free hit counters
Artist with dececnt prices. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-18-2014   #1
Easy
Process Fan

Artist with dececnt prices.

Anyone know good tf artists with decent prices, that don`t ask like 50 dollar per page.
Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014   #2
mysteryman29
Frequent Poster

Re: Artist with dececnt prices.

I would highly recommend Arania. She has done a wide variety of work and does not mind working on long sequences over a period of months which also helps break up the payments. She is also open to pretty much any subject matter.

I find her rates to be quite reasonable:

Penciled Illustrations:
Comic-Style Page - $35.00
1-Character - $12.00
2-Character - $20.00

Here's her site:
http://arania.kamiki.net/
mysteryman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014   #3
Easy
Process Fan

Yeah but she is closed.
Unread 06-18-2014   #4
mysteryman29
Frequent Poster

Yes for now, but if there is a specific commission you're interested in, at least send her an email and see what her schedule is like. I'm sure she'll find a way to fit you into her schedule at some point.
Unread 06-18-2014   #5
Easy
Process Fan

Well looking for a anime styled commission like aji on furaffinity, but 135 dollar for a comic page sheesh.
Unread 06-18-2014   #6
xkenja
Leecher

For aji it's 135 for a 3-page color comic, so $45 a page, which is reasonable.
xkenja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014   #7
shinchan1
Frequent Poster

pay the artists what they are worth. A good professional artist is going to be around that price range. I've always thought Arania undercharges herself. It takes time to create art!
shinchan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014   #8
mysteryman29
Frequent Poster

Agreed. One of the reasons I haven't taken the plunge and begun accepting commissions for my photomanips is that they are very time consuming with the detail and blending I try to put into them and people tend to not be willing to pay $100-$150 for a single manip. But when you break it down into an hourly rate, that amounts to quite little for the artist.
Unread 06-18-2014   #9
something-wild
Evil Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman29 View Post
Agreed. One of the reasons I haven't taken the plunge and begun accepting commissions for my photomanips is that they are very time consuming with the detail and blending I try to put into them and people tend to not be willing to pay $100-$150 for a single manip. But when you break it down into an hourly rate, that amounts to quite little for the artist.
agreed

http://something-wild.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/something-wild/
something-wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014   #10
Buzy
Process Fan

When you come to art, you'll generally get what you pay for. Most artists who do this professionally will generally calculate how much time something takes them and will adjust price in consequences. Or, particularly livestreams based artists, charges hourly.

Nobody wants to do produces something which takes them hours to produces only to make less than minimal wage.

There -are- people who do. But generally they are either :
A-People who do this in their free time and have a "proper" job. As such, they are often the kind of people most prone to drop a commission or taking commissions in general if it stops being "fun" and/or become cause for burn-out when trying to mix this with their main job in their schedule.

B-People who're new at this and are either afraid of charging too much and scaring away commissioners or just underestimate the time investment of a particular type of piece versus what they charged for. This is especially prevalent amongst younger artists who often think it will be a "fun" thing to do... until they get in over their head and/or either shape up or give up. As such, they are oft equally prone to giving-up/burn out than those for whom it's a spare time thing(which is often the case for the younger artists as well who are often taking such works while also at school).

As for comic pages just recall one fact: You're talking about a page with multiple panels. which might sound simpler than a multiple-page work and in some cases it might be. However, you're still basically talking the equivalent of multiple images(almost multiple "pages" in some case) in a single image, which can often actually prove to be additional(rather than less) work due to have to make/draw all those panels but also the additional challenge of composition and layout so the placement of the panel look good but also making sure the composition/layout of the content of the individual panels also look nice and good as well.

There's a reason most TF artists who've done comics in the past rapidly give up on comic as a commission despite how many praise they might have gone over them or at best make them a limited deal thing with few openings(and still relatively high costs). It's often just not worth the time investment for what people are willing to pay for them.
Buzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014   #11
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by something-wild View Post
agreed
Ditto
KrustyTheSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014   #12
Grievous