free hit counters
My TG Sequence - Page 6 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-09-2007   #61
flango
BE/TF/TG Enthusiast

I'm pleased aswell hmmm, I never thought that it would go this far, but it seems a few people like my ideas Good work on the final bunny-me aswell

Link drawn by BSB
flango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007   #62
genderhazard
Spell I bought is work'n

A GIF(t) for KARMA
Attached Images
File Type: gif karma_light_change.gif (20.5 KB, 132 views)
genderhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007   #63
Kumi-Chan
Pink Princess

That is some pretty cool stuff. Nicely done.

*nothing more to see here move on*
Kumi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007   #64
Very_Good_Karma
Likes Happy Endings

Genderhazard - Thank you for the avatar! I had tried animating it before but I always threw out the stoplight arrangement; I am once again impressed by your ideas. How did you get the file size so small?

[Hmmm!] - Dude, you read my mind! I've been meaning to write up a detailed request for you to finish the Bunny Outfit in panel 7. Getting it the right size to match up with the winking animation is going to be a pain though- can you go back and re-scan it really, really big? If you get me a higher resolution version it will be easier to fine-tune the resampling to the right size. In general, as I get better with the resampler, the larger the scan is the better for me- it still matters how large you draw it, because of line weight, (I can adjust that some with filters, like gamma correction) but too much resolution is quickly losing its drawbacks. Also, could you finish the hip hem and her bow-tie?

And the clouds are great, of course. Thank you again.

Musical Process: The Process Forum Soundtrack
Very_Good_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007   #65
flango
BE/TF/TG Enthusiast

I've done another one with the bridal meme
Attached Images
File Type: gif metg2.gif (366.2 KB, 190 views)

Link drawn by BSB

Last edited by flango; 11-09-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: forgot attachment
flango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007   #66
Very_Good_Karma
Likes Happy Endings

I've still got one major nagging issue with the bunny sequence. I really like the original final panel- I think the idea of a bubbly bunnygirl who can talk to animals annoying the forest creatures is hilarious- but the fact that she can talk to animals isn't established during the comic. The joke relies on you having read the meme beforehand, and not really expecting the bonus process to be thrown in too. I've considered trying to work the text of the meme into the animation somewhere, but it feels really out of place. Does anybody have some ideas on how we can work the talking-to-animals thing in more smoothly?

Flango - Please, for pete's sake don't distract me into trying to make an animation of the bridal sequence too! I'm already obsessed with the bunny one! Nice work, though.

Genderhazard - I tweaked the avatar you made for me and slowed it waaay down- it's timed like an actual stop light now, just in reverse! Plus it can get annoying if it's constantly changing. Here's a version I made way back but never used, just so you can see.

The whole time I was working on it, I never realized it was the stoplight arrangement that made the thing work to begin with- that's how you're helping me.
Attached Images
File Type: gif karma_change_01.gif (5.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Very_Good_Karma; 11-09-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Unread 11-09-2007   #67
genderhazard
Spell I bought is work'n

Signs Of Trouble

here is one drawn by Test-0 for Ran.

I think it is an improvement over the one I did for flango.

Karma glad you enjoy the light. Your count down inspired title cards for this one. it is a very nice synergistic effect we have going here. I don't know how the file got so small I just grabbed your Avatar.

Flango very nice pan
Attached Images
File Type: gif ran.gif (887.7 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by genderhazard; 11-09-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Unread 11-09-2007   #68
Very_Good_Karma
Likes Happy Endings

Genderhazard - Very nice! You've done some very good work making little changes to draw out the transformation. I really like the way the hips change seems to accelerate towards the end. The signs also really, really help the animation feel like a coherent story.

Anyway, if you're gonna start titling things I figure I might as well reveal the title I've been sitting on for the bunny animation. So, here's another screen test. This is just the first half of the transformation, trying to see what can be done to draw it out.
Attached Images
File Type: gif close-up_test.gif (608.0 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by Very_Good_Karma; 11-09-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Unread 11-10-2007   #69
genderhazard
Spell I bought is work'n

Karma, Glad you like it.

Some suggestions on your work-in progress. The split screen shot could be divides ala Samuari Jack the top or bottom could appear first followed by the other image. Or the gap could be filled with lettering for a sound effect.

One other thought I had was since these are silent films, perhaps cards in between the action to tell the story like they did in days of old.
Attached Images
File Type: gif genderhazard zoom 2.gif (113.8 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by genderhazard; 11-10-2007 at 05:54 AM. Reason: ADDED END PRODUCTION CREDIT
Unread 11-10-2007   #70
Very_Good_Karma
Likes Happy Endings

Nice logo! You might want to make your scraps loop though; I missed the action when I loaded it the first time and GIFs don't have play controls.

You know the title card idea might be just the thing. I'll try that.

I didn't really like the way the split-screen was turning out but I'm trying to finish it just so I can be sure of the technique. [Hmmm!] drew the transformation full-panel, and breaking it up only seems to detract from it.

I'm still having trouble with transition effects; I tried to use blur going into and out of split screen but it didn't really work. Plus blur seems to feel the need to darken the image.

You've got more effects than me- I see a lot of GIF animators making use of the one you used below in the first file. So here's the PNGs for the in and out frames of the split screen- could you try applying the same filter to them and sending them back to me? (Could you do it in stages if it has more than one intensity setting, or multiple times to get me multiple frames with varying levels of effect?)

EDIT: I went ahead and added the middle file in case you want to mess around with the segment yourself.
Attached Images
File Type: png stretch-blur-effect.png (35.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png panel-04_nobubbles.png (65.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png closeups-1.png (59.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png closeups-3.png (75.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png panel-05_nobubbles.png (83.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png closeups-2.png (76.3 KB, 24 views)

Unread 11-10-2007   #71
Very_Good_Karma
Likes Happy Endings

Whoa. Alright, thanks, I got 'em all, you can take em down. Sorry, I should have been clearer; I just thought you'd send me like 4 or 8 files to get a feel for the effect- I'm not sure I can use even a fraction of these. Do you know how to use selections and masks? I'm still figuring out masks myself; but on some of these you've sent me the 'wind' coming off the borders ruins the image. In my program- Paintshop Pro 4- you can apply 'filters' (effects, etc) to just a selected area. That's how I added the colors in the first screen test.

Try opening panel-04_nobubbles.png, then selecting everything but the outside border, and just sending me wind at 20% and 40%. Then open closeups-1.png, select just the areas inside the two close-up 'panel borders', and do the same percentages. That's just four files. For it to be useful you need to be able to completely avoid getting parts of the borders.

Unread 11-10-2007   #72
hmmm!
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by genderhazard View Post
Nothing specific, There are several simple story's that could be done. As I wrote before, I think a team approach drawing on individual strenghts would achieve the greatest results.

So I suppose the first question is what do you like to draw. For example I really REALLY like the stone work on the well. If that is something you enjoy than stories could be tailored to things you like to draw. such as a jeckle/hyde transformation in a midevil castle. If you don't it could be a jeckle/hyde transformation in a modern laboratory.
Well, there's very little I do mind drawing so I'd likely be alright with whatever shot in th dark you took. But I do like drawing stone. 'Tis fun.

And Karma, sorry, in my haste I forgot to finish the hip and bow of the bunny. I've finished them now and I made it bigger as you asked. Just let me know if it's too big or not big enough.

And, what is everything you currently need me to draw for this?
Attached Images
File Type: png completed bunny.png (256.8 KB, 201 views)
hmmm! is offline   Reply With Quote