free hit counters
“Betsy” female werewolf movie - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-13-2017   #1
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

“Betsy” female werewolf movie

I decided to give “Betsy” its own thread since I have a lot of updates, so if anyone knows how to copy and paste the pertinent messages from “Female werewolf needles in a haystack” to this thread, be my guest. I’ve been writing back and forth to the writer/director of “Betsy” this week over questions concerning the movie and, particularly, its TF scene, and I have Bad News, Good News, Bad/Good News (depending on how your view the subject), and Bad News That Was Turned Into Good News:

Bad News
Betsy will not have a muzzle or tail, which is unfortunate since I feel an ideal werewolf has both. Also, this makes the tagline, “A new shape on an old tail” very misleading, but the director said the tagline was concocted by the marketing team, not him. The reason for not including a muzzle or tail is because he’s trying to do a serious (or at least semi-serious) take on the werewolf myth, and since their budget is so low, it would’ve been too difficult to create a convincing muzzle or tail without it coming off as unintentionally comical, which I suppose makes sense. As a result, the final werewolf will not be a huge, hulking monster but more in the vein of the wolfman. Again, unfortunate, since he and his makeup team did a stellar job (on such a low budget) for the large, practical-suit monster in his last movie, “Don’t F in the Woods.”

Good News
The werewolf will be bipedal, not quadruped. (I’m assuming most people prefer their werewolves on two feet.) Also, the “big” TF scene was mostly inspired by “AWIL” and as a result will be around the same length, 2 to 3 minutes. Again, don’t expect this scene to be the female version of “AWIL” since their budget is so low (and they have no Rick Baker), but it’s nice to see them shooting for an approximate, low-budget version of this. The TF will even include bladders, though they will mostly be used underneath Betsy’s clothes showing, e.g., her back expanding.

Bad/Good News (depending on how you view the subject)
The TF will be painful. This is bad news for me, since I enjoy pleasurable TFs, but I know many people on this board prefer painful ones. There will be pleasure involved though in the wolf killings, and, towards the end of the movie when Betsy realizes she’s a werewolf and begins remembering her kills, this will fill her with pleasure as the wolf takes over. More bad/good news: there will be some skin ripping, specifically in her arms and parts of her face, but it won’t be over-the-top like “Trick ‘r Treat,” according to the director.

Bad News That Was Turned Into Good News (thanks to moi)
The TF scene originally wasn’t going to feature much clothes ripping or nudity, and to me, this was the biggest shame. In my mind, you can’t have a classic TF without both, not to mention Kelci, the actress playing the titular werewolf, is already pretty much naked in the movie’s poster, so to not feature nudity in the TF scene would be false advertising, to say the least. The director said the reason for this is because they’re shooting the movie in the winter in Ohio (in 2 weeks), so Kelci couldn’t be running around outside naked as the wolf. Also, it was in her contract that she would be clothed as the wolf, and she wanted a lot more for nudity in the film. Well, Merry Christmas, boys (and girls?), because I decided to come to the rescue and throw my money at this project. I’ve been looking for great female werewolf movies pretty much all my life, so I know how rare a good TF scene is. Kelci is gorgeous (www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/2354238/viewall), and it would be a hugely wasted opportunity not to get the most bang for our TF buck, so to speak. I decided to match what she wanted in order to include ripped clothing and nudity (chest) in the “big” TF scene. However, because they’re still going to be shooting the werewolf scenes outside in the winter, we reached a compromise where she will have torn clothing covering her “bits” when she’s on the hunt.

Even Better News
Because the Indiegogo fundraiser was successful and surpassed its goal, there are leftover signed DVDs to purchase at the movie company’s website. Since I spent almost as much on this project as a small, used car, you guys can chip in 10 bucks for the DVD. Remember, it may take a long time for distribution of this movie (up to a year or more), so this is your last chance to see the movie before anyone else. (DVDs will be released to the Indiegogo campaigners and people who buy it now in June.) There are only a few copies left, so get them before they’re gone. Again, I’m not going to post the movie or TF scene when it’s released to the investors. The website to buy a copy is here:

www.conceptmediallc.com/store
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Betsy.jpg (74.4 KB, 338 views)

Last edited by howlingfan; 02-13-2017 at 07:36 PM.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2017   #2
lowes96
Process Master

Re: “Betsy” female werewolf movie

I really hope this works out in the end
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2017   #3
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
The director said the reason for this is because they’re shooting the movie in the winter in Ohio (in 2 weeks), so Kelci couldn’t be running around outside naked as the wolf. Also, it was in her contract that she would be clothed as the wolf, and she wanted a lot more for nudity in the film. Well, Merry Christmas, boys (and girls?), because I decided to come to the rescue and throw my money at this project. I’ve been looking for great female werewolf movies pretty much all my life, so I know how rare a good TF scene is. Kelci is gorgeous (www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/2354238/viewall), and it would be a hugely wasted opportunity not to get the most bang for our TF buck, so to speak. I decided to match what she wanted in order to include ripped clothing and nudity (chest) in the “big” TF scene. However, because they’re still going to be shooting the werewolf scenes outside in the winter, we reached a compromise where she will have torn clothing covering her “bits” when she’s on the hunt.
Now THIS is the kind of Kickstarter project I'd support.
Dr. Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2017   #4
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

You know, regardless of how this project ultimately ends up turning out, I have nothing but respect for you, howlingfan, for putting your money where your mouth is, and supporting the making of such a project. I know everyone out there doesn't have an amount as much as a "small, used car" to throw at every project coming out, but, like OP said, you can come off 10 bucks here or there. We spend too much time making every excuse not to back something, and while there are those like Anthony Brownrigg who will take the dough and run, I'd rather lose out on that once in a while, than to have a potential project fall by the wayside, because I'm already convincing myself that it's destined to be a bust, just because I said so.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2017   #5
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

It's pretty easy to tell when a project has a strong possibility of coming to fruition, actually. In the case of Betsy, the creators have a reasonably large library of already released projects that are a clear indicator of their skill and ability to ship a product. This is why Betsy wasn't met with any suspicion, and why lots of other projects rightfully are.

Either way, I kicked my money in on this project. Happy to hear the TF is painful, not as happy about most of the rest. The wolfman thing in particular is a bummer. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic. We'll see what comes of it.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2017   #6
TailBoy
Tail Growin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Betsy will not have a muzzle or tail,
www.conceptmediallc.com/store
not interested then! X(
TailBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2017   #7
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
You know, regardless of how this project ultimately ends up turning out, I have nothing but respect for you, howlingfan, for putting your money where your mouth is, and supporting the making of such a project.
Thanks. To be honest, one of the reasons why I had money to throw at this project is because I was set to help produce a separate female werewolf film last year, but it completely fell apart at the last moment. As for the people complaining that they’re disappointed, I feel your pain (the writer/director’s first e-mail was shocking to me, as I originally imagined a large werewolf with a muzzle and tail), but fear not. I’ve read the script, and, without giving too much away, there’s possibility for a sequel. I told the writer/director I’d be willing to help produce a sequel if it included a large wolf suit with a muzzle and tail. (I wouldn’t be interested in helping if it’s just going to be more of the same.) Right now, he’s playing coy, but his company has made sequels to their movies before, so it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility. He said he has a “grand plan” for this film, so whether that means making sequels or simply submitting this movie to film festivals, which he said he’s going to do, that remains to be seen.
Unread 02-14-2017   #8
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

Fucking hell. There's just no pleasing some people.

I for one am looking forward to this.
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2017   #9
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Thanks. To be honest, one of the reasons why I had money to throw at this project is because I was set to help produce a separate female werewolf film last year, but it completely fell apart at the last moment. As for the people complaining that they’re disappointed, I feel your pain (the writer/director’s first e-mail was shocking to me, as I originally imagined a large werewolf with a muzzle and tail), but fear not. I’ve read the script, and, without giving too much away, there’s possibility for a sequel. I told the writer/director I’d be willing to help produce a sequel if it included a large wolf suit with a muzzle and tail. (I wouldn’t be interested in helping if it’s just going to be more of the same.) Right now, he’s playing coy, but his company has made sequels to their movies before, so it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility. He said he has a “grand plan” for this film, so whether that means making sequels or simply submitting this movie to film festivals, which he said he’s going to do, that remains to be seen.
Don't worry. I also love your project and I have always admired the people who instead of complaining about something, they decide to fight for what they believe.
Well, I am not a fan of skin ripping or TFs hidden under the clothes, but I respect what's been doing here and I hope it will be a success. No need to say that I will watch it even though it would not fulfill my TF tastes, as long as I am, over my fetish, a fanatic of horror movies, especially if they have an 80's touch in them.
Good luck with the project, and keep us informed .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2017   #10
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Good luck with the project, and keep us informed .
Thanks. For updates on the film, follow it on Facebook: www.facebook.com/betsyfilm
Unread 02-16-2017   #11
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
Now THIS is the kind of Kickstarter project I'd support.
I forgot to mention this before, but to those who missed out on the Indiegogo campaign, because it was successful, it is now classified as “InDemand,” which means you can still contribute and buy the extra goodies, like signed Blu-ray/DVD combo packs, posters, and storyboards (as well as personalized intro videos and Associate Producer credits on the film and IMDb), until they’re gone or until the writer/director decides to pull the campaign from the site. The campaign is still located here:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/be...wolf-feature#/
Unread 03-16-2017   #12
movieman
Lurker

New stills from Betsy:
http://www.horrorsociety.com/2017/03...nt-fuck-woods/
movieman is offline   Reply With Quote