free hit counters
A thing - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-19-2018   #1
Bantlebroth
Lurker

A thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2lNn5l6miY
Bantlebroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018   #2
Raso719
Frequent Poster

Re: A thing

Damn she got small. Thanks for sharing!
Always with the dancing. Never with the touching themselves or making out or something.
Raso719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018   #3
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Nope. I don't like anything anymore.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018   #4
shrinky428
Frequent Poster

That was really great! I have to watch it with the sound down though. I love how it's mostly from her perspective in terms of scale - the viewer's perspective shrinks along with the girl's. There are a bunch of great shots where you can tell the background is slowly growing, but it's subtle. That was cool. I didn't quite follow the change in perspective. it took me a while to realize it was a microscope. and i don't know what she was supposed to be standing on at the end. I guess you can't make her do anything other than dance? This stuff has great potential.
shrinky428 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018   #5
OhZone
OhYeah!

I like these shrink dances but Raso is right. It would be cooler if she reacted to them in different ways than just keeping dancing. Oh well.

Oh! And Bantlebroth! How did you find it?! What search terms did you use ?!

Last edited by OhZone; 01-19-2018 at 09:23 PM.
OhZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #6
Bantlebroth
Lurker

I'm amused at how vague I left this entry, and the subsequent posts which go explaining what happens in the video. Furthermore, comments that the video isn't to everyone's liking so things need to change.

Turns out, oddly enough, that I think the video is perfect the way it is. From the facial reactions of the bystanders, to the hare's head tilted up and following down along the path.

The music and dancing is great. The video is great. I really enjoyed the three scenes/stages that were used, and as far as shrinking content, I think it more than fits the bill.

So, yeah.

I think the video is awesome. No need for change at all.

Weird, eh?

(Oh oh oh, and if you look closely in the final act, our protagonist has tears welled up in her eyes because she's resigned herself to this fate. A beautiful touch.)

Last edited by Bantlebroth; 01-21-2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Oh oh oh
Unread 02-17-2018   #7
swfn
Mad Scientist

Wow! What an awesome one (if you play it without sound). I still wonder whether it is difficult or not to learn how to generate these animations with MMD. I guess the characters and (dancing) animations probably are already implemented, as stated above, so hopefully it may not require major design skills. I should give it a try if that is the case.
Unread 02-19-2018   #8
Bantlebroth
Lurker

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It took me about six months of dabbling in MMD to figure out what's what. There are great tutorials out there that are very easy to find and play along with, but I immersed myself from the onset.

I started watching youtube videos and picking the songs/animations/cameras/characters that I really liked. (My reasoning was: If I was going to spend an hour or so modifying things around, I might as well not kill my ears to something I dislike in the process.) Once I found a good video, there were often links in the comments to where those base files (song/char/cam/motion) could be downloaded.

Then I just mixed and matched, putting Character X into Music Video Y. If I wanted to include something like a potted plant or a ruler for scale, I'd figure out how to manipulate the x/y/z coordinates, and that introduced me to manipulating character movements over the course of the number of frames I'd deigned.

Addons were big. I learned how to use the ScaleG accessory, which meant that shrinking and growth modifications were in my hands. I learned about PMX Editor, which allows the creation and modification of the 3d models; it also allowed for isolated manipulation of specific pieces of those models (so that meant breast expansion and uneven size difference were available).

Really though, just to start and not get overwhelmed, just go find an MMD music video you like, get the relevant music file and a 3d model you think looks nice, and a background stage that you find interesting. Then download those, throw them together, and enjoy how it plays. Later, change the model. See how it works out.

But always have fun.
Unread 02-19-2018   #9
swfn
Mad Scientist

That sounds very interesting, many thanks for all the explanation. Precisely I was watching a couple of days ago a tutorial and indeed does not seem that difficult once you are used to all the features. There are already sets of movements available (mainly to make the characters dance), which makes things easier.

I have also seen that you can even change at will the facial expressions of the characters at any point, which answers the question of Raso719 and OhZone: yes, it is possible to make them look scared or shocked, touching themselves, etc. while they are shrinking, but this seems to require quite extra work.