free hit counters
Female Werewolf needles in a haystack - Page 56 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-22-2017   #661
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionmang View Post
Did anyone in this forum happen to save the short film M is for Moon (later known as Hello Moon)? Here's the trailer to jog your memory:

https://vimeo.com/108617860

It used to be on Vimeo and was posted in this thread ages ago, but now it's gone. I know this would be better suited in requests... but since we are on the topic of old Vimeo videos and since the only people who would know this video are long time followers of this thread, I thought I would ask here.
Okay, why is this the first time I'm hearing about this short? That teaser trailer looks fantastic. For people who have seen it, is there any process?
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2017   #662
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Okay, why is this the first time I'm hearing about this short? That teaser trailer looks fantastic. For people who have seen it, is there any process?
As I recall, no. She moans, doubles over in pain and then the rest is implied I think. Which may be why not everyone's heard of it, while she's attractive and the idea of her being a werewolf is cool, it doesn't really show the transformation. "The Dark" and "The Hunted"* go way beyond "M is for Moon" in terms of visuals.

*in case people haven't heard of that one ^ there it is
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2017   #663
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
As I recall, no. She moans, doubles over in pain and then the rest is implied I think. Which may be why not everyone's heard of it, while she's attractive and the idea of her being a werewolf is cool, it doesn't really show the transformation. "The Dark" and "The Hunted"* go way beyond "M is for Moon" in terms of visuals.

*in case people haven't heard of that one ^ there it is
Okay, that's a shame. Yes, I saw "The Hunted" before. Thanks anyway.
Unread 01-22-2017   #664
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
I remember it... no process, just the "initial stages". She is naked but you don't see anything as long as she is inside the bathtub. She screams out of pain and so on, but then the "fade to black" comes to the rescue and you don't see anything onscreen :P... as usually.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2017   #665
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

M is for Moon seems to be pretty underrated on these boards. The atmosphere is handled extremely well, the actress is beautiful and delivers a great performance, the sound design is on point. You could complain about what we don't get shown, but even the greats like "The Dark" and "The Hunted" use frequent cutaways (The Dark has barely any process at all) or other means of not showing things (The Hunted uses shadows on the wall). For my two cents, acting, choreography and sound-design are the biggest things in these budget TFs and M is for Moon totally nails it.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2017   #666
CNash
What would you rather be?

For those seekers after truth / potential fetish material:

https://www.mediafire.com/?dv4grkb6b7rl5yx

You're welcome.

EDIT from the faaaar future.... for those curious, I've replaced the Google Drive link with an alternate copy hosted on Mediafire, as the Google link's sharing permissions kept expiring and sending me emails.

Last edited by CNash; 05-16-2023 at 12:12 PM.
CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2017   #667
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNash View Post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4K...ew?usp=sharing

You're welcome.
Oh man, thank you! Really appreciate you digging up this lost gem- downloading it myself so that it won't disappear into the ether again.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2017   #668
Amahain
Process Master

Quote:

You're welcome.
Sweet! Thanks!

Honestly, even though there isn't much process, the setup and initial stages of the TF are the big selling point for me, and that film really pulled it off.
Unread 01-23-2017   #669
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:

You're welcome.
Thanks for posting this. It’s amazing how many short films have come close to the holy grail, only to back away at the last second and not really show anything. It’s especially frustrating for shorts like “Hello Moon/‘M’ Is for Moon” where the girl is drop-dead gorgeous. I realize that most (if not all) of these filmmakers don’t share our fetish, but if you’re going to make a short film where literally the entire plot is, “Girl turns into a werewolf,” and then you DON’T show the transformation, what was the ever-living point of doing the work and getting all those people together to make the movie in the first place?
It reminds me of the old, disappointing movie “Jaqueline Hyde,” which was a Jekyll and Hyde story about a shy, plain-Jane woman who transforms into a curvy, gorgeous supermodel. I was following that production for over a year, and when I finally watched the DVD, I was once again let down to find out that all the TFs were pretty much off-screen. In fact, during the first “TF,” which really wasn’t a TF, all the girl does is moan and writhe around in her bed, then she falls off the bed, and when she gets up, she’s the new, hotter model. During the audio commentary for this scene, the director said, “We were going to have special-effects shots here with bubbling skin, but we ran out of time and money in the budget,” which prompted me to think, “Then what was the point of even making the movie?! The entire hook/plot of the movie is a plain woman has the power to transform into a hotter model, and you DON’T show the transformation?” They should’ve used most of the budget for that one scene and then filmed the rest of the movie around it with the leftover money. After all, dialogue scenes aren’t expensive to shoot.
This same sentiment was echoed during a behind-the-scenes documentary of “The Howling,” where a producer was complaining they were running out of money and couldn’t do a proper TF scene. “As far as I was concerned,” he said, “one of the reasons we were making the movie in the first place was to showcase a fantastic transformation,” so he procured an extra million for the budget, and the rest is TF history.
The more I think about it, the more I realize we’re never going to really get a female TF we want until us guys (and girls?) pool our resources together and make one ourselves. Obviously, we won’t have millions to play with, but according to the writer/director of “The Dark,” which in my mind is still the closest we’ve come to a great female werewolf TF, the makeup for that short only cost $500, so imagine what we could do with thousands. I realize we don’t all agree on exactly what constitutes a good TF. For example, some people want the TF to be painful; some, including myself, want it to be pleasurable, but we could have a compromise where the TF is at first painful, but as the changes progress (and her “adrenaline” kicks in), the girl could start to enjoy it. I would also say that most of us here would rather have bubbling skin and gradual changes (like in “The Howling” and “AWIL”) instead of ripping skin and gory changes (like “Trick ‘r Treat,” “The Company of Wolves” and “Hemlock Grove”). At least we could agree on that part, and for those who don’t, they obviously don’t have to contribute to the project. Also, we’d need to find someone who knows how to sculpt prosthetic makeup.
Or I guess we could just wait and see if this “AWIL” remake will pay off or if it’s really a hoax.
Unread 01-23-2017   #670
thatnightwolf
Frequent Poster

This conversation pops up every few months and then swiftly dies because any mention of crowdfunding yields many negative reactions on this board. There have been several false starts over the years and empty promises made that it would be an extremely uphill battle to get anyone here on any united front. It would also be a too many cooks situation. Even, if something was made, it's impossible to please everybody and the ensuing debate over TF content would only guarantee that nobody leaves happy. As for the thoughts on why filmmakers bother making the films they do if they run out of resources for properly filmed transformations, I think you answered your own question. Most (if not all) of these filmmakers do not share a view of TF as a fetish. It is merely a storytelling device. Speaking from personal experience in the entertainment world, walking away from a project because you weren't able to shoot a scene (TF related or otherwise) the way you originally envisioned is not an option. There are investors, contracts, and schedules that must be adhered to during productions. There is often much compromise made during the making of a project. Talented filmmakers can try to make the best given the limitations they are often given to work with. It may be a bummer to watch a great build-up to a transformation and then have it not meet expectations (which are often much too high to begin with) but we all need to take into consideration that this industry is not out to slight us in any way. These are not personal attacks. I would some day like to try my hand at filming a TF-themed short or feature given my particular "insider" viewpoint on the matter, but even if that day does arrive, the TF content must still serve the story I'm trying to tell. Filmmakers who work in the mainstream industry cannot risk the personal and professional careers to appease a niche fetish community. It sucks, but that's pretty much the truth. Content creators like MissaX was specifically catering fetish content toward this community and even she mostly had to end that due to lack of support from the community. End rant.

TL;DR ---- Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
thatnightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2017   #671
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnightwolf View Post
This conversation pops up every few months and then swiftly dies because any mention of crowdfunding yields many negative reactions on this board. There have been several false starts over the years and empty promises made that it would be an extremely uphill battle to get anyone here on any united front. It would also be a too many cooks situation. Even, if something was made, it's impossible to please everybody and the ensuing debate over TF content would only guarantee that nobody leaves happy. As for the thoughts on why filmmakers bother making the films they do if they run out of resources for properly filmed transformations, I think you answered your own question. Most (if not all) of these filmmakers do not share a view of TF as a fetish. It is merely a storytelling device. Speaking from personal experience in the entertainment world, walking away from a project because you weren't able to shoot a scene (TF related or otherwise) the way you originally envisioned is not an option. There are investors, contracts, and schedules that must be adhered to during productions. There is often much compromise made during the making of a project. Talented filmmakers can try to make the best given the limitations they are often given to work with. It may be a bummer to watch a great build-up to a transformation and then have it not meet expectations (which are often much too high to begin with) but we all need to take into consideration that this industry is not out to slight us in any way. These are not personal attacks. I would some day like to try my hand at filming a TF-themed short or feature given my particular "insider" viewpoint on the matter, but even if that day does arrive, the TF content must still serve the story I'm trying to tell. Filmmakers who work in the mainstream industry cannot risk the personal and professional careers to appease a niche fetish community. It sucks, but that's pretty much the truth. Content creators like MissaX was specifically catering fetish content toward this community and even she mostly had to end that due to lack of support from the community. End rant.

TL;DR ---- Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
I agree with most of what you have said, but I would point out a couple of clarifications (all my personal point of view, of course):
-It is true that there are some people out there with TF fetish, and some without it. But is is undeniable that the people in general are attracted by the strange, the weirdness, the fantastic, horrible or even gore. It is something that would propably belong to the human nature.
-Most of the movies involving TFs (and especially werewolves) make intensive usage of this material for promotional purposes. Yes, it has been expensive to film that, but as I previously said, people are attracted by these kind of things, although not in the way we are.
-Missa had massive support until her creativity started to go to different fields that were not as popular amongst us. In crude words, she did a fucking master piece with "an american she wolf" and then her werewolf videos went downhill (too explicit in the case of the weresex series, or simply She Wolf XiV and XV are her weakest videos of all). When she started again doing werewolf videos, I will buy again (as I did with She wolf XVI).
-And finally, it is a good sign that you all share your thoughts here, sometimes during the last year I really felt that this was going to die, and most of you (and me) had become quite pessimistic about the werewolf stuff out there. Well, we'll see how this will progress .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2017   #672
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenboggart View Post
Dear howlingfan most of us would like to see female painful transformations. For pleasant transformations you have Missa.
No need to school me on the Missa videos, littlegreenboggart, since I was the first person to commission a she-wolf video from her, as well as offer her tips and tricks, like using a spray bottle filled with water to simulate sweat, something she used in almost every TF video since. So you could say I created a monster, both figuratively and literally (rim shot).