free hit counters
Female Werewolf needles in a haystack - Page 54 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-18-2017   #637
lowes96
Process Master

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

If I get to see her rip off her clothes and screaming in pain on all fours that's all I need lol
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #638
zokk
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrokeith View Post
There's one aspect of the AWIL remake that is being overlooked.

Even if the lead is female, and even if Landis the younger is at the helm...the effects will be nowhere near as good. Even if Rick Baker hadn't retired, the movie studios would instinctively resort to less expensive CGI as opposed to the previously used makeup, prosthetics, and animatronics.

There's just ultimately no way the remake will stack up to the original, solely for that fact.
This is likely to be true, since Universal (I assume it will be the same studio that released the original) basically sent Rick Baker into early retirement because of his treatment during the making of The Wolfman (2010) and their trashing of the practical effects for the Thing remake and replacing them with CG.
zokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #639
aresx
Frequent Poster

Having watched a lot of Max Landis' videos about movie pitches...he seems to always give women a huge role in his movie scripts that he writes. there is a very good chance that this woman will be our werewolf. it seems VERY much in his character that he would attempt to give a female lead a chance in his next big movie
Unread 01-18-2017   #640
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

Ehhh. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. I'm not going to get my hopes up because I've been burned after Bitten. And AWIP. And Cursed. And Darkwolf. And...

Need I go on?
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #641
trc071880
Frequent Poster

I would definitely put this under I'll believe it when I see it
trc071880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #642
alphaleo1977
Lurker

and i seen her pic shes a good looking woman
alphaleo1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017   #643
oezdemircan aydinoglu
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiram View Post
What was the name of that werewolf short film on vimeo? It’s with a guy hits on a girl in a bar and she turns into a werewolf? I’ve been trying to find it.
I believe it's called "The Dark"? That Aussie chick was smoking hot. Pretty good TF phases, but I would have liked to see more process.
oezdemircan aydinoglu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017   #644
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oezdemircan aydinoglu View Post
I believe it's called "The Dark"? That Aussie chick was smoking hot. Pretty good TF phases, but I would have liked to see more process.
You're right on the nose. It'll take some digging through search filters on Vimeo, but it's still there, I promise.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017   #645
baxter1327
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
You're right on the nose. It'll take some digging through search filters on Vimeo, but it's still there, I promise.
Here:
https://vimeo.com/4529608

Just went and looked up my original post about it. Save ya some time. Jeezus its been 7 yrs since that came out. Feels like only 5.
baxter1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017   #646
TailBoy
Tail Growin'

asking for a AWIL remake with female in it is like wanting a ghostbusters remake starring only women as the leads. XD
TailBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017   #647
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter1327 View Post
Here:
https://vimeo.com/4529608

Just went and looked up my original post about it. Save ya some time. Jeezus its been 7 yrs since that came out. Feels like only 5.
True. Is is still, by far, the best low budget female werewolf transformation ever: a cute naked asian woman sweating and crying out in pain, and fortunately with not much off-camera and no skin-ripping. Even there was an edited version done by someone from this forum that I still keep as a treasure.

As a curiosity, the version that appears in a later compilation of shot films has different music due to,I suppose, copyright issues (not Elvis nor Bowie this time).

Another hint: I remember that in an interview the director commented that the FX cost approx 500 USD. That is real economy of means .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017   #648
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrokeith View Post
There's one aspect of the AWIL remake that is being overlooked.

Even if the lead is female, and even if Landis the younger is at the helm...the effects will be nowhere near as good. Even if Rick Baker hadn't retired, the movie studios would instinctively resort to less expensive CGI as opposed to the previously used makeup, prosthetics, and animatronics.

There's just ultimately no way the remake will stack up to the original, solely for that fact.
There is some hope that CGI won’t be exclusively used. First of all, as I mentioned before, since Landis is the son of the original’s writer and director, it would make sense that he would want to honor the source material and use (at least mostly) practical effects for the TF. From a more pragmatic standpoint, however, don’t forget the ‘90s sequel, “American Werewolf in Paris,” bombed hard, and one of those reasons was because they relied almost exclusively on CGI for the TFs. I remember excitedly reading reviews of the movie when it came out (before I discovered how terrible it was), and even mainstream critics were bothered by the overuse of “computer graphics” for the transformation (what they called it before the popularity of the acronym “CGI”). They said the transformation wasn’t anywhere near as “realistic” as the original, which was ironic since special effects presumably advanced in the 15 years between those two movies. So if even most critics, who almost assuredly don’t share our fetish, complained about the CGI TF, it’s likely or at least hopeful that Landis will use mostly practical effects to distance himself from that critical and commercial failure. Now, it’s true that since “AWIP,” there have been a number of female werewolf productions that ended up also using CGI for the TFs, most notably the aptly named “Cursed,” a production that literally kicked Rick Baker out for some godforsaken reason. But this remake at least has that “AWIL” connection where the iconic TF was so essential to the movie, so it would make sense it would follow in that classic’s pawprints.

Last edited by howlingfan; 01-19-2017 at 09:03 AM.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote