free hit counters
Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam) - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-09-2013   #49
samuel11
Process Fan

Re: Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam)

Anytime Just can't wait to play this game xD
samuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013   #50
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel11 View Post
Anytime Just can't wait to play this game xD
I can't wait to develop it :3

On a side note, the promo video should be posted up tomorrow if all goes well.

Edit: I'm at 80€, wee! I'm happy its going forwards, even if just a bit

My Deviantart: http://cuddle-beam.deviantart.com/

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.
CuddleBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013   #51
Ryu_Knight
Chop, Chop, Chop, Chop

This game sounds like its gonna be good, I hope the full price for it be too high in the end

but on a similar note zdemian just posted the full version of his promo picture that CuddleBeam asked him to draw, see link below

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Cow-Girl-Farmer-399239697

Ryu_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013   #52
AhziDahaka
This is a user title.

Question Re: Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam)

I'll start by apologizing for the sheer length of this post; I have a bit of a habit of being rather verbose with these kinds of things. If you skip to the end, I won't blame you. That said...

I try to think of a potential NPC, and my mind fills with questions like:

What is the physical location of the cowgirl farm? Is it in Mexico? Canada? Italy? Egypt? Brazil? China? Are there beaches nearby, or mountains?

How do cowgirls fit in society? What are their legal rights and how does society perceive them? Do different breeds have different rights and public perceptions, such as the more feral "moon" cowgirls possibly having fewer human rights than "sun" cowgirls? Are all of them kept in cowgirl farms, or are there ones who have lives entirely separate from that?

Where did the cowgirls come from? Are they genetically-altered humans? If so, are they able to reproduce or does their genetic engineering render them sterile? What is their lifespan? What are their overall diets like; are they omnivores, herbivores, or even carnivores? Does all this depend on what breed they are? Are "moon" type cowgirls earlier results of genetic engineering, with "sun" types being more recent, improved versions? What do they think of hamburgers?

Given the major theme of BE, is it generally accepted among cowgirls that bigger is better? Is there some physical/psychological incentive for them to want to grow, or do they have varying preferences and beliefs? Tying in to the first set of questions, what does society think of this? Has busty cowgirl culture broken into "purebred human" culture, or do human women think it's degrading, or is there a lot of divide on the issue? Am I thinking way, way too much about all of this?

In other words, I have no idea what's going on with the world of Cow Girl Farmer.

I guess it all depends on how well-developed a story and setting one's shooting for here--but I would wager that the social interaction part of the game could only benefit from a well fleshed-out world for the characters to exist in. I think it offers more possibility for interesting and believable characters as well--maybe one human girl is an activist of some kind, for example, or maybe there's a "sun" cowgirl that looks down on "moon" cowgirls. Maybe there's even a big businessman lobbying against cowgirl rights in order to keep his industrial empire maximally profitable... But whether any of that can work depends on the social landscape of the setting.

In the end, I guess what I'm really asking is: to what extent is Cow Girl Farmer fap material, and to what extent is it an interactive world and/or story? Whatever the answer is, it is going to have an influence on the design of any NPCs that cannot be overstated.
AhziDahaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #53
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Cuddle, I'm gonna be learning more about implementing video in PyGame, since RAPT doesn't support it.
I'd love to be your guy for the Droid port!
Unread 09-10-2013   #54
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhziDahaka View Post
I'll start by apologizing for the sheer length of this post; I have a bit of a habit of being rather verbose with these kinds of things. If you skip to the end, I won't blame you. That said...

I try to think of a potential NPC, and my mind fills with questions like:

What is the physical location of the cowgirl farm? Is it in Mexico? Canada? Italy? Egypt? Brazil? China? Are there beaches nearby, or mountains?

How do cowgirls fit in society? What are their legal rights and how does society perceive them? Do different breeds have different rights and public perceptions, such as the more feral "moon" cowgirls possibly having fewer human rights than "sun" cowgirls? Are all of them kept in cowgirl farms, or are there ones who have lives entirely separate from that?

Where did the cowgirls come from? Are they genetically-altered humans? If so, are they able to reproduce or does their genetic engineering render them sterile? What is their lifespan? What are their overall diets like; are they omnivores, herbivores, or even carnivores? Does all this depend on what breed they are? Are "moon" type cowgirls earlier results of genetic engineering, with "sun" types being more recent, improved versions? What do they think of hamburgers?

Given the major theme of BE, is it generally accepted among cowgirls that bigger is better? Is there some physical/psychological incentive for them to want to grow, or do they have varying preferences and beliefs? Tying in to the first set of questions, what does society think of this? Has busty cowgirl culture broken into "purebred human" culture, or do human women think it's degrading, or is there a lot of divide on the issue? Am I thinking way, way too much about all of this?

In other words, I have no idea what's going on with the world of Cow Girl Farmer.

I guess it all depends on how well-developed a story and setting one's shooting for here--but I would wager that the social interaction part of the game could only benefit from a well fleshed-out world for the characters to exist in. I think it offers more possibility for interesting and believable characters as well--maybe one human girl is an activist of some kind, for example, or maybe there's a "sun" cowgirl that looks down on "moon" cowgirls. Maybe there's even a big businessman lobbying against cowgirl rights in order to keep his industrial empire maximally profitable... But whether any of that can work depends on the social landscape of the setting.

In the end, I guess what I'm really asking is: to what extent is Cow Girl Farmer fap material, and to what extent is it an interactive world and/or story? Whatever the answer is, it is going to have an influence on the design of any NPCs that cannot be overstated.

No, on the contrary. Its good that you develop and detail your questions. It helps me grow too

-The location is initially going to be something like German Farmlands (I've been working around there this summer while I was coding Cow Girl Farmer, around Halle and some more places in Sachsen-Anhalt. They're exactly the right places and scenery I had in mind )

Something like this

However beaches, deserts and the sort are available, just further away from the "main" green and germanic area. Think of the Pokemon continents. They're very small (relatively speaking) areas of land with a lot of ecosystems within it. Well, CGF will have something similar. The "real location" isn't going to be anywhere, like Springfield in the Simpsons.

-Moon cows have animal rights and the sort - which in the game universe is almost at par with human rights. Think of the animal rights in Switzerland or Norway(http://www.regjeringen.no/en/doc/law...html?id=571188). Something like that. I love laws, legal procedures and stuff like that :P (I'm the Advocate guy in my unis Student Delegation.) However putting in a complete legislative system in-game might be too intimidating and people aren't going to give it much attention anyway, unless they're a Nomic player (Nomic is an awesome game by the way http://legacy.earlham.edu/~peters/writing/nomic.htm).

-Moon cowgirls are a "natural" species. The exact origin will be handwaved, however this species also lead to the belief of animal-human hybrids in mythology (think yokais, Egyptian Gods, etc). They live a bit less than humans and thier "prime" and youthfulness lasts much longer. Sun cowgirls come from human-moon interbreeding or genetic manipulation. They both consider themselves cousins of the normal cow species, however not the same "family" to so say it. Same with people and monkeys. We are related, but there are people who eat monkeys without any problems. Eating a fried monkey brains (Its a dish in Moscow) isn't like eating a person, you see.

-Bigger is better, generally. Cowgirls, in general, don't see having huge breasts as a bad thing, or large but smaller-than-average isn't a bad thing either. You just need to be as big as you need to be (however if someone she cares about likes big breasts, she will start to consider it as a cosmetic asset). However, small breasts is a bit of a concern, since cowgirls need copious amount of milk for thier young, however various solution exist (powder milk, breast pills, etc).

Think of how society would be if cooperation-loving aliens who where at par with humans came to earth? Kinda like that.

If you really want to know more about my view on CGF, have a look at my CuddleCow stories (http://www.process-productions.com/f...ad.php?t=32675).

- Those little conflicts are interesting plot points I was hoping to include, one way or another. Please suggest more!

- It will have a lot of both. It can be pure informal fap if you ignore/diss NPC's and focus on production and growth, or it can be a deep and meaningful exloration if you're up for it.

----------------

Sure, Vincent. That would be really, really awesome. I was thinking of using a little sorcery and have Android CGF run the movies on a regular movie Android app kind of thing, then flip back to the main game when it was done (or avoid movies altogether). However, if you're up to the challenges, I can't say no.

You're the Android guy.

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-10-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Unread 09-10-2013   #55
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

EDIT: Dropbox is live! Also, if you're into trance at all, there's a little something extra... offer good for the next ten minutes.
There's a surprise waiting for you in the Dropbox, in maybe ten minutes or so.

Also, I seriously like your idea of FMV outside of the app to start, but I think it might be a good idea to eventually work out Python - or even Java - to the point where we can get the video streamlined into the app itself. See Need for Speed: Shift as a reference point.

Last edited by vincent_richter; 09-10-2013 at 01:43 AM.
vincent_richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #56
Bestarred
Frequent Poster

Dropped the game into the root of one of my drives, but the error is more or less unchanged:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'D:\\renpy\\common\\_layout\\screen_main_menu.rpym\\*.*'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 265, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\main.py", line 164, in main
    for fn in os.listdir(dir):
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'D:\\renpy\\common\\_layout\\screen_main_menu.rpym\\*.*'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.15.7.374
Didn't really expect it to help, since we've got those \\ from the escape characters inside folders inside the game itself, but it was worth checking. Part of me wonders how it was getting these to work on other systems, since \ as an escape character is pretty universal.

Should I be reporting other weird niggling things, like the way that Lash contributes +26 units of funbux when her milking level reaches 1 (at least, I think that's when it started), but it never seems to go up after that? I guess this feeds back into the placeholder statements I was making earlier in the thread.

Belatedly, the main difference between Indiegogo and Kickstarter is that Indiegogo takes your money as soon as you put in the pledge; the actual goal listed is more or less meaningless in that regard. So while I will state that I kind of think the goal on the IGG campaign is probably a mite over-optimistic, it's also not really a noteworthy concern; whatever it raises, it raises.

Last edited by Bestarred; 09-10-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Bestarred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #57
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Oh shi
My bad, I thought you already had the CGF-1.0-all directory under the RenPy install directory.
The new game isn't self-contained, and RenPy is fairly picky about having the game directory as a subfolder of the RenPy installation.

Found that one out the hard way.
Unread 09-10-2013   #58
Bestarred
Frequent Poster

I think I may be misunderstanding your instructions.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'D:\\Fresh Downloads\\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\\CGF-1.0-all\\renpy\\common\\_layout\\screen_main_menu.rpym\\*.*'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 265, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\main.py", line 164, in main
    for fn in os.listdir(dir):
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'D:\\Fresh Downloads\\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\\CGF-1.0-all\\renpy\\common\\_layout\\screen_main_menu.rpym\\*.*'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.15.7.374
Bestarred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #59
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

No, you have it right in your last post...
I think you need to launch renpy.exe, not the CGF python file.
It's simply a matter of getting the engine to open before attempting to load the game

EDIT: Badgered Bear, now with full executable APK functionality!

Last edited by vincent_richter; 09-10-2013 at 03:05 AM.
vincent_richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #60
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
No, you have it right in your last post...
I think you need to launch renpy.exe, not the CGF python file.
It's simply a matter of getting the engine to open before attempting to load the game

EDIT: Badgered Bear, now with full executable APK functionality!
Whoa. That's efficient. No point in putting it as a stretchgoal then - I'll just release it in Android in the full release as well!

Switching it out for Translation to Spanish.