free hit counters
Transfur needs funding - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-22-2016   #1
AdminstratorDraven
Rumaur Starforce Officer

Transfur needs funding

Link

Basically Transfur is currently a bit strapped for cash and if we want it to persist it's going to need some money.

Draven has Spoken

The next stage of Human Evolution is Here, Darwin Accelerated

Tau'va!
AdminstratorDraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2016   #2
Galyo
Process Fan

Re: Transfur needs funding

Nice. I hope they go bankrupt. Horrible website run by horrible people.
Galyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2016   #3
SavageFlesh
Predatory Metamorphosis

The site certainly needs some improvements.

However being able submit whole sequences in one post and easily scrolling through the pages while viewing is awesome. Perfect for TF content. Wish other sites adopted this.
Unread 12-28-2016   #4
770megaman
Potatoe god

Why are they horrible?
770megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2016   #5
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

What the heck, Galyo. Without more detail to that comment, you just sound like a troll, dude.

-C
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2016   #6
bcislandguy
Process Fan

I don't even go there anymore, all the tf artists that do the really cool stuff have left to do their own patreons and stuff now, all the art i ever see there now is super cartoon like, sketch or no process....its just basic furry stuff and furaffinity or deviant art has tons more stuff
bcislandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2016   #7
DarkMWE
Frequent Poster

To me, the site is a bit redundant. Very few new posts, next to nothing good. There are others that receive a lot more traffic and host a much more diverse gathering of artwork; some, so much more, that finding the art is more of a problem than having a simple lack of it.

Transfur is a decent site, I just don't think it's worth it. Not for two or three posts a week. Maybe. If you're lucky... Most artists who post at Transfur have a real webgallery at FurAffinity, DeviantArt, or one of the many other sites, and post to Transfur as an afterthought.

That's not to say I don't visit each day. It's just to say that I don't see much new work, and I don't see the point of donating to it if there are no significant benefits to the artists.

I've been here for nearly 25 years now. I watched Transfur from it's inception. I can't really say it's grown much. It's a good hobby, something to play with if it's free, but not something I'd invest in.
DarkMWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2016   #8
Amahain
Process Master

I visit it from time to time, but I agree that it's a bit redundant given that much of the same art is cross-posted on FA or DA. Except for Coffee Man/Juan Valdez's stuff, which to this day is still some of my favourite TF art that's exclusively on Transfur (he still posts art, though rather infrequently).

That said, the site really needs a bit of a redesign. We can already browse by species, but it would be nice to browse by other tags like sexual content and gender (like at FA) or add custom filters. Of course, that would require tagging thousands of images from the last decade and a half, which is quite a project.
Unread 12-30-2016   #9
dorintf
Process Master

I'd say it's worth keeping around just because of the history of the site, the specific TF search features, and the sheer volume of TF art. It has definitely fallen from my favorite TF site these days though. It hasn't updated its look or features for years.
dorintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2016   #10
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Yep, from time to time I have a look at the new atwork, even though most of it is drawing art, and I prefer digital, photomanipulations or CG stuff. But you are right, it is a piece of history from the TF community in Internet.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2016   #11
Shadow_Dragon
Evil Dragon oooh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMWE View Post
To me, the site is a bit redundant. Very few new posts, next to nothing good. There are others that receive a lot more traffic and host a much more diverse gathering of artwork; some, so much more, that finding the art is more of a problem than having a simple lack of it.

Transfur is a decent site, I just don't think it's worth it. Not for two or three posts a week. Maybe. If you're lucky... Most artists who post at Transfur have a real webgallery at FurAffinity, DeviantArt, or one of the many other sites, and post to Transfur as an afterthought.

That's not to say I don't visit each day. It's just to say that I don't see much new work, and I don't see the point of donating to it if there are no significant benefits to the artists.

I've been here for nearly 25 years now. I watched Transfur from it's inception. I can't really say it's grown much. It's a good hobby, something to play with if it's free, but not something I'd invest in.
Bring back the TF Boards.

Changing Times Podcast
Shadow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2016   #12
tjlemke

Let it die. That's my take
tjlemke is offline   Reply With Quote