanese. This gives you a chance to get in the action and see your fetishes and requests get answered.

Also, I intend to focus almost exclusively on the seduction and bad endings, unlike virtually all Japanese H-games where there may be a bad ending or two at most, and not knowing Japanese spoils it.

The current release is posted in Evil Conversion. It's a very bare alpha, intended to convey the general idea and possibilities of the game.

How can you contribute to this project?

Obviously, I have my strengths and weaknesses. Writing is one of my strengths, plus I'm pretty versed in making things work in RM2k3 (like programming algorithms, making equations, etc.).

I'm not so great at mapmaking. I can't draw. I don't have all the time in the world. So I'm not asking for help, but if you want to hop on here are areas that would probably make the game beter:
  • mapmaking (could do it solo, and then transfer the map files)
  • Art/sprite modification (could be a good addition for gameovers, to display a picture of the 'after', like CG sets)
  • writing/general hot ideas for bad endings (if you write out a scenario for me, I'll probably throw it in as a bad ending)

I think the game would be hotter if it looked better, but I'd rather work on the script than meticulously draw out corners of buildings.

Otherwise, here's a lineup of the next few things to be done with the game:
  1. fix catgirl badend. Make cc max-attacks just teleport to another little room
  2. make the hut to the south a 'fetish hut' where you can surrender to a witch/bow down and pray to get a specific fetish/fantasy satisfied. I plan to have these themed on different things like latex, feet, vore, stockings, etc. and be optional
  3. next dungeon, mountain pass. current monster lineup would be harpies and lamias, maybe some traps like being pulled in a cave and cocooned, or unstable terrain that drops you into pits of lamias
  4. witch's tower. mostly traps, not many monsters, but a few powerful ones. idea from other thread of witch hypnotizing slowly. perhaps i'll have a conversation where you have a lot of choices and argue with her, but if you don't say exactly the right things she dismantles your logic and gets you to surrender
  5. after the tower, you get some clues to what's really happening in the plot and the bigger picture. maybe i can make the game less linear at this point.

Last edited by rb9; 03-04-2010 at 09:48 PM.
rb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009   #2
golgari
Lurker

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

whoo, first post, let me say this rb9, awesome awesome game, although i was up wayy too late tryin to beat the cat boss, to no avail.....
golgari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009   #3
singory
Frequent Poster

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

i'm not sure if it is possible but can make an option where the ending you unlocked can be played again ?
Unread 01-19-2009   #4
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by singory View Post
i'm not sure if it is possible but can make an option where the ending you unlocked can be played again ?
Hey Golgori, the cat can be a bit cheap but the idea is to use the water to your advantage and use caution when she gets hyper (it's hard to avoid her then).

It's on RM2k3

I wanted to implement a gameover replay feature, it's on the top of my list. The only issue is that the game ends right away there is nowhere to save it to. This would require a custom gameover system. It's possible, actually. But you would need to save after the gameover.

What may be more plausible is a password system. Of course, people would probably just spam this and not play through the game. Maybe the best answer is somewhere in between, where there are secret bad ends that must be unlocked, but most of them can be unlocked with a password or just getting through specific plot points.
Unread 01-19-2009   #5
Archanfel
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb9 View Post
Hey Golgori, the cat can be a bit cheap but the idea is to use the water to your advantage and use caution when she gets hyper (it's hard to avoid her then).

It's on RM2k3

I wanted to implement a gameover replay feature, it's on the top of my list. The only issue is that the game ends right away there is nowhere to save it to. This would require a custom gameover system. It's possible, actually. But you would need to save after the gameover.

What may be more plausible is a password system. Of course, people would probably just spam this and not play through the game. Maybe the best answer is somewhere in between, where there are secret bad ends that must be unlocked, but most of them can be unlocked with a password or just getting through specific plot points.
How about after the "bad end" and game over, in the main menu there are now an additional "new game", e.g new game+ or extra, as continuation after the heroine gone bad?

Golgori: If you run to the edge of the map (top left/right, bottom left/right) while the cat queen is still in the middle, she won't be able to catch you, just wait until she is not 'hyper' and go away then touch the heart.

Last edited by Archanfel; 01-19-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Archanfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009   #6
Crinos
Frequent Poster

If I may offer my suggestions:

*A robot/doll transformation factory
*A Garden where a witch turns girls into plant girls
*A tribe of hulking Amazons or Ogresses who kidnap girls and induct them into their ranks
*A haunted house with possession and/or Vampires
*A female pirate captain/Bandit leader who brainwashes girls into her gang with an evil eye.
*A seemingly kindly old witch who erases her victims memories and convinces them there her children.
*Hive of Bee women, kind of obvious there.

What you think?
Crinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009   #7
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanfel View Post
How about after the "bad end" and game over, in the main menu there are now an additional "new game", e.g new game+ or extra, as continuation after the heroine gone bad?

Golgori: If you run to the edge of the map (top left/right, bottom left/right) while the cat queen is still in the middle, she won't be able to catch you, just wait until she is not 'hyper' and go away then touch the heart.
The new game choices are hardwired into the game. However, I could put in an option to save the game, and continuing from that spot results in the aftermath.
Unread 01-19-2009   #8
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

What's this going to be done in...ie: what game system?
Unread 01-19-2009   #9
golgari
Lurker

Another quick question, is the farthest in the game after cat queen is beaten?
cause when i try to get into that tower nothing happens

and thanks for tips
golgari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009   #10
HeadShotOmega
I'm a Pirate, Dood!

So what would I need to try this game out and where can I get it?

Ok, I finally got to play it and I think a nice way to have it would be the game give you a normal game over if you lose to someone, instead of a custom, however once you beat it you unlock a way to view the "alternate" end where you fall victim to the boss.

That way it gets around the no custom game overs and it would also get around people spamming passwords.

Last edited by HeadShotOmega; 01-20-2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: I had an idea!
HeadShotOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009   #11
Katt
Guardian of the OverKitty

Location: The worst scumhole in the galaxy, Teddy Bear Junction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb9 View Post

How can you contribute to this project?

Obviously, I have my strengths and weaknesses. Writing is one of my strengths, plus I'm pretty versed in making things work in RM2k3 (like programming algorithms, making equations, etc.).

I'm not so great at mapmaking. I can't draw. I don't have all the time in the world. So I'm not asking for help, but if you want to hop on here are areas that would probably make the game beter:
  • mapmaking (could do it solo, and then transfer the map files)
  • Art/sprite modification (could be a good addition for gameovers, to display a picture of the 'after', like CG sets)
  • writing/general hot ideas for bad endings (if you write out a scenario for me, I'll probably throw it in as a bad ending)
I would like to offer my assistance to finding the 'end' pics, if I understand what you mean.
I might be able to help you with making the maps too, but no promises there...yet.
Unread 01-21-2009   #12
209Icey
Frequent Poster

I could help with the writing. Though I'm not sure if it'll be much. (Others have told me otherwise... but meh)
209Icey is offline   Reply With Quote