free hit counters
Really Bizarre Japanese Films (clips) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-08-2009   #1
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Really Bizarre Japanese Films (clips)

Well, finally got around to it (in the process of looking for other clips). I've decided that rather than attempt to stick these in one of my other threads (since despite their general process themes, there really isn't as much shown as I'd like) - I'll just give them their own thread here.

Now for each one I'll give a bit of background - and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND checking out the actual DVDs for the full movies (some will be on netflix, others are subtitled imports) - they may not all be Citizen Kane, but they're all very entertaining flicks.

That said, some of them (I'll note individually as I post them) are extremely graphic and viewer discretion is advised.

For some reason I'm having some issues getting the subs to show up - if anyone has dvdshrink tips, I could use the advice re: partial rips. I'll be frank though, you're not really missing too much important dialog in any of these clips ;p

First up, we'll go with a low-budget ball-breaker "Meatball Machine" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0820111/). I would term this tf a human to machine TF (of a sort) - or good to evil to put it another way. Fairly graphic in parts - and admittedly with more time I could probably edit it a little shorter. Oh well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z05GABTI

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009   #2
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Really Bizarre Japanese Films (clips)

Next I've got a bit from "10 Nights of Dreams" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0899224/) - really a rather bizarre anthology film mixing avant garde with traditional Japanese horror as well as some techno and anime clips (some segments are MUCH better than others - so the whole thing evens out a bit) - worth a rental at least just for a few of the bits.

This is the woman to pig TF I talked about on the TF board a few months back. Very disappointing overall - so much potential left unused - but worth a quick look for the hell of it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z1RFLKB5

Unread 06-08-2009   #3
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Another one I've talked about repeatedly: Tokyo Gore Police (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183732/). Another very fun movie but incredibly graphic - not for the kiddies! I'll grant you it's all fake (a couple steps above Troma IMO), but still pretty wild - I'd call it Evil Dead/Evil Aliens level gore - but then Evil Dead didn't have a guy getting his dick bitten off and growing a cannon to replace it....Evil Aliens is a little closer ;p (maybe Undead as well - need to watch that one again too).

This is a clip from the middle - interesting visit to a truly messed up fetish club. Again, I highly recommend checking out the DVD on netflix (or even xbox live movies) - or just buying it. I haven't even ripped the excellent scenes with a quad amputee with samurai swords or machine guns for limbs or the school girl squirting acid from her breasts and melting another cop.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TW0T95I4

BTW, any feedback on these - quality, etc - is appreciated (I already mentioned the subs issue).

Unread 06-08-2009   #4
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

The last clip for tonight is from Survive Style 5+ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430651/). Not sure it's worth trying to describe the plot (there isn't one - just a bunch of meandering, intersecting characters in some incredibly bizarre situations - including Tadanobou Asano and Vinnie Jones.

I highly recommend checking out the complete film if you have the chance (and a region-free player - it's only on DVD in the UK and Japan - subtitled too) - this really is an amazing film visually - and thematically too - even if it takes some getting used to.

This clip finds Asano returning home from burying his wife (whom he's already killed and buried a couple times in the film ) - naturally both women you'll see in this clip are....his wife.

Not so much process...but something....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GNWMIUCA

Unread 06-08-2009   #5
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Another one I completely forgot about - quickie since it's just a trailer I had on my hd.

A rather apt title, IIRC the literal translation is "Woman Transformation" or something along those lines. A horror flick with some Japanese folk-lore related tfs (some bits shown in the trailer, but I'm not too familiar with the details). An archive search on twitchfilm.net will probably bring up more details if anyone's interested. Not sure if it ever had a subtitled dvd release or not.
Attached Files
File Type: mov woman_transformation.mov (3.02 MB, 1409 views)

Unread 06-08-2009   #6
shampoohat
Frequent Poster

wow awesome posts man. thanks for the clips!
shampoohat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009   #7
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Crazy stuff man, thanks for posting it.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009   #8
LostHopeOfDusk
Do not pet the kitty

Woman transformation was the only one I liked....
LostHopeOfDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009   #9
Hugo Prosperio
Mansion Moderator

That "Women Transformation" one looks really fucked up...even by Japanese standards.

My Gumroad
My Patreon

Featuring stories of Bodily Transformation and Wonder
Hugo Prosperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009   #10
ashe5k
Transformer

Wow. Just....wow.
Unread 06-10-2009   #11
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Thanks for the feedback. I need comments from folks here to let me know if anyone is actually interested in clips like this or if I'm wasting my evenings after work ripping stuff nobody wants to see.

Future clips may include bits from "The Great Yokai War", "Dororo" and others - just need to rewatch several movies and parse 'em a bit to see how much is worth pulling.

If this isn't process-heavy enough for anyone, I can stop. No issues. I have a few other more process heavy clips from other films to pull for my other clip threads. Scheduled...pending...

Unread 06-10-2009   #12
minamisouth
heading where its warm

btw whose the actress in your sig is she from MM?
minamisouth is offline   Reply With Quote