free hit counters
Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam) - Page 6 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-10-2013   #61
rocklee248
neko

Re: Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam)

so how many different cowgirls are you planing on adding and are they going to have a variety of images for them with larger breast size? how is the BE going to be implemented?
Unread 09-10-2013   #62
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

All good questions. Right now, it's in the backend-debugging phase, but I think you have the general idea where the artwork will be heading for this. Given, the more funds donated, the more funds can be allocated to commissioning for-hire artists...
Unread 09-10-2013   #63
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee248 View Post
so how many different cowgirls are you planing on adding and are they going to have a variety of images for them with larger breast size? how is the BE going to be implemented?
As the game is now, the cows are procedually generated. What does this mean? Given its amount of "pieces", the system sensibly tailors a cowgirl. As of now, there should about about millions of different permutations, considering personality traits, innate talents and appearances. (Beta Testers: They're the variables ending in "d", which stands for desviation, so bustmassd is the tendancy to gain more or less bustmass)

The cowgirls appearance will be generated from the pieces, similarly how other Girl Maker games work, but in 2D. In order to get the pieces and to make the graphics accurate, I need to make a collaborative effort between artists (who need to be comissioned) and myself (coding)

BE will be implemented in-system by milking, massages and certain diet choices. Graphically, the breasts will be semi vector-generated and celshaded and worked up from there (Breasts 2m in diameter or bigger will be generated differently than regular "huge" breasts, for example)

My Deviantart: http://cuddle-beam.deviantart.com/

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-10-2013 at 09:00 AM.
CuddleBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #64
the_king901
Leecher

I am thinking about funding, but would like to know what you would do if you did not reach the 7.500€ Goal. Because you have it on Indiegogo you still get all the money that has been funded. Would you still be putting out a game (with less everything)?
That is atleast what is holding me back from funding you until I see more funding put in from others. Don`t get me wrong, I really want to see and play your game but I have been burned by crowdfunding before and would like more facts on the table before I put in any money.
the_king901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #65
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Thats actually quite an important point. Thanks for telling me about it.

In the case I raise less than the goal, I would still release the game, but with less features, proportional to the amount available.

For example:
7500=100%: all features, full depth, full detail.
2500=33%: Less quests, less detail, but still a game.

I'll update the campaign with this issue. its important, and I'm glad you pointed them out. Thank you, King
However, I'm confident I'll reach the goal on time. After 24 hours, I raised 230 euros.

230e * 42 days = 9660 euros, which is well above the goal.

However, for that to become a reality, I'll need your help. Every bit counts a lot!

Edit: Added this to the campaign page in the FAQ " The goal is for the 100% game, full questlines and full characteristics. If the goal isn't reached, the game with content proportional to the raised amount will be released."

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-10-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Unread 09-10-2013   #66
Bestarred
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
I think you need to launch renpy.exe, not the CGF python file.
I was launching CGF.exe, not CGF.py, but okay. Launched renpy.exe, launched the project from there. Looks like the same issue.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'D:\\Fresh Downloads\\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\\CGF-1.0-all\\renpy\\common\\_layout\\screen_main_menu.rpym\\*.*'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 265, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\main.py", line 164, in main
    for fn in os.listdir(dir):
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'D:\\Fresh Downloads\\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\\CGF-1.0-all\\renpy\\common\\_layout\\screen_main_menu.rpym\\*.*'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.15.7.374
Bestarred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013   #67
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestarred View Post
I was launching CGF.exe, not CGF.py, but okay. Launched renpy.exe, launched the project from there. Looks like the same issue.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 265, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Fresh Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\main.py", line 164, in main
    for fn in os.listdir(dir):

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.15.7.374
Hrm. Try having the whole directory path not contain any spaces or odd symbols. I think that the space in "Fresh Downloads" is giving problems, since you can't put spaces or the sort into Ren'Py game project file names. I suggest putting the game file directly in D://, and running it from there.

Unread 09-10-2013   #68
Bestarred
Frequent Poster

That was tried on the previous page, but not combined with running through Ren'Py directly. Okay, moved it all to the root. Oddly, Shift + E isn't doing anything at all now. Ran CGF.exe instead, got the same result. I can get into the developer menu with Shift + D, along with the console at Shit + O, but that's it. Do I need to have something else installed beyond Ren'Py and Python?

Last edited by Bestarred; 09-10-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Unread 09-10-2013   #69
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
That was tried on the previous page, but not combined with running through Ren'Py directly. Okay, moved it all to the root. Oddly, Shift + E isn't doing anything at all now. Ran CGF.exe instead, got the same result. I can get into the developer menu with Shift + D, along with the console at Shit + O, but that's it. Do I need to have something else installed beyond Ren'Py and Python?
Supposively, no. I find your error to be terribly odd, since you're the only Beta who is getting it. Still, someone else might get your error in the future, so its better to get it solved now than later.

In the console, try writing one of the following

jump label done
jump label omnidisplay
jump label event_dispatcher

and tell me what you get. From where are you opening the console/dev?

Unread 09-10-2013   #70
Bestarred
Frequent Poster

I'd been trying to open it all over the place, in case it was a locational issue. Tried running those three from the planning screen, and got:
Code:
File "<string>", line 1: end of line expected.
jump label done
       ^
Same if I do it in the middle of the working day. Naturally, it changes what text is in the second line to match what I'm typing, but the carat always points at 'label'.

From the title screen (or while the developer menu is open):
Code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Last edited by Bestarred; 09-10-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Unread 09-10-2013   #71
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
I'd been trying to open it all over the place, in case it was a locational issue. Tried running those three from the planning screen, and got:
Code:
File "<string>", line 1: end of line expected.
jump label done
       ^
Same if I do it in the middle of the working day. Naturally, it changes what text is in the second line to match what I'm typing, but the carat always points at 'label'.

From the title screen (or while the developer menu is open):
Code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Wait. If you can open the planning and explore the workday, where is the error? Wasn't it popping up at the titlescreen?

I must be misunderstanding something.

Unread 09-10-2013   #72
Bestarred
Frequent Poster

I can go through what amounts to the gameplay normally; this is all trouble when trying to use the dev tools (shift-E caused most of the errors I'd been reporting as trackbacks). Flipping back, it does look like I was way too vague when I was getting traceback errors; my apologies for leading down this stupid rabbit hole. Funnily enough, in a couple of posts I had put (and then later edited out) that I wasn't sure this was really worth chasing, but each time decided that if it was happening here, it might be causing other problems elsewhere down the line. I suppose I should stop second-guessing myself so much.

Tangentally, my apologies if I keep coming out as overly confrontational, pessimistic, or otherwise dickish. It's not usually my intent, but it seems to keep happening.