free hit counters
Girdle of Opposite Gender - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-13-2010   #13
The-Pro
Frequent Poster

Re: Girdle of Opposite Gender

It makes me sad how true that strip is. Yet at the same time I feel the author is kind of a jerk for pointing it out, because I think a lot of transgender fetish comics aren't really trying for a realistic, sensitive take on transexuality.

Although the trend is a lot more pronounced on Fictionmania, where many authors are actually trying for that and failing. Sexual fantasies aren't the only kind of masturbatory fantasy, you know.
The-Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010   #14
John Colburn
Might be a Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Pro View Post
So even the makers of DnD are self aware enough to realize that all their female characters inevitably have tighter, more form fitting clothes than males as some sort of universal mandate.
To be fair, it is the -girdle- of the opposite gender; it wouldn't be much of a girdle (in either of the two meanings of the word) if it weren't tight. Beyond that, the sleeves are loose and there are at least three layers of fabric across the chest. The breasts are large but might be completely lost in the robes without the (non-optional) girdle.

Furthermore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intox
Appears to also be the Girdle of Younger.
I see no evidence of this. The hands and arms are too vague to tell, the breasts and hips are covered by too much clothing and girdle, and the face hasn't been touched yet. When I first looked at it, the size of the breasts and the fact that they are basically resting on the girdle suggested an older woman to me. It's inconclusive as far as I'm concerned.

I know there are a lot of unfortunate "givens" in TG transformations, including ageism and stereotyping, but it doesn't help to assume the worst without any real supporting evidence.
Unread 08-13-2010   #15
John Colburn
Might be a Robot

(P.S. I have always loved this item, and I think it's awesome that it not only got listed but got its own illustration.)
Unread 08-15-2010   #16
Intox
WHERE'S MY EDGY TITLE AT

It was a comment made in jest. :3
Unread 08-15-2010   #17
mercury01
No Man's Slave

I like that they made it appear as far removed from a contemporary girdle as possible. A non-kinky male adventurer would be more likely to put it on.
mercury01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010   #18
Xanderfox
Process Master

Well the Girdle of Opposite Gender is supposed to be mistake for a Girdle of Giant Strength or similar. H had one player get smart and have it identified by a professional, of course when the wizard told him it was a Girdle of Opposite Gender And Giant Strength h put it on just to up his stat. While it's nice to have official stats for cursed items like these, a crafty DM/GM can use them with out the book.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010   #19
mercury01
No Man's Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderfox View Post
of course when the wizard told him it was a Girdle of Opposite Gender And Giant Strength h put it on just to up his stat.
Goddamn metagaming munchkin.
mercury01 is offline   Reply With Quote