free hit counters
Female werewolf film betsy - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-28-2017   #13
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female werewolf film betsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.sandman View Post
Im pretty hyped for that awil remake its looking like a female lead hahaha. Which like you said seems too good to be true
I think it's following a trend of putting female leads in classic films, like the "Ghostbusters" reboot and even "What About Bob?" (another Bill Murray movie), which is now going to be called "What About Barb?" I kid you not.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2017   #14
aresx
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
I think it's following a trend of putting female leads in classic films, like the "Ghostbusters" reboot and even "What About Bob?" (another Bill Murray movie), which is now going to be called "What About Barb?" I kid you not.
....because Remember it?
Unread 04-28-2017   #15
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Was there some development with the AWIL remake that I'm not aware of? IMDB being the only source means that could really really be fake, unless we've heard something else.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2017   #16
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
Was there some development with the AWIL remake that I'm not aware of? IMDB being the only source means that could really really be fake, unless we've heard something else.
We have some hints to accept it as legitime. I've explained them some time ago, and there I said that Max Landis was traveling from UK and back precisely with the couple that was announced as the lead (same plane in which Carrie Fisher had her heart attack). Yes, they were deleted afterwards, but the synopsis wasn't changed. I assume that there are still some discussions between the writers and the producers, and we recently knew that there is no director yet (Max Landis said that he wanted to, and gave ideas about the TF, of course), and consequently it doesn't advance to the "preproduction" status. And in his twitter, he said once that "what if the werewolf were not american?" That fits perfectly in the actress originally selected: we could translate that into "male american" or into "white american"... well, she is a japanese/philipinno female :P.
It is true that all this can change and we could end up having another white male in the main role, but I really believe that the script would preserve that change, and we will see a woman, if the movie is finally made, of course .

Last edited by Anahki; 04-28-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2017   #17
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Cool Re: Female werewolf film betsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but “Bonehill Road” seems to be combining the best of both worlds/TF classics (albeit in an indie sense). The werewolves will look like “The Howling,” which featured my favorite-looking werewolves of all time (no surprise, given my username), and it will also include a TF similar to the one in “AWIL” with full-body shots and nudity. There definitely seems to be a glitch in the Matrix, because this was not supposed to happen in our lifetime, just like a number of events weren’t supposed to happen in the past year: England wasn’t supposed to leave Europe, the Chicago Cubs weren’t supposed to win the World Series, Trump wasn’t supposed to win the White House, the Super Bowl wasn’t supposed to be decided in overtime after one team blew a massive lead, the Oscars weren’t supposed to mess up who won Best Picture, and, after decades of CGI dominance in the special effects industry, there wasn’t supposed to be a werewolf movie featuring a female werewolf transformation using all practical effects. Luckily for us on this board, the latter appears to be coming true, not to mention the female-led “AWIL” remake. And it seems we’re not alone in wanting this to happen, since the “Bonehill Road” campaign is about to surpass $10 grand, after only asking for $2,500. In other words, old-school werewolf fans have been starving, but I don’t need to tell you guys that.
HowlingFan,

Have to say that's a nice choice for movie title (Bonehill Road) and reassuring intentions. I only hope it happens as well as you hope it will and I don't miss hearing about it. Although, I think for politics sake it was not that Trump would get elected. It was that Clinton couldn't lose. Amen for that.

I have some non-fetish/werewolf writing material which would be good for productions. If you're interested, I'd be glad to network on it to see where my stuff might stand if someday produced on the big screens.

Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2017   #18
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
We have some hints to accept it as legitime. I've explained them some time ago, and there I said that Max Landis was traveling from UK and back precisely with the couple that was announced as the lead (same plane in which Carrie Fisher had her heart attack). Yes, they were deleted afterwards, but the synopsis wasn't changed. I assume that there are still some discussions between the writers and the producers, and we recently knew that there is no director yet (Max Landis said that he wanted to, and gave ideas about the TF, of course), and consequently it doesn't advance to the "preproduction" status. And in his twitter, he said once that "what if the werewolf were not american?" That fits perfectly in the actress originally selected: we could translate that into "male american" or into "white american"... well, she is a japanese/philipinno female :P.
Just piggybacking off this, I've mentioned before that the IMDb was updated months ago, deleting the casting information of who was playing what (including the Asian actress in the lead), but even if she doesn't end up in the role, the main synopsis of the movie wasn't changed, i.e., it still says the werewolf is a female named "Alex." I would think if the lead was in fact male and not female, it would've been changed by now, but that's just my (much-hoped-for) hunch.
Unread 04-28-2017   #19
Mr.sandman
Process Fan

What a time to be alive hahaha awil with a female lead...fonally
Mr.sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2017   #20
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wayne View Post
HowlingFan,

Have to say that's a nice choice for movie title (Bonehill Road) and reassuring intentions. I only hope it happens as well as you hope it will and I don't miss hearing about it. Although, I think for politics sake it was not that Trump would get elected. It was that Clinton couldn't lose. Amen for that.

I have some non-fetish/werewolf writing material which would be good for productions. If you're interested, I'd be glad to network on it to see where my stuff might stand if someday produced on the big screens.
To be honest, I actually think the movie title is boring, much like "Betsy." It doesn't tell you what the movie is about, and even if you know it's a horror movie, with a name like "Bonehill Road," you'd think it's about zombies, skeletons, or mummies, not werewolves. If they HAD to keep the address in the title, I would've gone with Full Moon Road or Wolfsbane Road or Silver Bullet Road or SOMETHING to do with werewolves.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of your message or why you flagged me. I should probably mention I'm not a big-time producer or anything. I'm just a fan, like everyone else here.
Unread 04-28-2017   #21
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

I just think it's well worth noting that IMDB can be edited by anyone and that without confirmation from Landis we shouldn't assume that something sourced from that site with no release from any official source is true. Why would someone presumably involved with production update the IMDB like that and not release the information to other promotional sites? Landis is especially prolific on Twitter, for instance.

Just be careful getting your hopes up I guess.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017   #22
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

It could have been a leak from a crewmember from a pre-production or test shoot. Also I imagine anyone working on big budget monster movies right now is eyeing the Universal Monster plan carefully. If Universal pulls off what they're attempting they're going to become the 900lb gorilla in the genre, and the only way to compete with that would be to do something very different.

Based on what has been announced about Universal's project it looks like it's going to be very similar to Marvel, so a werewolf movie with a lead actress would be one way to do that.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017   #23
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
It could have been a leak from a crewmember from a pre-production or test shoot. Also I imagine anyone working on big budget monster movies right now is eyeing the Universal Monster plan carefully. If Universal pulls off what they're attempting they're going to become the 900lb gorilla in the genre, and the only way to compete with that would be to do something very different.

Based on what has been announced about Universal's project it looks like it's going to be very similar to Marvel, so a werewolf movie with a lead actress would be one way to do that.
I remember having read somewhere that the lead for the Wolfman movie was still undecided, but only male names had been considered, so I'd discard that possibility, even though they have done something similar with The Mummy.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017   #24
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

I guess I wasn't clear. I meant that because Universal's movies are probably going to all have male leads, one way to compete would be to go with a female lead for novelty's sake.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote