free hit counters
Big Girls by Image Comics - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-17-2020   #1
Wussy
Frequent Poster

Big Girls by Image Comics

A percentage of children get infected with a strange parasite that causes the boys to grow into kaiju-like monsters while the girls just grow. Follow Ember as she deals with being a 300' monster slayer while trying to have some semblance of a personal life, which can be difficult when you live in an aircraft hanger.

Official synopsis here

Trailer here

The first issue just came out last week, and it's already doing some really interesting things with the idea. I like that it commits to the realistic answers of "how do we deal with this problem?" and doesn't just magically create some easy answers. also geez Jason Howard talk about being horny on main
Attached Images
File Type: jpg biggirls01_preview12-13_c6815a0147f8285e3b5042ebb3626151.jpg (220.8 KB, 431 views)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." -- The Doctor
Wussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2020   #2
ryantherebel
Frequent Poster

Re: Big Girls by Image Comics

I checked out some of the scans on giantesscity, and I was taken a back but some it's content I'm compelled to see we're it goes because while it does get dark it's not full on grim-dark, and their is a sense of pathos and humanity to it.
Unread 08-20-2020   #3
JBird
Casual Artist

Apart from giant on giant violence and destruction, how is it when it comes to interactions with normal sized characters? If it's anything like some of the explicitly violent stories that make the rounds over on Giantess City, I'm probably going to pass. Not particularly squeamish, just can't tolerate material that crosses into snuff stories.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2020   #4
Wussy
Frequent Poster

Ember herself is gentle, she's a protector after all. She's shown trying to minimize damage and rescue civilians, but some building damage is inevitable.

But when I talk about being serious, in the first issue they shoot a 15' tall 7-yr-old in the head before he can become even more monstrous. Remember: once infected, the change is inevitable.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." -- The Doctor
Wussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2020   #5
JBird
Casual Artist

I suppose that's fine enough for me to give it a look. Just anything to do with gratuitous red stains under feet and vore and the like is not my cup of tea.
Unread 08-21-2020   #6
ryantherebel
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
I suppose that's fine enough for me to give it a look. Just anything to do with gratuitous red stains under feet and vore and the like is not my cup of tea.
It doesn't seem like it'll be going for that level gore-shed that's desired by some of the more colorful dwellers of giantesscity, but when it comes to emotional gut punches it's aiming for stuff on the level of Plague Dogs.
Unread 09-01-2020   #7
ryantherebel
Frequent Poster

I ended up buying the first issue of Big Girls from my local comic shop, and I have some thoughts about it.

First off, it is most defiantly not a fetish comic. This is a comic that is setting out to tell a story. I personally can't t judge that story just yet, because the first issue is ultimately about setting the tone for the series, and what is at stake. I'm not sure if we'll have a flash back slow growth sequence but I kind of doubt it.

If nothing else I'm willing to pickup the second issue for two reasons:

1. The first issue keeps the exposition of what just happened to create the giant monsters and giant women vague and to a minimum. As much as i'm a sci-fi buff, I hate long winded exposition and self-indulgent world-building that grinds the story to halt. Big Girls from my end, seems to be taking it's exposition cues from stuff like Mad Max were you get little bits and pieces to flesh out a richer picture.

2. It's dark, but it's not edge-lord dark. When people complain about a work being "dark and gritty" it's usually because the darkness and grittiness doesn't come from anywhere genuine. It exits that way either for marketing purposes or for the creator's self-satisfaction. The reason why what happens in this issue is so effective is because it comes from a place of empathy. There is a point to it all, and I hope that point develops well beyond the first issue.
Unread 09-01-2020   #8
JBird
Casual Artist

That's a fair assessment. I still have yet to pick up a copy, but I never expected it to be some self-indulgent or explicit fetish work as some would prefer in literally all mainstream media.