free hit counters
Test-0 Draws Stuff and Posts it Thread (Quickie Sketches 2) - Page 22 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-11-2010   #253
Ran
Unstealthy Lurker

Re: Test-0 Draws Stuff and Posts it Thread (Quickie Sketches 2)

Cute Slug girl. Strange that whilst real slugs creep the hell out of me, certain slug girls can be kind of cute.

As for the commissions...
On the one hand I'm looking forward to see whatever output ends up occuring.

On the other I am reminded of how things got back when you got flooded with TG requests; I've also seen other artists drown in commisions before, although mostly due to the fact that they were slower, big process-y artists, with nowhere near the speed I've seen you work at. That and one of the best things about your art is your creative flair, which is kind of limited if you're drawing what other people want.

Either way I've been suffering under the thumb of unemployment, so I can empathise with a temporary drain on resources, be it for good, altruistic or bad circumstances. I hope things pan out well for you and others involved, whoever and whatever things they may be.

... (On the third hand, I'm glad I've been looking into ways of spending online without having either a credit card or a bank account that lets me buy things with direct debit (stupid paypal))...

Last edited by Ran; 01-11-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010   #254
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

I doubt I'll be getting swamped with commissions. Unlike with TGs, it's not going to be free and that weeds out a lot of people.

On my thoughts on prices, I think $5 for a sketch and $12.50 for a three sketch sequence is a good starting point to try with. Keeping it simple to start off.

The sketches would be what I usually draw up, only I take a bit to clean them up after so they aren't terribly messy and drawn of whatever the person commissioning wanted (within reason and my own person limits). Still messy, but that's just how I draw things. ^^; Three sketch sequence is as it sounds, making a sequence with the three images drawn. Cheaper then just getting three sketches drawn, but only if it's a sequence. If someone wanted a longer sequence, they could just go for two three page sequences and have a nice extended six page sequence.

All my drawings are on 1500x2000 pixel pages done in Photoshop. I could possibly send the commission person the original psd if they so wanted, though that's not much of a good thing, even my psds are messy.

Ah and the primary rule, everything I draw is posted up on either the forums or my DA. No personal only commissions. Though I would hold off posting for a time if asked to by the commission person, if they wanted to post what they paid for on their site first or some odd.

No coloring, no comics, no animations (not that I could pull any off yet anyways). Just plain and simple sketches. It'd be like taking a request, only for money.

Unread 01-11-2010   #255
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Do you take Paypal? Just curious.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010   #256
Dark-Paladin-Duelist
Process Fan

Ditto on the above question.

And if so, would a woman turning into a porcelain doll in a sequence be doable?
Dark-Paladin-Duelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010   #257
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

At the moment Paypal would really be my only useable option, so yeah, Paypal it is.

I've done inanimate tfs before, so a porcelain doll tf could be doable as long as you don't intend to force the idea that the tf is permanent or is directly damaging the person being tfed. Three sketch sequence might be a bit light on the frames needed for full process, unless you decide to use an already existing character, in which case you can skip the normal setup shot that people usually do for the first frame and just go straight to the tf in the first image.

My own personal rules are doing no 'harm' to the characters. That is directly hurting the character, causing pain or damage, or altering their mental ability's in any way. Enslavement and permanence is also a no no, but skirting the issue is easy to do by just not demonstrating such a thing occurring in the actual sketches. There would be no way to convince me to change these rules, they are always there.
Unread 01-11-2010   #258
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

Angry pillow! >:{

This pillow is the ultimate in comfyness and the perfect balance of soft/firm. However, her angry nature also adds barbed points as the trim around many parts. Dangerous but rewarding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AngryPillowPR.jpg (104.8 KB, 72 views)
Unread 01-11-2010   #259
Styerion
Happiness in detachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test-0 View Post
Angry pillow! >:{

This pillow is the ultimate in comfyness and the perfect balance of soft/firm. However, her angry nature also adds barbed points as the trim around many parts. Dangerous but rewarding.
Pillow girls.

You just managed to save my day, Test.
Styerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010   #260
Ran
Unstealthy Lurker

Very much a 'yay' *glomp* 'oww' *glomp* 'ohgodswhy'

Hmm, I shall commence to think of something to have commisioned then.
Unread 01-12-2010   #261
LOD
Tieing a Knot Or two

Her face is breath taking Test ^^

Put me down for a sequence or two also. I want to help out :3

Claire's Project
LOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010   #262
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

Well, you might get your chances soon enough. Sometime tomorrow after work I'll be doing a small test open for commissions. It'll be just be for $5 sketches and only three people max. I have somewhat of an idea of how things should go, but before I go and start doing something more drastic I should get a feel for how things will go. I've got paypal set up as well as I know how to do so and I have a special email address made specifically for commissions. I can't take messages here or on DA for commissions as both message boxes are very full and for non commission work only, so the email address will be the only way to get a commission from me. ^^;

Oh, I should note that the prices are in USD, despite being Canadian. The majority of places on the net use USD as their primary dollar, converting to them from Canadian just makes things needlessly confusing.

So if you're waiting for a sketch or two then might as well take your chance tomorrow. Sequences... not so much. ^^; I'll be releasing the commission email addy some time tomorrow after 3PM (EST). Hopefully it goes smoothly and I don't end up exploding anything. ^^;

Oh and for the test case this information will only be posted here in the forums in this thread, as well as the results of the commissions (usual half sized versions for forums, commission people get the full size versions right off). I'll also be removing the email addy from my post after three people have taken the bait... er, a commission spot.
Unread 01-12-2010   #263
Ran
Unstealthy Lurker

My issue has always been the fact that I live in the land of Eng, miles away from the Usaian shores and those of Canadia. A quick google makes that approx ?3 at 8AM if I work it out correctly. Which means I have a chance of making it. Win.
Unread 01-12-2010   #264
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Agh, how did I miss these? I need to check EE more often. >.<

The Pillow-girl is a neat take on it with the barbs, and the lug-girl is *awesome*.

I won't be able to partake in your commissions, but it's great that you're doing them and I wish you the best of luck.
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote