free hit counters
Comic + Story: The Dangers of Summoning A Trickster Spirit - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-10-2014   #1
YetAnotherLurker
aka Chloe

Comic + Story: The Dangers of Summoning A Trickster Spirit

Story/idea by me, art by http://herretik.deviantart.com/

"Aisis was feeling very, very dumb.
She had felt like playing a few silly pranks for April Fool's day. She thought it could be a good idea to summon a trickster spirit to help her put some magic into it. She did not read the spellbook's fine print, however, and she quickly found out that ironically, the trickster spirit Šárka did not like being summoned by people who don't follow *every* rule she has in her ritual. Next thing she knew, the young witch was around three inches tall, stark naked in the ocean of her own clothing. Desperately holding on to the necklace she was wearing only a few minutes ago, she started praying to every god and goddess she knew, to no avail. The worst thing, she knew exactly why they wouldn't answer - what she did was her own doing. Her predicament was her fault, and gods almost never interfered with human affairs, especially not to get you out of a hole you dug yourself in.
Twenty minutes passed before Melanie discovered her. She picked up the necklace with Aisis still holding on to it. The normal-sized girl was trying - and failing - to hide her laughter.

Melanie: *giggle* Let me guess. Trickster spirit?
Aisis: Yeah.
Melanie: Did you try summoning her again to ask her to grow you back?
Aisis: I'm not sure that's such a great idea. She might just as well shrink me again, and I don't wanna end up ant-sized... And I think it's too late anyway, the summoning time window for Sarka has closed til next year.
Melanie: So what will you do now?
Aisis: I don't know...
Melanie: How do you feel?
Aisis: Really? You're asking me that? Mel, I'm tiny. I'm naked. And I'm stuck like this at least for a year, maybe forever if she doesn't feel like changing me back. It feels horrible! I'm scared!
Melanie: Well, I may have some good news. I'm close to the sun spirit Sunniva, I could summon her during the summer solstice and ask her to reverse the spell. As a summer spirit, she tends to like making things grow...
Aisis: Summer solstice!!?? ... *sigh* Two and a half months is better than a year I guess. But... What will I do now?
Melanie: Are you kidding? Think of it as a two month vacation! Eating won't cost you anything! A bag of chips will last you weeks! I can sneak you into theaters and you can watch movies for free! You're too small to do any chores...
Aisis: Okay, okay, I get it. Being small ain't that bad. Do you still have that dollhouse? And maybe some doll clothes I could wear?
Melanie: You mean you want to stay here? Hmmm... I dunno... You know the landlord doesn't allow pets...
Aisis: Hey! Screw you.
Melanie: Haha! Just messing with ya."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiccan_magic_by_herretik-d7mrpa92.jpg (310.2 KB, 393 views)
YetAnotherLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2014   #2
Red Parrot
Visual Innovator

Re: Comic + Story: The Dangers of Summoning A Trickster Spirit

I really enjoyed this.

Short stories usually don't get my attention, but when there's an image involved it sort of shifts it into being a long captain. In this case it really worked.
Red Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote