free hit counters
Tropes and Cliches in TG - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-09-2013   #1
Scorch
Process Master

Tropes and Cliches in TG

I just had an idea, litterally 20 seconds ago, about cliches and tropes in the TG subject, I know gender transformation is a trope itself, but what about tropes within the tropes, or cliches. Let's add some.

Trope/cliche (T/C) 1: Chemicals can do anything

How many times has the transformation been caused by an accident in a lab, be it ingestion of chemicals, inhalation of chemicals, standing too close to the mutation ray?

TC2: Radioactive (Wo)Man

A short example of this idea comes from a comic that ran in the UK magazine called "The Viz", in the strip known as Tranny Magnet, where the main character was cursed by dark magic after offending a gipsy woman....he would be irrisistable to transexuals....the strip was crude as the rest of the mag, but a funny story involved Tranny actually scoring with a real woman, and they decide to have sex on the beach, near to Sizewall (a nuclear power station), the radiation transformed the woman into a futa, then as she was about to make the move on Tranny, he was transformed into a woman, leaving the futa uninterested and she chased a beach bully instaid. Not much in it, as it was four page strip.

TC:3 A wizard did it.

Be it Merlin, Loki, God or a cursed Girdle, magic is a big cause of TG in media.

TC4: Hair and nail growth

This trope exists in a lot of TG in media, fanfiction and webcomics. It happened in Dr. Jekyll and Ms Hyde, it happened in several fanfictions and some of Mako's old works. Quite often, nail growth is the first noticable change, followed by hair growth. Some people dislike this trope, asking why or how it happens....sure, changing gender wouldn't techically do this, and some argue if it's a form of hypermetabolism, why dosn't the subjects teeth and toenails grow also, but longer hair and nails makes for a prettier TG'd victim.

TC5: So, you're a nymphomaniac?

Undress, look in the mirror then finger yourself? Seriously, no "Oh my god, what's happened to me?" it's more "What does a female orgasm feel like?" then some time later "oooohhhhh, i'm never changing baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhck!"

Seriously, get your nyphomania checked!

TC6: Unnoticed change

Going by the h-game Xchange, the main character dosn't even notice until he took his top off and looked in the mirror...and he had two e cup boobs on his chest! Seriously, he didn't feel anything as his genetilia shrank and inverted, as his male hormones lowered and estragon filled his body and made him into a hot lady......with nymphomania (see above trope)

Come on guys, any more?
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote