free hit counters
TaylorMadeClips's Body Expansion Thread - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-15-2009   #37
BudapestSwopeJr
hmmmm

Re: TaylorMadeClips's Body Expansion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoylentOrange View Post
Taylor, one of these days you should invest in a nice stadicam rig. It would really help improve the professional look of your clips to not have it shaking around so much all the time. A nice, stady camera angle with the ability to crane and pan without all the tiny shakes and judders would do wonders for your production values, I think.
I think Taylor's shooting is tremendous. She's got a steady hand while directing from behind the camera and manages to grab great shots without having to cut to get there. My shooting is absolutely atrocious in comparison and I've been doing it since I was 11.
I don't think anyone has ever told us we needed to upgrade our production values.

BudapestSwopeJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009   #38
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Even a steady hand can't compare to a good gyro-stabilized waist-mounted rig. As much as I like your clips it's obvious to anyone that it's just a guy/girl holding a camera in their hands, especially whenever there's any kind of significant movement.

And fair enough, no one's ever said your production values were poor, but by the same token has anyone ever said they were great? Let's be honest here, no one expects great production values from fetish material- but if it had it, wouldn't that create that much more buzz? I mean, your prosthetics have greatly improved over the years- why not do the same for the camerawork?
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009   #39
BudapestSwopeJr
hmmmm

Quote:
Even a steady hand can't compare to a good gyro-stabilized waist-mounted rig.
We really have no need for that. When running up the Philadelphia Art Museum steps becomes a fetish that we shoot then we'll look into dropping $2,500-$13,000 for a low end Steadicam rig.
Quote:
And fair enough, no one's ever said your production values were poor, but by the same token has anyone ever said they were great?
Actually our production values is what stands us apart from the field in most of the fetishes we produce in. That and we have Taylor.

Quote:
I mean, your prosthetics have greatly improved over the years- why not do the same for the camerawork?
Are you sure you have the right TaylorMadeClips? We've been doing inflation for just over a year with the same basic inflatables.

Shooting camera is a skill and its one that Taylor is excellent at.
Fluid tracking shots & pans are stylistic choices--not artistic improvements in their own right.

Consider this... even though we try to get the best acting out of our models through coaching, directing and editing we still end up with our share of wooden actresses. How much more painful would it be with rock-steady, gliding camera movements capturing every nuance of the stilted & awkward performance?

BudapestSwopeJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009   #40
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Hey, if you're happy where you are, then more power to you, I guess. I was just always taught that "Good enough", well, isn't. I was just observing that everything else seems to be on the up and up with the site- just figured it might be time to upgrade the gear to that next level, as it's one of the few areas that could stand some improvement. Aside from, as you mentioned, the occasionally wooden acting, but it's a lot easier to find a steadicam rig than girls that are into this sort of thing I'd wager.
Unread 04-15-2009   #41
Sept
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudapestSwopeJr View Post
We really have no need for that. When running up the Philadelphia Art Museum steps becomes a fetish that we shoot then we'll look into dropping $2,500-$13,000 for a low end Steadicam rig.
If you ever feel the need to do so, you can make a low end one with about $10 worth of PVC pipe.
Unread 04-15-2009   #42
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Er, no, you can't. At least not one that will signifcantly reduce the shakes and twitches of the screen...
Unread 05-01-2009   #43
Sept
Process Fan

You can, or go more towards the $50 range to make a body harness style steadicam. Sure, it won't be perfect, never said it would be.

Example here http://www.instructables.com/id/Impr...rs!-Also-boom/

Or more professional, around $800 http://www.dvinfo.net/articles/camsu...sportster1.php
Unread 05-30-2009   #44
Taylor
TaylorMadeClips.com

Graceland Love Affair
Eris comes back from working at the plant to a warm reception of ice cream from Taylor. She begins to feel strange and then begins to inflate. Taylor acts aloof. Part of the 7VIALS series.