free hit counters
Potentially (but not necessarily) process-y Upcoming Movie Thread (with clips) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-31-2012   #1
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Potentially (but not necessarily) process-y Upcoming Movie Thread (with clips)

Well, I come across a lot of movie stuff - mostly, but not always at Twitchfilm.com that I enjoy sharing here. Figured it'd make more sense to create a new thread for the upcoming films that *aren't* Japanese ;p

I know there are Nightbreed fans here (including myself) - apparently there is a 155 minute cut of the flick hovering around the netherworlds:

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/05/c...-cabal-cut.php

Sadly, most of us probably won't be able to see it anytime soon thanks to copyright issues, but the potential is there.

----------

Next, something potentially very weird - "Branded". The poster shows a man with a cow's head, but that might just be metaphorical. The trailers are absolutely amazingly bizarre, but no visible TF as such.

Russian trailer: http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/05/r...he-mad-cow.php

English language trailer (different): http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/05/s...lt-branded.php

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012   #2
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Potentially (but not necessarily) process-y Upcoming Movie Thread (with clips)

Now this upcoming Chinese flick - "Painted Skin II" has some very good process-type clips in the trailer...the final version will probably have considerably more...

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/06/n...ted-skin-2.php

Unread 08-31-2012   #3
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Potentially (but not necessarily) process-y Upcoming Movie Thread (with clips)

A new english-subbed trailer for "Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attack" by Junji Ito.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/08/u...ish-attack.php

Pretty weird looking.

Here's a longer, non-subbed PV for it:

Some comments I've read have mentioned that this is associated with the "World God Only Knows" series and there are at least a few hints at bizarre TFs - the full OVA appears to be available on youtube, but I'll probably order the UK dvd - out this week.

Unread 09-01-2012   #4
Dayn
Yaiba no Genkaku

Location: wandering through oncoming traffic, lost in deep thought

the manga was creepy enough....now tey're making a movie of it?!
.......are they really that far out of ideas?
Dayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012   #5
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post

Pretty weird looking.

Some comments I've read have mentioned that this is associated with the "World God Only Knows" series and there are at least a few hints at bizarre TFs - the full OVA appears to be available on youtube, but I'll probably order the UK dvd - out this week.
I read the manga. Provided it's the same, the monsters in the movie are mechanical legs and a bacteria. The bacteria bloats up living things and causes them to produce a gas. The legs then attach to a body and use the gas to power themselves. In the manga one girl gets infected with the bacteria and bloats up to huge proportions. Her mind is mostly gone by then, and later on she gets attached to a set of legs.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012   #6
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post

Pretty weird looking.

I don't see any hinted TFs here, just people being killed by mutant fish.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012   #7
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
I read the manga. Provided it's the same, the monsters in the movie are mechanical legs and a bacteria. The bacteria bloats up living things and causes them to produce a gas. The legs then attach to a body and use the gas to power themselves. In the manga one girl gets infected with the bacteria and bloats up to huge proportions. Her mind is mostly gone by then, and later on she gets attached to a set of legs.
That sounds like some of the clips I've seen - even in the subbed trailer. Not sure how much process there is, but definitely some body-weirdness.

Unread 09-02-2012   #8
Hugo Prosperio
Mansion Moderator

Based on Junji Ito? Yeah, gonna probably have weird body horror stuff.

My Gumroad
My Patreon

Featuring stories of Bodily Transformation and Wonder
Hugo Prosperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012   #9
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Well "Branded" (see first post) apparently had a stealth release with no critic previews this week....and is apparently bad across the board.

That said, I'm still interested in the visuals shown in the trailers and described in some reviews...that and the apparent concept used by fast food companies in the film to make fatness/obesity the new "thin"....not sure how much is shown though.

I'll probably just wait and give it a netflix rental in a few months.

Unread 10-02-2013   #10
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Long break in posting on this thread - and I may come back with a few more additions.

First up though - just watched the nifty little "found footage" flick "Frankenstein's Army". I'd been looking forward to this from the info on Twitch for a long time and it's a nice little piece of work.

Lots of great, grotesque and creepy steampunk horror designs - seriously, it's like these guys looked at Big Daddy from Bioshock (say call him a 4 after the first appearance) and cranked the dial up to 11.

Sadly, no process and practically no female characters either - aside from a creepy cybernetic nurse (interesting but mostly covered) and this:

Which is apparently Frankenstein's mom according to the credits. Unfortunately other than seeing her move and move her limbs a little, there's not much going on - but it's an interesting concept.

Unread 10-04-2013   #11
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Didn't see anything in the trailer I just looked up in youtube (anything at all).

On a side note, just saw this brand new clip - inspired (or produced?) completely by Guillermo Del Toro:

Unread 12-09-2013   #12
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Attack of the Werewolves aka Game of Werewolves aka Lobos de Arga

http://twitchfilm.com/2012/04/imagin...es-review.html

Finally got my hands on the UK Blu-ray. Not sure '"Shaun of the Dead" with Werewolves' is the most accurate description. It's pretty funny, but not to that level. (might just be that some of the jokes don't translate to subs as well).

Sooooo, excellent practical and CGI effects...sadly no attractive actresses. The entire village winds up transforming, and you have some brief female seconds - but they're all old women.

Oh well...worth a rental still.