free hit counters
Transfur needs funding - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-03-2017   #25
Buzy
Process Fan

Re: Transfur needs funding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Dragon View Post
I've spoken to one of the staff for transfur, and they asked for some advice on a "facelift" on the site. I've recommended a sort of highlight of artists from the transfur community just to give an opportunity for it to be a bit more involved. I agree wholeheartedly in that a lot of the more generalized sites such as furaffinity, sofurry, furrynetwork, etc. Have really convoluted finding transformation material and will end up being the "go-to". No matter how you angle it, transformation in itself has integrated in the "furry" genre and will maintain so if now expand within it. If there's any direction that transfur can take, is that it tears down boundaries and open up a bit to that sort of thing.
Had similar discussions with some friends.

Ironically a lot of the interest I saw from people outside transfur for the site hasn't been from furries, but instead "creatures" artists who may have galleries on furry websites but never identified as such; people who like to draw werewolves but also the likes of monstrous demons and eldritch things be them SFW or not.

So an expanding of the boundaries could potentially create something interesting, as a lot of these artists just don't feel there's "any" website that feel really like "their" place; their interest in Transfur also came as though they post on furry websites, their "monster" artwork often felt like it would be closer to some of the themes found in TF works than the average furry works.

Personally I wouldn't mind if that happened as sincerely, a lot of these artists were *very* skilled, some of them on the Gryf(iirc how his name is spelled) level of borderline photographic paintings skill.
Buzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2017   #26
queenofprussia2006
Frequent Poster

Re: Transfur needs funding

Well as I recall matters decades ago "transformation" couldn't have stood on
its own,and had found a home in the horror genre in such comic bookes
as "Tales of the Unexpected/Unexpected"
Eerie and Creepy.

Even the horror paperbacks from the late 1970's and 1980s
had their tf stuff.

When XMen had Storm turning into a brood queen,that was definitely horror

Phoenix was much gentler,but then of course had to go threaten the existence
of Earth and go smash herself up on the
Moon.

Didn't care much for the Brood,but I found Phoenix pretty cool.

I kept buying the next issue of XMen hoping they'd bring her back somehow

But apparently she'd smashed herself up pretty good on the Moon
queenofprussia2006 is offline   Reply With Quote