free hit counters
AI Generated 'Art' - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-17-2023   #25
SuperSecretUserName
Frequent Poster

Re: AI Generated 'Art'

Ok, so this is one I know a bit about, my wife works with AI, neural networks, yanno, that stuff.

First off, the AI part is kind of a misnomer there's not intelligence there, similar to "hoverboards" they don't hover and they're not boards.

How this tech works is it scrapes and samples existing artwork based on search parameters, then blends that art based upon the user selection. Like, for instance, NovelAI a very popular one due to it's nice filtering. Will sample literally thousands of very likely Pixiv shots, in order to compile a single image. Is it directly stolen art? No. It's a derivative, much in the way that some people will trace other people's artwork, then recolor it, and perhaps change the pose a bit. Which... some people do claim that as stolen, in which case I guess it would be. But the core is, it's an art permutator, rather than something which draws art.

As to where it's going? It's probably going to improve, it won't make original art, ever. Because that's not how the system works, but it likely will get much better at stitching art together over time. In many respects it will likely act as a tool for non artists and companies to get "Quick art" for a cheap price.

As to the ramifications of said art... uh, well that's likely to be varied. I sincerely don't see the skilled artist going away any time soon, someone's got to make that original art to sample off, after all. But, I think it will make entry level art much, much more challenging in the near future.
Unread 01-18-2023   #26
Prof_Sai
Instigator

The market for entry level art is already basically zero. The number of artists wildly outstrips the number of paid opportunities. And the fine art community is basically money laundering, so no real demand their either. So so one is going to lose their job over AI art.

What exactly motivates artists then? Probably a desire to see a given novel imaginary work brought into existence. If someone can do that with AI, they might not develop art skills of their own. But if AI can't create original art, then the artist will still need to develop skills - perhaps not the ones we expect, but skills nonetheless.

So the problem is self-correcting IMHO.
Unread 01-20-2023   #27
OhZone
OhYeah!

I dunno. Almost all the sequences I've seen so far don't seem quite right. They look almost like an uncanny valley on a process level. I mean the individual pictures look pretty good but they don't flow quite right as a group and they just don't do it for me.

I'd rather see a drawn sequence by shrinkymini.
Unread 01-20-2023   #28
SuperSecretUserName
Frequent Poster

Many will indeed look off as you say. The stitching process is not exactly flawless at the moment though I imagine that's something that I can see being sorted out in time. As to what that means for art in general. Probably very little aside from the aforementioned.
Unread 01-20-2023   #29
OhZone
OhYeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSecretUserName View Post
Many will indeed look off as you say. The stitching process is not exactly flawless at the moment though I imagine that's something that I can see being sorted out in time. As to what that means for art in general. Probably very little aside from the aforementioned.

True, but just a simple or not-so-simple transformation aint enough anyway. It's much hotter if there is a story around it and other implications and interactions, and a cause for the change, don't you agree, SS?

At least MMD transformations usually use different angles and a lot of camera movement.

But I think stories are the best anyway.
Unread 01-20-2023   #30
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

I've given this topic a bit of thought, and I've come up with what I think could be a good compromise. What if, instead of having the AI select from all available art, we had it select from a specifically curated pool of material that was provided by real artists with their understanding that it'd be used by AI? That would help with the whole "no, this is my art" thing. It's not necessarily a perfect idea, but I think it has some merit.

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
tghawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2023   #31
SuperSecretUserName
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
True, but just a simple or not-so-simple transformation aint enough anyway. It's much hotter if there is a story around it and other implications and interactions, and a cause for the change, don't you agree, SS?

At least MMD transformations usually use different angles and a lot of camera movement.

But I think stories are the best anyway.
Right, and a lot of what you're saying is why I am not worried in the least. While "ai" art can generate images, it cannot create original content. In short it can create, but cannot be creative. It is this split that will continue to make real artists constantly relevant.
Unread 03-04-2023   #32
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

I thought A.I generated art was a neat idea for a bit, but now that DA is so saturated with it, I'm sick of seeing it. Wouldn't be so bad if:

1. It didn't all look the same.
2. People would stop trying to charge money to see "art" that literally nobody made.
3. It weren't used to make extremely creepy stuff.
4. A.I. understood how many hands people have or how many fingers were on said hands.
5. It didn't make people who simply trace look like they're actually trying by comparison.
6. If the mute A.I art feature actually worked so it wouldn't show up in recommendations.

It's almost enough to make me want to quit DA in favor of sites that explicitly don't allow A.I art.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2023   #33
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

^Yes, this! Agreed on all points!

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
tghawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2023   #34
lmorgado
Frequent Poster

If you wish to see transformation sequences based on AI Generated images, I would point to Laser-Wing on DeviantArt. He does some really good pieces on request and I have a few of his he did for me. Here is the link below if you wish to see them.

https://www.deviantart.com/laser-wing/gallery/all

#WherearetheGoodCartoons?
lmorgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2023   #35
resiz3d
I draw 'em tall!

AI is just a tool. You can be lazy and get the same dead-eyed pretty girl look that most people are using AI to generate or you can use it to enhance your own work and plus++ the fuck out of it.

https://www.deviantart.com/resiz3d/a...2018-744267778
vs
https://www.deviantart.com/resiz3d/a...here-947772195

http://www.process-productions.com/f...ad.php?t=20729
vs
https://www.deviantart.com/resiz3d/a...gain-946415335

https://www.deviantart.com/resiz3d/a...ning-829127371
vs
https://www.deviantart.com/resiz3d/a...-Day-946415731

It's also a brand-new tool. Not everyone is able to install it locally on their machine as I have so they're stuck using text prompts. It's the new Photoshop. Give it time.
Unread 03-29-2023   #36
Prof_Sai
Instigator

There are tons more good stuff then there used to be.
There are tons more boring or creepy stuff then there used to be.

The ratio is about the same, so I'm fine with it.