free hit counters
Mimimum hight needed to... - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-28-2007   #1
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Mimimum hight needed to...

I just did a quick calculation and determined that 29 inches (2 ft 5 in) seems to be the minimum size needed to turn a door knob. (Your hands would just be able to grasp the knob enough to turn it.)

For a story about a slow shrink, these kinds of landmarks would be very important. Lets come up with the minimum heights for various other activities. How big do you need to be to drive an ordinary car? Order at a restaurant? Shop at a grocery store?
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007   #2
Akurei
Evolved Hydralisk

Well, if you needed to be 29 inches to graps a door knob with any hope of opening it, then I would assume you can extrapolate from that and say that they can "reach" anything about that height, meaning they (the person in question) probably would not be able to do many day to day tasks with any sort of ease. (As I could imagine most things are roughly at or above door knob height.) That being said, I would assume a sort of social "tolerance" for being short would stop around four and a half feet or so before you get too small to safely drive or anything like that.
Unread 08-28-2007   #3
Prof_Sai
Instigator

You have to be about 4' 4" to order at Chipotle restaurant. Below that, you can't see over the counter to where the food is laid out. Most other resturaunts are okay as long as you can get through the door.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007   #4
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post
I just did a quick calculation and determined that 29 inches (2 ft 5 in) seems to be the minimum size needed to turn a door knob. (Your hands would just be able to grasp the knob enough to turn it.)

For a story about a slow shrink, these kinds of landmarks would be very important. Lets come up with the minimum heights for various other activities. How big do you need to be to drive an ordinary car? Order at a restaurant? Shop at a grocery store?
In Indiana if you're under 4'11" you have to use a booster seat, adult or not. I got a ticket for that by an officer. So it would also depend upon the location of your slow shrink if it's acceptable to drive a car at 4'6".
That off course doesn't count for scooters and mopeds actually... which could still be driven.

The counters at Quadoba are taller then most, in my opinion. Another idea, how big would you need to be for drive through before you're not heard anymore, or having to reach out of your car to pay for food.

Sorry just my two cents.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking

Last edited by Janus Steel; 08-29-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007   #5
Transformationist
Lurker

I love the idea of shrinking and driving. This is an episode of the BEAddventure I wrote a long time ago...heavily influence by 'Slumber Party', which I had just read.

http://www.bearchive.com/~addventure...76/276232.html
Transformationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007   #6
MadmanDarkHeretic
Bouncy Dragongirl of Love

Heh, I remember that one. =)
MadmanDarkHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007   #7
gladewalker
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirlinthloth View Post
In Indiana if you're under 4'11" you have to use a booster seat, adult or not. I got a ticket for that by an officer. So it would also depend upon the location of your slow shrink if it's acceptable to drive a car at 4'6".
That off course doesn't count for scooters and mopeds actually... which could still be driven.

The counters at Quadoba are taller then most, in my opinion. Another idea, how big would you need to be for drive through before you're not heard anymore, or having to reach out of your car to pay for food.

Sorry just my two cents.
You got a ticket for being short? =-/
WTF
gladewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007   #8
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladewalker View Post
You got a ticket for being short? =-/
WTF
Officially the citation he gave me was for possible danger to myself and others by not obeying child safety laws. Perhaps the most bogus ticket I've ever received. He was just an asshole cop, no offense, looking to make his quota of tickets for the month.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007   #9
gammera1976
Process Master

I hate asshole cops. They do these type of things just to get their quota.
gammera1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007   #10
Smaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirlinthloth View Post
In Indiana if you're under 4'11" you have to use a booster seat, adult or not. I got a ticket for that by an officer.
you got a ticket for that? so how tall are you?
Unread 08-31-2007   #11
Sailordolly
The Tiny Sailor Senshi

If the restriction applies to people over 21 as well as younger, then it should not be called a "child safety law".
Sailordolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007   #12
Transformationist
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailordolly View Post
If the restriction applies to people over 21 as well as younger, then it should not be called a "child safety law".
Mini Safety Law, perhaps?
Transformationist is offline   Reply With Quote