free hit counters
Latest episode of DOCTOR WHO, anyone? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Closed Thread
Unread 11-02-2014   #1
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Latest episode of DOCTOR WHO, anyone?

The Master, one of the Doctor's oldest enemies, has officially regenerated into a woman calling herself "Missy". I bet the show's more conservative fans are having conniptions as we speak - not so much because of Missy, but rather the possibilities it opens up for the Doctor's future regenerations.

Too bad, you little babies. It's a whole new ballgame now.

Unread 11-02-2014   #2
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Re: Latest episode of DOCTOR WHO, anyone?

Wasn't the Master stuck on Gallifrey with the rest of the Time Lords after he tried stealing power from Rassilon?

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*
Unread 11-02-2014   #3
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Honestly...I enjoy checking out the show on netflix...and slowly picking up the DVDs...but on the whole, I've got to agree with the sentiments here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHp1MwBpSjg

Not really any sense of continuity at this point...just change things because we can or because it fits the plot....it's an enjoyable fantasy...but seriously....Daleks every single season...after they've been "wiped out" over and over and over again...

Donate to support an artist!
Unread 11-02-2014   #4
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post
Honestly...I enjoy checking out the show on netflix...and slowly picking up the DVDs...but on the whole, I've got to agree with the sentiments here:

Not really any sense of continuity at this point...just change things because we can or because it fits the plot....it's an enjoyable fantasy...but seriously....Daleks every single season...after they've been "wiped out" over and over and over again...
Most of the plot elements this guy is complaining about were from Russell T. Davies's run. And yeah, he had BIG problems as a writer, but he's been gone for a long time.

I'm definitely concerned about Moffat's flippant attitude towards continuity. I know I'm not the only one who'll want an explanation as to how the Master escaped from an insane Rassilon AND an exploding Gallifrey.

(Yeah, I know the Doctor "saved" Gallifrey in the 50th anniversary special, but it remains to be seen if Moffat will tie that in to the Master's survival.)
Unread 11-02-2014   #5
ZemusTheMetroid
Wanna-be Space Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post

Well, the Daleks every season is for legal reasons. They have to use them once a year due to an agreement with the estate of the guy who came up with them.
Unread 11-02-2014   #6
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZemusTheMetroid View Post
Well, the Daleks every season is for legal reasons. They have to use them once a year due to an agreement with the estate of the guy who came up with them.
I'm sure they could come up with some more original plots though. The insane dalek episode was great, but they still didn't need to have another [massive] dalek fleet present to run it.

Donate to support an artist!
Unread 11-02-2014   #7
RavenRift
TG Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
[...] but rather the possibilities it opens up for the Doctor's future regenerations.

Too bad, you little babies. It's a whole new ballgame now.
The Corsair didn't raise this flag seasons ago? He was apparently a woman several times, and was a nasty (kinky) little thing.

And there was even a regeneration where the doctor thought he was a woman.

The idea was raised a while ago, I guess only now people are realizing it's a possibility. in fact, I forget the name, but it was almost not Peter Capaldi and was a woman instead. Or, at least a woman was in the running.
Unread 11-02-2014   #8
Nihtgenga
Come into my parlour...

Ah, so I see this time they're not Dalek bumps...
Unread 11-02-2014   #9
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

Haha, once she said "I'm the one you abandoned," my first thought was "Oh my gosh, she's the Master!!"

As for the potential for a female Doctor in the future, it won't/shouldn't happen as long as Moffat is in charge. He has a bad habit of writing women (not all, mind you) in a not-so-flattering way, and having the Doctor be a woman would just be... "bad."

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
Unread 11-02-2014   #10
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenRift View Post
The Corsair didn't raise this flag seasons ago? He was apparently a woman several times, and was a nasty (kinky) little thing.
The Corsair was an off-the-cuff remark made by the Doctor, so it was easier for most fans to simply dismiss it with some hand-waving, i.e. "Oh, yeah, there was this guy called the Corsair who switched genders one time, he was always bit of a weirdo." The Master, on the other hand, has been a major recurring character on the series since the early '70's, which carries a LOT more impact.

Quote:
And there was even a regeneration where the doctor thought he was a woman.
That was a gag Matt Smith dropped when he felt his hair after regenerating. Nothing more.

Quote:
The idea was raised a while ago, I guess only now people are realizing it's a possibility. in fact, I forget the name, but it was almost not Peter Capaldi and was a woman instead. Or, at least a woman was in the running.
For the record, the idea was actually first raised by Tom Baker when he was leaving the show in 1981. He suggested it to producer John Nathan-Turner; at the time, Baker just thought it would be a good joke to pull on the press. But fans have been speculating about the concept of a female Doctor ever since.

Last edited by Dr. Otto; 11-02-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Unread 11-02-2014   #11
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

We need a minisode with John Simm's Master regenerating into Missy.
Unread 11-03-2014   #12
Prof_Sai
Instigator

It's practically a tradition that we never know how the Master escapes from however the last episode ends. One story in TOS he burns to death on screen, and then just shows up again the next year saying "I'm indestructible."

But in the forum I visit, everyone seems to have known this was coming. They have bigger problems with other aspects of this season: Moon egg, Magic forest, ect.
Closed Thread