free hit counters
Missed Opportunities for SW in TV / Movies - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-31-2017   #1
SDK
Frequent Poster

Missed Opportunities for SW in TV / Movies

Here's a list I thought of with shows / movies that either had poor SW content, or really could've used some...........

American Horror Story: Coven - Ryan Murphy's horror anthology series featuring witches would've been perfect, as Murphy typically likes to push sex/taboo. I could've easily seen Emma Roberts's character shrinking a woman and using her as a sex toy.

Big Bang Theory - This show has been on the air long enough that they're bound to start reaching for stories, right? Maybe one of the scientists accidentally invents a shrinking potion and one, or more, of the female cast gets shrunk. This one's still on the air, so one can hope.

Nightmare on Elm St - Part 4 had a kinda SW scene with the girl who was turned into a cockroach. I always thought it was implied that Freddy shrunk her when she was in the coach motel, but they could've done the shrinking a little better. Apparently, there was a shrinking woman sequence in one of the many scripts for Freddy v Jason.

American Dad - Still on the air, so it could happen. With some of the crazy stories, and the fact that the show is animated, I'm sort of surprised it hasn't happened.

Lois and Clark - The episode It's a Small World After All could've been legendary for SW fans. But it was a bummer. The episode featured two shrinking women. But, one was already small when the show began. At the end, the female antagonist gets a dose of her own medicine when an entire bottle of her potion falls on her, seemingly shrinking her out of existence. The actress played it really well, but the effect is awful. She screams, we see her lose a little height, then camera cuts away, and we just see a pile of clothes hit the floor. The one halfway decent process sequence was SM.

Weird Science (TV Series) - I sort of remember a brief scene with Vanessa Angel in the pocket of one of the male protagonists, and she mentioned giving shrinking pills to one of the guys. The scene cut to a pile of clothes with a tiny chipmunk voice coming out of it. But, I think this show could've explored SW a lot more.
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2017   #2
Marauder727
Process Fan

Re: Missed Opportunities for SW in TV / Movies

Gotta agree.

Biggest pet peeve is the fact that, when they DO try something involved with shrinking, it usually comes across really hokey. Now when you're talking about a sit-com...yeah, that's usually the way they roll, but there are some shows that could knock it out of the park.

X-Files? Fringe? Sleepy Hollow? Granted, the first two are already off the tv screen for the most part, but any sci-fi or show involving magic or science fiction is rife for opportunities where shrinking of any kind could be done. Problem is, will the writers be willing to do it, and if they do, will they do it well?

Personally, I love QUALITY over quantity. Disney's Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp gave us several really good shrinking scenes for Alice.

I hate going on YouTube and doing a search for shrinking women because probably 95% of the results are cheap, crappy quality, or more 'implied' than actual shrinking. Ali McBeal sitting in an oversized chair...okay, nice visual, but no actual process. Wanna get my attention, and a more physical response? Maybe they can work their magic on some of those superheroes on the CW's DC Universe. Supergirl getting shrunk? Hmmmm, now there's a winner!
Marauder727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2017   #3
SDK
Frequent Poster

Unfortunately, Sleepy Hollow is now canceled.
Unread 06-01-2017   #4
cerilium
in Wonderland

American Dad does have SW since Stan made a micro city in which they was shrunk in to.
cerilium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2017   #5
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerilium View Post
American Dad does have SW since Stan made a micro city in which they was shrunk in to.
Ah, never saw that one.
Unread 06-02-2017   #6
Tiedefender
Process Master

The Incredible Shrinking Woman: should be on the list too. Do to the limitations at the time, the effects look bad a lot of the time. I think they could have found a better actress and some one better looking then Lily Tomlin.

Help I Shrunk My Teacher or original title: Hilfe, ich hab meine Lehrerin geschrumpft. It is a family friendly film aimed at kids. From what I could find the effects look decent. I have no way of knowing if the film is good or bad or what they are saying. However, I think if it was closer to an R rated version would have turned out better. Mostly because you can show more and be less restricted on types of content.
Tiedefender is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2017   #7
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

or the other way around with Emma SDK.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2017   #8
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas View Post
or the other way around with Emma SDK.
That wouldve been great. One of the coven shrinks Emma out of her clothes (its basic cable, so shed have to cover her naughty bits with her giant panties).
Unread 06-03-2017   #9
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedefender View Post
The Incredible Shrinking Woman: should be on the list too. Do to the limitations at the time, the effects look bad a lot of the time. I think they could have found a better actress and some one better looking then Lily Tomlin.

Help I Shrunk My Teacher or original title: Hilfe, ich hab meine Lehrerin geschrumpft. It is a family friendly film aimed at kids. From what I could find the effects look decent. I have no way of knowing if the film is good or bad or what they are saying. However, I think if it was closer to an R rated version would have turned out better. Mostly because you can show more and be less restricted on types of content.
Good call. I have no idea how I forgot Incredible Shrinking Woman. If theres ever an 80s movie begging for a remake, preferably an R rated one with Elizabeth Gilles as Pam Cramer.

For a movie that focuses on a shrinking woman, there are no process scenes, except the end when Pam seemingly shrinks away.
Unread 06-03-2017   #10
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Now your making me want to see a pic of her shrunk out of her clothes.
Unread 06-03-2017   #11
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas View Post
Now your making me want to see a pic of her shrunk out of her clothes.
She'd be a great candidate. If I were to remake ISW, I think Id do it in two halves. If the first half, Pat Kramer (Gilles) shrinks out of her clothes in a 5-10 minute sequence that leaves her five inches tall, and naked, in a pile of giant clothes.

Then, at some point, shes restored to normal, but starts to shrink again, but this time a slow shrink.

The original movie's story with the slow shrink didnt really leave room for a great shrunk out of clothes sequence. Plus, the shock of going from 5 ft whatever to the size of a doll in a matter of minutes is one of the appeals of SW IMHO.
Unread 06-03-2017   #12
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Someone should photomanip her shrunk with her either in the oversize clothes or already shrunk next to a huge pile of clothes.